MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

18 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

The socks are kinda boring but that’s okay.  Before the socks were officially revealed, I was guessing/hoping for the regular socks with wavy flag stripes.it was too obvious I guess. I think it would look really sharp. Use your imagination

spacer.png

spacer.png

I was thinking the same thing.

(That John Denver's full of :censored:)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I'd nominate the Twins:

Texas Rangers v Minnesota Twins

Their essentially perfect rebrand from last year has (thankfully) been largely unaffected by the template change, including the NOBs. That image above shows the perfect size for NOBs in my view, the league-wide change illuminated to me that many of the old NOBs were too big (teams like the Mets and Cubs come to mind), while obviously most all of the new ones with outlines are far too small.

Plus, they don't have an ad patch (yet), which even many of the classic teams, like the Yankees, Cardinals, Dodgers, and Tigers, can no longer say.

14 hours ago, Ark said:

I think the Yankees have the best uniforms in baseball this season. They are the only team not plagued by the terrible NOBs, and IMO the new road design is an improvement

Next season (when the NOBs are fixed supposedly) there will be a debate again.

13 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I agree. Yankees look perfect now and the new road is beautiful. I would not change a single thing about them. I even like the satin batting helmet on the road (it kinda gives off a retro feel) while the gloss works with the pins. If they aren’t the best, they are absolutely top 3.

Without going into detail, let me simply state that I strongly disagree with the opinions expressed above. YMMV. 😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, M59 said:

Without going into detail, let me simply state that I strongly disagree with the opinions expressed above. YMMV. 😀

Go into detail! That’s what these boards are all about. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I agree. Yankees look perfect now and the new road is beautiful. I would not change a single thing about them. I even like the satin batting helmet on the road (it kinda gives off a retro feel) while the gloss works with the pins. If they aren’t the best, they are absolutely top 3.

Well, I might change this:

TOLUG74NPZFM7B6N3I5NG4AATU.jpg?w=640

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

20 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Go into detail! That’s what these boards are all about. 

Quick version...
1) I dislike "custom" NOB fonts. They're generally harder to read than good old MLB block.
2) I dislike most custom number fonts. They're generally not all that...and they don't slow down the bootleggers one single bit.
3) I dislike single color scripts and numbers. I find them boring...particularly on road uniforms.
4) See #3 above for one of the reasons I dislike the Yankee$ road uniforms. The second one is that, IMO even if you don't have NOB on your home kit, you should have it on any jersey your wear on the road.
As always, YMMV.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 2

19 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Well, I might change this:

TOLUG74NPZFM7B6N3I5NG4AATU.jpg?w=640

I can't imagine there's anyone on these boards who disagrees. The only good thing I can say about this ad patch (and the Angels' as well) is at least it's not as big as it could be.  The Red Sox Mass Mutual patch is 2/3 negative space. Why?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, M59 said:

Quick version...
1) I dislike "custom" NOB fonts. They're generally harder to read than good old MLB block.
2) I dislike most custom number fonts. They're generally not all that...and they don't slow down the bootleggers one single bit.
3) I dislike single color scripts and numbers. I find them boring...particularly on road uniforms.
4) See #3 above for one of the reasons I dislike the Yankee$ road uniforms. The second one is that, IMO even if you don't have NOB on your home kit, you should have it on any jersey your wear on the road.
As always, YMMV.

I like the Twins Rebrand,  and I love that it goes off the TC logo so well.  It took me a while to get around to liking the custom font. I think I still prefer the block font they had.

However, the home white is not my thing. The classic hats are still there and the red script is a good mix between past eras, but it just feels like there is not enough blue. 

Even their classic pinstripes had navy pins and a navy outline. I understand they went single color to match up with the TC logo, but it just feels like something missing.

I really like the Navy blue jerseys and think those are probably the best of the bunch with their home batting helmets.

• Like 1

Yikes. When I saw the leaked caps I thought they'd maybe look alright, but that jersey is terrible. The gradient pattern below the skyline looks very similar to the Tigers tire tracks and the rendering of the CN Tower doesn't look right. Also, I have no idea where the yellow swoosh comes from. My guess is we get these paired with black pants, which definitely won't help.

I'll admit I was wrong about them leaning into the Canada stuff with this jersey. I can see it being a big hit with tourists, but I can't imagine it being super popular with locals. They didn't even try to incorporate anything specific to the city, just a generic skyline image and some BFBS.

• Like 3

Another butt ugly CC design, but I guess it’s a win cause it doesn’t have a giant TOR or Up North across the chest.

• Like 1
KISSwall09.jpg

I think NOBs need to be made mandatory just to spite the teams that think they're special.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Hurl 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

14 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

That’s partially because they did it wrong. It should’ve used a bigger, higher number. Like this:

spacer.png

Not this: 

spacer.png

I miss when the Giants had no NOB’s at home.

Not a fan of the NNOB look, but other than that, the Dodgers road pictured is much better than the sartorial Sominex they're wearing now.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

Blue Jays City jersey has leaked:

I don’t hate it. I might prefer that they went with their regular font.

WTAF? I expect Cash Grab Connect jerseys to be poorly designed, but seriously? WTAF? A sewn-on sublimated "Toronto"?  An apparently sublimated Jays sleeve logo patch? Soutache braid when we were told that was out? The only thing that doesn't surprise me is that the most thread and effort expanded on this mess went into the two-color, embroidered mark of the beast. 
Let's face it: we all knew that Cash Grab Connect was the beginning of the end, but I really didn't think Nike would push us to sublimation THIS FAST. Jeebus. 

• Like 3

The more Nike touches professional sports, the more I think I just got really good at lucid dreaming a few years ago and just haven't woken up yet. 

Another mostly black and blue CC that not only is a horrible on-field look, but I can't imagine many people wanting to wear it anywhere. 

• Like 2