MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

Just now, NYCdog said:

Another possible Mets leak. 

hmmmm. the fact that the cap is a subway token design is intriguing since we know they're going purple in a nod to the 7 train. but the bridge being in the official teaser matching the first cap leak leads me to lean toward the first one being legit. i don't know. this one i wouldn't hate. but i'm skeptical.

• Like 1

sig2024.png

18 minutes ago, Brian E said:

if the mets use the new york city script, it could be decent. i just don't like the tone they're setting with that bridge embroidery on the cap. borders on gas station cap design.

That's what New Era is turning into...I always buy a 5950 to go to a new stadium. Went to Texas last season for the first time, went to around twenty Lids, five Rally House from California to Arlington and ended up finding the only decent one at the stadium after seeing about 40 of my size at the other stores that had wrong sizing, awful stitching or way off-center brim, batterman or front logo... New Era definitely feels like a cheap-ass gas station brand these days.

42 minutes ago, NYCdog said:

I prefer this one over the Bridge Embroidered one from the prior page.

Also with the bridge embroidered one, it’s possible it could be a fashion CC cap. They’ve done that with other CC teams. Although I don’t know with that Detroit one. That could be either way.

50 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I prefer this one over the Bridge Embroidered one from the prior page.

Also with the bridge embroidered one, it’s possible it could be a fashion CC cap. They’ve done that with other CC teams. Although I don’t know with that Detroit one. That could be either way.

The Tigers one also has an “on-field headwear“ sticker, which tells me that’s the cap that goes with the jersey. Unfortunately.

On 4/10/2024 at 3:43 PM, Kg54mvp said:

You hit the nail on the head. It’s seeping everywhere around us and not just in sports. 

Quick bucks and cash grabs are becoming even more prominent, with more buzzwords being thrown in.

It’s not just nostalgia either!

I will never understand why betting on sports was made legal in the US.

It can and will, only hurt regular people.

• Love 3
  • Facepalm 2

4 hours ago, NYCdog said:

I like the jersey. If it were paired with white pants it'd be great. But they'll probably do something funky with them instead. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

16 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I like the jersey. If it were paired with white pants it'd be great. But they'll probably do something funky with them instead. 

It'll be fine if the pants match the jersey, especially since it's gray. But I'm sure they'll be black which Nike has loved to do with most of the city connects. After seeing them on field I noticed the Phillies pants are also black. Thought they were navy initially.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

A pinstriped jersey with white pants honestly sounds pretty rough. If a jersey is pinstriped, then the pants worn with it should match. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

Is that the old Majestic template? I don’t see the collar trim that all of this year’s jerseys have.

Not all of this year’s new jerseys have that collar. In fact, pinstriped jerseys specifically don’t have it (except for the Padres, because their pinstriped jerseys have brown & yellow collar trim). In addition, jerseys with sublimation (like the gradient on Philly’s City Connect or the Padres’ camo) don’t seem to have it. 

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, adsarebad said:

I will never understand why betting on sports was made legal in the US.

It can and will, only hurt regular people.

This is a very naive take, as it assumes that if it's not legal, people aren't walking down the street to the local bookie to place bets if they want to.  I can tell you from first hand experience (not placing the bet, but knowing the daughter of a bookie who may or may not have been mob connected) that it was huge business, and somehow, they still get action.

People who want to are just going to do it illegally (and get their legs broken when they can't pay their losses), so might as well legalize it, regulate it, and tax it.  It's not for me, but someone with a problem is either going to lose their house legally, or lose it illegally, which leads to even worse things.

No need to waste limited resources stopping things that can't be stopped, so just make it as "safe" as possible, and instead of spending money policing it, make money by taxing it.  

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Curious as to what the O's must have done today that got them wearing the traditional black vs Milwaukee today.

In this tweet from about noon-ish local time, pitchers Kyle Bradish and Cole Irvin are seen wearing the orange alternate:

Then, the team went with the non-CC black alternate at game time:

Either the Brewers must have plans to wear navy tomorrow or the O's decided to wear black so they could get it out for the first time this season.

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

11 minutes ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Curious as to what the O's must have done today that got them wearing the traditional black vs Milwaukee today.

In this tweet from about noon-ish local time, pitchers Kyle Bradish and Cole Irvin are seen wearing the orange alternate:

Then, the team went with the non-CC black alternate at game time:

Either the Brewers must have plans to wear navy tomorrow or the O's decided to wear black so they could get it out for the first time this season.

Just a guess but considering their orange jerseys are ST/BP designated (black ones aren't), these might be worn when guys are warming-up like when they used to wear colored jerseys back in the days.

spacer.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NYCdog said:

Are those "pinstripes" actually train tracks? This is definitely more legit looking than the other leak.

12 hours ago, jp1409 said:

That's what New Era is turning into...I always buy a 5950 to go to a new stadium. Went to Texas last season for the first time, went to around twenty Lids, five Rally House from California to Arlington and ended up finding the only decent one at the stadium after seeing about 40 of my size at the other stores that had wrong sizing, awful stitching or way off-center brim, batterman or front logo... New Era definitely feels like a cheap-ass gas station brand these days.

That's what New Era has been for as long as I can remember. It's absurd that they are so dominant while always having such a wildly inconsistent product. I have never had a good experience with New Era hats, and avoid them if possible. All of my favorite hats are either Zephyr, 47 Brand, or Top of The World. I really wish one of them could get the on-field contract, but that's never going to happen.

10 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The Tigers one also has an “on-field headwear“ sticker, which tells me that’s the cap that goes with the jersey. Unfortunately.

The Mets hat with the bridge has the same sticker. But it's pretty easy to move a sticker from one hat to another. They conveniently did not get the actual tag in frame for either hat. The designs on the under-brim are a dead giveaway that those are CC fashion caps. On-field hats have a black under-brim, just like the regular hats. The Tigers' on-field hat could be very similar, but that one's not it.

spacer.png

54 minutes ago, burgundy said:

The Mets hat with the bridge has the same sticker. But it's pretty easy to move a sticker from one hat to another. They conveniently did not get the actual tag in frame for either hat. The designs on the under-brim are a dead giveaway that those are CC fashion caps. On-field hats have a black under-brim, just like the regular hats. The Tigers' on-field hat could be very similar, but that one's not it.

EEkzuDq.jpg

The Phillies’ City Connect cap has a pattern underneath the brim, so it’s not unprecedented for an on-field City Connect hat to have it.

If anything, all of the attention given to the inside of the hat adds credence to it being the official on-field hat, in my opinion.

• Like 1