MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

The Dodgers Take 2 is interesting.  I know that they had already been tinkering with them by changing the cap and ditching the blue pants but, not knowing the turnaround time, I'm wondering if there was a rush because Version 1 was heavily promoted with Julio Urias who they have done their best to retcon out of existence.

• Like 2

VmWIn6B.png

Here's your confirmed lineup of new City Connect uniforms coming in 2024 -- I do NOT know which team is being released in what order; this is presented alphabetically. I know that all nine will be released between Opening Day and the All-Star Break. Don't bother trying to get any details on the designs out of me because I don't know what they'll look like; they're guarding those pretty tightly! (Except for that one, you know the one)

My story here: https://news.sportslogos.net/2024/02/13/2024-mlb-city-connect-teams-nikes-new-uniform-details-revealed/baseball/

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • LOL 1

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

In other 2024 baseball uniform news today, Nike gave us the lowdown on their new retail jersey options. For the first time in a while, there will be more than just the on-field authentic and replicas offered to fans, as they've added a third in-between option.

The on-fields will be called the Vapor Premier Elite -- they are not yet available; the mid-tier (the only ones available to purchase right now) are the Vapor Premier Limited, and the cheapy replicas (also not yet available) are the Vapor Premier Game.

Why aren't the game jerseys called "Game"? I don't know.

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 2

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

1 hour ago, adsarebad said:

People are (rightfully so) :censored:ing on fanatics..... but aren't Nike the ones that produce the jerseys,? In the same factory in Easton, PA where Majestic made them?

Or is that over with now 😞

This is the question I was about to ask. I believe read that Fanatics was going to produce the NHL jerseys in the same place Adidas is currently having them made, but hadn't seen anything re: where the MLB game jerseys are being produced for 2024. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adsarebad said:

People are (rightfully so) :censored:ing on fanatics..... but aren't Nike the ones that produce the jerseys,? In the same factory in Easton, PA where Majestic made them?

Or is that over with now 😞

I think it's the same deal as NFL uniforms. Someone else puts them together, and then another site adds the logos and wordmarks. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Maybe, if we get really, really lucky...more players will revolt against this revolting template.
I'm not holding my breath, however.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AstroCree said:

I'm praying for Fanatics' downfall. They've been a walking disaster in this market. 

It rubs me the wrong way when Michael Rubin has these extravagant parties with people dressed in high end clothes meanwhile Mitchell & Ness no longer uses actual stitches in their jerseys, just a single layer nearly transparent fake tackle twill while charging more.

The M&N quality has gone so far downhill. At least the fanatics branded fan jerseys never had a reputation of quality.

I'm not a huge hockey guy, but I don't have high expectations for the new gear.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The NHL is still hosed though. 

They have a couple of years before Fanatics makes any drastic changes to the uniforms. Hopefully with enough negative feedback to the MLB updates they learn their lesson and don't do anything stupid.

5 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

It literally looks like one of the free ones they give away to fans. 

I bought each of our boys a Brewers Kids Crew membership for Christmas. This year's kit included a promo-grade City Connect jersey, and even that has a sewn and embroidered sleeve patch and "MKE" jock tag. And that was $45 including all taxes and fees, including sunglasses, a hat, a set of Crocs charms, and oh yeah, six ticket vouchers.

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

4 hours ago, projectjohn said:

I'm afraid. Very afraid. But then again, if the focus grouping Uni-Watch posted about a few years ago was presumably getting feedback for potential City Connect jerseys, maybe I shouldn't be.

https://uni-watch.com/2021/09/22/exclusive-tigers-focus-grouping-new-throwbacks/

My prediction for the Tigers:

- Navy blue jersey with "MOTOR CITY" arched across the front in block font, in the style of the 84 road. Gray sleeve numbers and no piping or cuff stripes, in the style of the 68 road.

- Navy blue pants, no piping.

- Gray socks

- Gray hat with navy bill, navy squatchee, and navy Old English D.

They'll look like mechanic coveralls.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Hurl 1

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, burgundy said:

My prediction for the Tigers:

- Navy blue jersey with "MOTOR CITY" arched across the front in block font, in the style of the 84 road. Gray sleeve numbers and no piping or cuff stripes, in the style of the 68 road.

- Navy blue pants, no piping.

- Gray socks

- Gray hat with navy bill, navy squatchee, and navy Old English D.

They'll look like mechanic coveralls.

Letter and numbers will probably be in chrome. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png