MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

11 minutes ago, Bmac said:

That reminds me, I take it one-off TBTC uniforms are dead for the time being? I miss the occasional throwback game.

(With the exception of the special event game mentioned in the previous post.)

As far as I’m aware, Nike’s “4+1” rule doesn’t preclude the use  of the occasional throwback, just that those 5 primary jerseys are the only ones that can be worn regularly, with entire lines of merchandise surrounding them.

That’s why the Rays were still able to wear their throwback gradients every so often, before they dropped the road gray to make room for it in the main set, so that they could wear it more frequently & make additional merchandise surrounding it. 

Also, with all of the production issues affecting the main jerseys currently, and the excitement over City Connects, I imagine throwbacks are simply not high on the priority list. But I don’t think things will remain that way permanently.

On 5/31/2024 at 4:20 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

PS -as you know, they aren't new. I'm doing this to help @Silent Wind of Doom verify when the uniforms are used, especially since they were slow to appear, because Fanatics.

Much appreciated.  Now there's only two remaining...

One last Cardinals alt, the powder blues, and the Cub's City Connects.  The latter, as discussed earlier, appears to not be worn before June.  Friday was the last day of May, so we'll have to wait until the end of the week to see if they're back.

Well, there actually is another.  Last year with the advent of the 4+1 setup and the culling of so many extraneous alternates, the San Diego Padres actually had an exemption to be able to wear two different camo uniforms: Desert and Forest.

St. Louis Cardinals v San Diego Padres

Thus far, we've had five camo days and they've worn the desert print every single one.

New York Yankees v San Diego Padres

I mean, it fits their identity very well.  I wouldn't be unhappy with them sticking with the one.  I'm just wondering if there's been word about them dropping down to 4+1.  I looked for tweets in order, but the most recent mention of the green camo is the team saying they were 3-3 in them last year.  Perhaps that's the reason for the change.

• Like 3

spacer.png

spacer.png

You can't even buy the authentic (elite)  Blue Jays city connect jersey, nor the Cardinals one.... so all the Cardinals  promo talk about the chain stitched birds is BS.

I can't believe people are paying 175 for the awful screen printed replicas! 

those are garbage.

3-400 $ is a lot, but at least you get the real ones, but as i said, none available online

9 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

One last Cardinals alt, the powder blues, and the Cub's City Connects.  The latter, as discussed earlier, appears to not be worn before June.  Friday was the last day of May, so we'll have to wait until the end of the week to see if they're back.

Well, there actually is another.  Last year with the advent of the 4+1 setup and the culling of so many extraneous alternates, the San Diego Padres actually had an exemption to be able to wear two different camo uniforms: Desert and Forest.

St. Louis Cardinals v San Diego Padres

Thus far, we've had five camo days and they've worn the desert print every single one.

New York Yankees v San Diego Padres

I mean, it fits their identity very well.  I wouldn't be unhappy with them sticking with the one.  I'm just wondering if there's been word about them dropping down to 4+1.  I looked for tweets in order, but the most recent mention of the green camo is the team saying they were 3-3 in them last year.  Perhaps that's the reason for the change.

I believe they’re exempt because they don’t sell any of the camo merch or jerseys outside of the stadium. 

Anubis.png

11 minutes ago, Anubis2051 said:

I believe they’re exempt because they don’t sell any of the camo merch or jerseys outside of the stadium. 

Huh...  I thought it was just because of the military tie-in.

Nevertheless, weird that they now seem to have conformed.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 5/31/2024 at 6:08 PM, MJD7 said:

What other team has expressly used the “nighttime” as inspiration for their dark uniform?

Sure, we’ve gotten a lot of dark monochrome uniforms, especially this year, but I believe this is the first one to explicitly say that the nighttime city lights were part of the inspiration.

It's only just started infiltrating baseball, but the "nighttime mode" marketing speak has been used to justify a lot of BFBS or royal blue teams using navy alternates over the last few years. In the NFL we had the Colts bring out the "Indiana nights" alternates, the Lakers have referred to multiple black alternates as "Hollywood nights" uniforms, the NY Rangers unveiled a dark navy third jersey this year meant to represent the city at night, and the Dallas Stars black & neon alternate is inspired by their skyline.

Nothing the Jays did with this uniform is new or original.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

21 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

They wore these on Saturday:

BB1nsHJg.img?w=768&h=512&m=6&x=587&y=233

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1

On 6/2/2024 at 2:13 PM, adsarebad said:

You can't even buy the authentic (elite)  Blue Jays city connect jersey, nor the Cardinals one.... so all the Cardinals  promo talk about the chain stitched birds is BS.

I can't believe people are paying 175 for the awful screen printed replicas! 

those are garbage.

3-400 $ is a lot, but at least you get the real ones, but as i said, none available online

The Blue Jays were one of the first teams to sell game-used jerseys directly to the public. I would assume they still do. Rather than pay an absurd amount for a "real" jersey, why not check with the Jays' team store and see what see what game-used scrub jerseys will cost you?

9 hours ago, M59 said:

The Blue Jays were one of the first teams to sell game-used jerseys directly to the public. I would assume they still do. Rather than pay an absurd amount for a "real" jersey, why not check with the Jays' team store and see what see what game-used scrub jerseys will cost you?

Huh...I was completely unaware of that.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

2 hours ago, Discrim said:

Huh...I was completely unaware of that.

Fanatics had pirates team issued jerseys from a bunch of players and coaches that were like $175-$220. I find it kinda weird you could get an authentic loser player for less than a heat pressed replica. I hate that company so I won’t buy from them if I can ever help it…which is hard cause they own everything…and my hatred of the pirate ownership also keeps my wallet thicker.

edit: here’s an example of an authentic city jersey which to my knowledge they don’t sell authentic ones 

double edit : iPad won’t let me link it. It’s $250 brubaker

KISSwall09.jpg

18 hours ago, M59 said:

right,  but i don't want a scrub jersey.  i want the stars.

although you could say vladdy......... and Goldie and Nolan from the cards are all scrubs at this point 

😓

• LOL 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, adsarebad said:

right,  but i don't want a scrub jersey.  i want the stars.

although you could say vladdy......... and Goldie and Nolan from the cards are all scrubs at this point 

😓

A scrub jersey...and some magic from Bill Henderson = a "star" jersey. 

10 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Blue Jays are wearing their mediocre City Connects way too often? Now who could’ve predicted that?

Saw a quick couple of minutes of that game on TV last night. Those uniforms look...bad.

• Like 4

The colors are nice - the execution is way too much. Looks like a first draft that never got properly refined.   Which is what i'd say to most of these City Connects, they look like the first or second drafts after taking VERY divergent ideas and trying to mash them together.  This is what happens when you mash together tight timelines and too many cooks in the kitchen.

13 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Dodgers’ new City Connects will apparently have player names below the numbers…

It's about time a professional sports team got around to using confetti print for its uniforms, said nobody, ever. 

• LOL 3