MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

I'm so bored by this. There's nothing that I am drawn to. I despise state outline logos in any context, so the cap is a dud for me. The "ripple" effect is a fun idea, looks bad in application. The color scheme is blue and yellow again -- why? 

The sleeve logo of the bird (?) is really weird. 

MN as the centerpiece is even more disappointing. 

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of the Twins City Connect uniforms. As others have pointed to the big issue is they're boring. The lakes / body of water and North Star themes have been really played out in Minnesota sports uniforms over the past decade. Off the top of my head, the Wolves have had two lake themed City uniforms and a North Star one plus MNUFC had a river jersey, and the Wolves and Twins have both added North Stars to their branding not to mention the Wild logo. These don't really provide any new take on either theme that's worth exploring.

I also don't like the colors, which do not feel very Minnesota to me as someone who lives there and hate the sublimation in general that has been appearing on City Connect uniforms. On a positive note, the Minnesota State logo is nice but would work better as a sleeve patch than as a cap logo. Like a lot of City Connect uniforms it feels like they just designed a bunch of cooling looking logos / elements than jammed them together rather creating a cohesive uniform.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

The cap is embarrassing with “10000 Lakes” on the side.  It’s like they have something that’s close to being ok, then go full idiot with it. 

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It saddens me to report that there’s not much I like about this… The logos are alright (the cap logo is probably the best part), but beyond that…

I saw the leak of the socks last night, and the decision to go with yellow was a baffling choice. I suppose it is technically an historic team color since it was used as the trim on the old Minnie & Paul logo, but I doubt that's why they chose it, & using it to this extent feels odd, & repetitive of other teams. It's funny, baseball had a lack of blue & yellow as a color scheme before the City Connects, but now it feels overdone. Most of the blue & yellow uniforms did  need to use that color scheme to accomplish what they wanted to (Red Sox, Mariners, Brewers), but the Phillies & Twins didn't need it. It feels like no coincidence that those two are both among the bottom of the City Connects for me.

Back to the Twins...  the water teasers had me excited, but the pattern they went with looks nothing like water to me, beyond being blue. Between this & the Timberwolves recent City jersey, it seems like Nike is unfortunately not very adept at making a water pattern. Not continuing it to the pants makes it even worse. Interestingly, the 3 navy teams in the AL Central added royal blue for their City Connects, and the one royal team went with navy. Not an ideal strategy for setting teams apart. 😂

Beyond that, I don't think I have much else to say. At least the primary uniforms are still among the best in the league. If anything, they already had a perfect City Connect:

mnm3Few.jpg

The first jersey to say "Twin Cities," and literally connecting the two cities with the flags. There's not much else you need.

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Applause 2

I'm an amateur ornithologist, but I'm concerned for this poor 'loon' and its health. 

minnesota-twins-loon-patch-city-connect-sportslogosnet-201801.jpg

But really, there are already many regional loon sports logos done 10x better.

Minnesota-United-logo.pnggreatlakesloons2016.jpg

Why did they need to shove another branding element in? The loon, the state outline, the MN, the North star, the 10,000 lakes 'wordmark'...way too many things competing on one uniform. This feels like instead of a pitch meeting where ideas were worked out and streamlined into a simple concept, they just had 5 different designers work on each component and then mashed them all together. 

minnesota-twins-new-city-connect-uniform-explained-sportslogosnet-nike-203736.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

14 minutes ago, Green27 said:

I'm an amateur ornithologist, but I'm concerned for this poor 'loon' and its health. 

But really, there are already many regional loon sports logos done 10x better.

Minnesota-United-logo.pnggreatlakesloons2016.jpg

Why did they need to shove another branding element in? The loon, the state outline, the MN, the North star, the 10,000 lakes 'wordmark'...way too many things competing on one uniform. This feels like instead of a pitch meeting where ideas were worked out and streamlined into a simple concept, they just had 5 different designers work on each component and then mashed them all together. 

minnesota-twins-new-city-connect-uniform-explained-sportslogosnet-nike-203736.jpg

"Radiant pink" 😆 I barely even noticed it.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

16 minutes ago, Green27 said:

this loon looks like its trying to pass a yellow star. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

14 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Orioles announce T. Rowe Price as uniform sponsor 

Eons upon eons ago, my rec league softball team had a screen-printed sponsor patch. That's the vibe I'm catching here.
We knew this would happen eventually. It still sucks. Defacing the jersey for the price of a backup infielder is just...sad.

Edited by M59
Stuff...more stuff
  • Like 4

Re: the Twins Cash Grab Connect set: we've had area codes, airport codes, and now a state postal abbreviation code. At some point in Cash Grab Connect, Round Two, I fully expect to see Nike slap a zip code on a jersey and call it a day. 

• Like 1