2023-24 NBA Season thread

TrueYankee26

8 hours ago, who do you think said:

The Celtics are 4-0 after obliterating the Halliburton-less Pacers and hitting every three they took, then subbing in Hauser and Pritchard for garbage time and them hitting every three they took. Celtics reddit/twitter/internet is of course jerking themselves off about the offseason moves and how much better the team looks, as if last year's Celtics didn't start off on like a 67 win pace in exactly the same fashion before the other shoe dropped in December.

> why do you look at reddit when all it does is make you roll your eyes and then go whine about it on a logos forum

Don't worry about it.

Sounds like last years Celtics were the 2022 Yankees lol.

Wemby might actually be the guy who lives up to the hype. 38-10-2 in 34 minutes with a +21 in an 11-point win over the KD and Booker Suns.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, Unocal said:

Wemby is HIM

Everyone is HIM.

I think that's my least favorite NBAism. Maybe second behind "he put him on a poster!"

Who's even making posters anyway?

• Like 5

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

HIM is the dumbest of all the dumb things that kids today say.  I was watching one of the NFL shows and they had the "Him" award.  That's just stupidly stupid.

Is there "her"?  After some gymnast sticks the landing, does anyone in the crowd yell "Biles is HER!"

It's not cute.  It's dumb.  It'll age just as bad as "swag" did, and I'm already as tired of it as I am with "goat" and all the various ways that people work "goat" into other words.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The NBA and this stupid tournament and stupid special courts is dumb as hell.

I gave it a chance and put on Cavs-Pacers. The basketball is about as good as any early November NBA game and the court is physically difficult to watch. :censored:ing stupid. I lasted about 11 minutes. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

On the Yes Network, the color commentator was saying she was having a hard time watching the game with the red court and couldn't make out who was who.

I bet that wasn't going over well.

The Timberwolves have beaten the Celtics, Nuggets, and Heat (albeit on "Player Rest Day" for Miami).

And they've blown a 20-point lead to Atlanta. This team could probably skip the entire play-in that round that they're becoming mainstays in if they could just figure out how to hold leads against non-elite teams.  They'll probably miss the six seed by two games after going 1-5 against Charlotte, Detroit, and Washington.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 11/3/2023 at 6:04 PM, BBTV said:

HIM is the dumbest of all the dumb things that kids today say.  I was watching one of the NFL shows and they had the "Him" award.  That's just stupidly stupid.

Is there "her"?  After some gymnast sticks the landing, does anyone in the crowd yell "Biles is HER!"

It's not cute.  It's dumb.  It'll age just as bad as "swag" did, and I'm already as tired of it as I am with "goat" and all the various ways that people work "goat" into other words.

ESPN just wrote a whole article on the "Too Small" gesture, which I feel is equally as dumb.  NBA players seem to be the most unoriginal people on planet earth and they're so damn corny all the time.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 8:53 PM, See Red said:

Yeah, tried watching the Nuggets game and it’s unwatchable.

Imagine watching ice hockey being played on ice surface colored just like this. Even if ppl think it's pretty, it is not easy to pick out who's who or who's where. Reminds me of that one play from Boise State football: 

Someone just needs to knock Green out cold. It's the only appropriate comeuppance for his career of BS, I still remember him holding Sabonis down on the floor in the backcourt during one of the Kings games last spring and nobody even cared. The league has never and will never do anything substantial about him, not with a gaping LOLcat like Adam Silver in charge and definitely not now that he's weaseled his way into the occasional TNT studio appearance.

Minnesota sounds sufficiently pissed off about this, they've started off and this may help them keep it going. If they can trade Towns for something useful they might be a threat this year.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The Wolves are 8-2 with KAT. Why move him?

I can’t see why they would do that barring a surprisingly, generous offer. Yesterday, Edwards didn’t have a great game and KAT grabbed that win for them.

I am usually a big Steve Kerr fan, but I was a little disappointed in his comical defense of his player and suggestion that Gobert did the same thing. L O L.

I think Green might tone his act down if someone popped him in the jaw.

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)