MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

Story of how the Phillies Chitty Connect jersey leaked:

https://www.mlb.com/news/phillies-players-on-city-connect-jerseys?partnerID=mlbapp-iOS_article-share

TL;DR

They were in a shipping container to the US, and someone yoinked one out of a box at Port Miami, probably not even knowing what they were going to find in the box that they were stealing from or what it even was once they had it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, burgundy said:

These were good uniforms? Collars and all?

spacer.png

I don't know about actual collars, but I think there's room to experiment with cold-weather jerseys that are made like Under Armour's "Cold Gear" half-zips, or Nike's equivalent.

While not a pro athlete, I've played in these and they're perfectly flexible and comfortable, and wick remarkably well for something so warm.  Almost like a merino-wool baselayer.

I'm actually a little surprised that the haven't taken the opportunity to introduce something like this, since it'd give them more to sell.   

GreyBaselayercloseup_2000x.jpg?v=1612996

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If jackets had proper identification on the back, that could be an option, like when pitchers were on base on cold days. They'd still look like baseball players, just warmer.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

22 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I don't know about actual collars, but I think there's room to experiment with cold-weather jerseys that are made like Under Armour's "Cold Gear" half-zips, or Nike's equivalent.

While not a pro athlete, I've played in these and they're perfectly flexible and comfortable, and wick remarkably well for something so warm.  Almost like a merino-wool baselayer.

I'm actually a little surprised that the haven't taken the opportunity to introduce something like this, since it'd give them more to sell.   

GreyBaselayercloseup_2000x.jpg?v=1612996

Why when they can just wear the base layers like they normally do. There is no need to produce an additional jersey that won’t sell as well considering they will only be worn the first month of the year and playoffs, and even then only in northern climates.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

That ain't even shade...that's a full-on eclipse

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Why when they can just wear the base layers like they normally do. There is no need to produce an additional jersey that won’t sell as well considering they will only be worn the first month of the year and playoffs, and even then only in northern climates.

Because I think it'd look cool, that's why.

In other news, tf is going on here?

lpmr4dop0qsc1.jpeg

• LOL 4
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 5

"There have been 20 uniforms released so far, with nine more to be added during the 2024 season -- starting with the Philadelphia Phillies (April 12) and followed by the New York Mets (April 26), Tampa Bay Rays (May 3), Detroit Tigers (May 10), Cleveland Guardians (May 17), St. Louis Cardinals (May 25), Toronto Blue Jays (May 31) and Minnesota Twins (June 14). We'll also get another set this season from the Los Angeles Dodgers (June 21), which will make them the first team with two City Connect looks. After this new batch arrives, the New York Yankees and Oakland Athletics will be the only teams without one.

Here's our breakdown of the uniforms that have dropped to date. We'll continue to update the list as new City Connect unis are unveiled."

Tracking all of MLB's City Connect jerseys and debut dates - ESPN

Is this true?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

"There have been 20 uniforms released so far, with nine more to be added during the 2024 season -- starting with the Philadelphia Phillies (April 12) and followed by the New York Mets (April 26), Tampa Bay Rays (May 3), Detroit Tigers (May 10), Cleveland Guardians (May 17), St. Louis Cardinals (May 25), Toronto Blue Jays (May 31) and Minnesota Twins (June 14). We'll also get another set this season from the Los Angeles Dodgers (June 21), which will make them the first team with two City Connect looks. After this new batch arrives, the New York Yankees and Oakland Athletics will be the only teams without one.

Here's our breakdown of the uniforms that have dropped to date. We'll continue to update the list as new City Connect unis are unveiled."

Tracking all of MLB's City Connect jerseys and debut dates - ESPN

Is this true?

If it was posted by a reputable site like ESPN, I’m sure it’s legit. I’m guessing we’ll get confirmation from MLB soon enough.

Side note, going by that schedule, May is going to be a loaded month!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Mlb Players "this is horrible, we hate this..." 

MLB and its exclusive outfitters, "We know what's best for you, so just have to get over it" 

• Like 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Hank Aaron 50th anniversary logo.

spacer.png

It’s not my favorite, but it’s decent. There’s too much going on and it would look better without the date or city/state. I think they could simplify “715th Home Run” to just 715 because it’s such an iconic moment and everyone knows what you mean by 715. 

Here are past anniversary logos. These were very strong and you can see the stark difference in how simple they were compared to the new one. I like how all include his signature, though it’s interesting the first two use the same signature while the new one is a different style.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It feels appropriate to include his silhouette since this is the first milestone since his passing. I must express my displeasure that the Braves aren’t wearing it on their jerseys this year. They wore the other two patches and the 50th should absolutely be worn on field. The Braves only have an ad patch and no other patches, so there’s no reason not to. Maybe they’ll wear it on April 8, but if I recall, the other patches were worn for all 162 games. Anniversary and similar style patches are part of what makes baseball special. The history should be celebrated.

spacer.png

spacer.png

———

I’ve seen a few folks wondering what’s up with the Braves uniforms. They wore white for their first two home games when they’d typically wear red on Friday and City Connects on Saturdays. It could be a couple things. They could be delayed like other teams. Or it could be they chose to wear white since it’s their first homestand of the season. I think they’ve done that before. They definitely have the City Connects, because their auction page says they’ll be worn on the 8th for the anniversary. Maybe they’re just choosing to debut them for the 8th, which would be fitting. It’s a shame they won’t be the true 1974 throwbacks, but good to know they’re an option and not delayed like some other uniforms.

https://braves.auctions.mlb.com/ronald-acuna-jr-mlb-authenticated-team-issued-or-game/isynmv1/aucd/5037172

Ronald Acuña Jr. MLB Authenticated, Team Issued OR Game Worn City Connect Jersey. This jersey will be worn on Monday, April 8th, 2024 to honor the legacy of Hank Aaron on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of his historic 715th home run.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, adsarebad said:

so annoying when everyone in the comment dumps on Fanatics, 

When It is Nike who is to blame for the new uniforms.....

-

https://uni-watch.com/2024/02/14/nike-and-fanatics-whos-responsible-for-mlbs-new-uniforms/

Fanatics is responsible for the ens#!tification of the entire industry, they are co-conspiritors in this MLB mess.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

A former MLB.com writer is claiming on Twitter that the Mets City Connect uniforms will be black. This wouldn’t really bother me if the team didn’t already have that awful new black alternate in their jersey rotation.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

A former MLB.com writer is claiming on Twitter that the Mets City Connect uniforms will be black. This wouldn’t really bother me if the team didn’t already have that awful new black alternate in their jersey rotation.

They'll be black, with a blue-gradient white-outline city skyline over which the old "New York" script will be spelled out in bright orange with a blue drop-shadow. We might even get blue-black-orange racing stripes on the side with a neon white Mr. Met patch below...crap. I just made something that might actually look decent to me.

31 minutes ago, schlim said:

Are we sure the new Phillies jersey wasn't made by AI?

I would say Artificial Stupidity would be more likely responsible than Artificial Intelligence! 🤪

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

"The first uniform designed by AI" will be a gimmick for an upcoming design, though, bet on it. Probably more a minor-league promotion but someone's gonna use that line.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫