MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

27 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Come on...  Those things are clearly butterscotch.  🤣

I've been watching the uniforms to update the current lineup for each teams.  Here's the jerseys still MIA at the moment...

Boston Red (although it was worn as Spring Training) and Navy

Tampa Bay Gradient

Toronto Powder Blue

Angels City Connect

Texas City Connect

Cubs City Connect

Milwaukee Pinstripe and City Connect

St. Louis Cream and Powder Blue

Atlanta Red and Navy

Washington Pullover

Dodgers Los Angeles Gray

San Francisco Orange and City Connect

Obviously, this early in the season there's plenty of chance some teams just haven't gotten the day to line up (usually home Friday) for them to wear their City Connect uniform and we've gotten direct word that some are delayed, but anyone heard any news on the rest of these?  And inside scoop or official word I've missed on any of these being trashed?

Rays throwbacks are in use and worn on home Fridays, and have been worn twice so far.

5f83cb972e644ffb924bb8cfadee3cae

RAYS

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Rays throwbacks are in use and worn on home Fridays, and have been worn twice so far.

RAYS

Huh.  I went through every game on Getty two days ago.  How the crap did I miss that?!

Well, the first had this as the thumbnail for the game and I didn't realize that wasn't the regular home white.

Ben Rortvedt of the Tampa Bay Rays looks to catch a foul off the bat of Daulton Varsho of the Toronto Blue Jays in the second inning at Tropicana...

And the other I just must have accidentally not clicked thinking I did.  The thumbnail for that is a Giants player.

spacer.png

spacer.png

19 hours ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

Wearing an alternate draws attention. That's why they're (also) used to celebrate special occasions. And they sell. 

The A's gray is utilitarian. No piping, nothing fancy, just a gray jersey to denote the road team and Oakland because it has to say something. Nobody's running out to buy it (except me, and even then from China because screw Fisher). 

I would argue that some alternates don’t draw much attention, especially ones that are used frequently and are generic colors,  but since there is so little green in this league, the A’s kelly green certainly does I guess. Fair point.

• Like 1

Whoa!  It looks like the Texas Flag only goes one way.  The Rangers have their ad patch and flag patch on the same sleeves for every player no matter the handedness.

Houston Astros v Texas Rangers

(Also, I forgot to list the Pittsburgh City Connect and Seattle Cream we've already been told is delayed to the earlier list.)

• Like 3

spacer.png

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Whoa!  It looks like the Texas Flag only goes one way.  The Rangers have their ad patch and flag patch on the same sleeves for every player no matter the handedness.

(Also, I forgot to list the Pittsburgh City Connect and Seattle Cream we've already been told is delayed to the earlier list.)

I wish the ad patches weren't there, but since they are this is the best option.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

No one is going to point out the Diamondbacks have a sick new helmet logo for the City Connect?

GLV6mi9a4AABsAu?format=jpg&name=large

Chris pointed it out on Twitter. I assume it was on the Mothership as well.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

15 hours ago, TBGKon said:

RAYS

11 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Hold up here—I know I've been out the fray for a minute, but just what is going on with these baseball pants here? (Especially the Blue Jay player up there) What is this, the NFL meets the diamond or something??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

No one is going to point out the Diamondbacks have a sick new helmet logo for the City Connect?

Paul mentioned it on UW, and it is interesting that 4 years after this debuted, it shows up. Because their cap is not anywhere NEAR what the helmet is:

spacer.png

So it makes me wonder if they'll have that "s" logo as an alternate cap for the CC down the line, or if they couldn't get a batting helmet to match the cap specifically? Has there been any team (regardless of league) that has introduced a new element to a uniform years after its debuted?

• Like 2

Nothing quite like being kitted out in a uniform that says "ah, the urine sample is here"!

• LOL 1
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I wish the ad patches weren't there, but since they are this is the best option.

1000% agree with this post!👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

Paul mentioned it on UW, and it is interesting that 4 years after this debuted, it shows up. Because their cap is not anywhere NEAR what the helmet is:

spacer.png

So it makes me wonder if they'll have that "s" logo as an alternate cap for the CC down the line, or if they couldn't get a batting helmet to match the cap specifically? Has there been any team (regardless of league) that has introduced a new element to a uniform years after its debuted?

Without getting into the weeds of normal uniforms (there would be countless examples), I can think of a couple recent changes to City Connect uniforms.

The Dodgers reverting from all blue with a script cap to a more traditional cap (albeit with a black bill) and white pants.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Rockies introducing white pants.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11

Assuming this is true, 4/29 is probably the date of the Rays' City Connect unveiling. 

I'm honestly probably most excited for Tampa Bay's design. I mean, how could it possibly be worse than their current bland uniforms?

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Without getting into the weeds of normal uniforms (there would be countless examples), I can think of a couple recent changes to City Connect uniforms.

The Dodgers reverting from all blue with a script cap to a more traditional cap (albeit with a black bill) and white pants.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Rockies introducing white pants.

spacer.png

spacer.png

- I wish the Dodgers and Rockies had kept their original-colored pants, but these things absolutely need to be worn high-cuffed.

- The Dodgers' original CC cap was abysmal, so their updated cap is an upgrade by default, but it's still too similar to their primary cap. I'm really curious what they have planned for their new design. 
- Switching to sand-colored pants was a huge upgrade for Arizona. It helped make their City Connect set feel less like an alternate and more like its own thing.  
 - I'm surprised the Brewers haven't adopted powder blue pants for their CC set yet. 

• Like 3