MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

18 hours ago, BBTV said:

I don't disagree at all, but to my point, the latter was happening regardless.  I don't get needing a joint when I'm going to work on the subway at 7:00 AM (it's actually worse on the trollies for some reasons that I can only speculate about) but people gonna do what people gonna do no matter what.  I'd rather invest the resources in fighting crimes that have a higher impact than on controlling the uncontrollable.

But you're right, and it sucks.

Mind you in a city 7 am could easily be END of someone's work day as opposed to the beginning and lighting up is probably better than chugging a tall boy or sipping from a flask and stale booze smell bothers me a lot more than weed in public.

My only issue on gambling ads is how it's changed the way people talk about sports. I hear a lot more about odds and covering in casual conversation and less about the outcome of the game or the individual performances in themselves.

For the record, I feel the same way about fantasy spots. 

It's a weird hang up to me.

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

My only issue on gambling ads is how it's changed the way people talk about sports. I hear a lot more about odds and covering in casual conversation and less about the outcome of the game or the individual performances in themselves.

For the record, I feel the same way about fantasy spots. 

Oh I HATE HATE HATE that I start reading an article on a blog, expecting it to be something insightful about the team, then I realize the beginning of the article is just setting up for the rest, which is all about gambling.  I don't care that people do it, but the way it's infiltrated nearly every medium is nauseating.  And there's nothing in the world that interests me less than hearing about someone's fantasy football team.  Two guys in the same league want to talk about it to each other?  Fine.  But jesus, I don't care.  And I hate being at a game and overhearing people talk about gambling and fantasy sports.  I was just at the Sixers game on Friday and the guy behind me - in a Sixers jersey, mind you - was yelling and screaming for some Magic player, because of something around his bet.  "Come on, I need xx points from you to hit!!!" (or something like that.)  If I could, I would throw his phone - with his severed hand still gripping it - onto the court and let some player smash it.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Despite the fact that I've been watching little to no baseball this year, I did catch a bit of the Orioles-Twins game tonight.

The Twins' jerseys definitely seemed more blue than their pants did.

In close-up, during his postgame interview, Cedric Mullins' Orioles jersey looked like waffle weave (?) or circa 2003 OG Cool Base. Very textured looking. Looked like it might have had a velcro closure between the 2nd and 3rd buttons as well.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, M59 said:

Despite the fact that I've been watching little to no baseball this year, I did catch a bit of the Orioles-Twins game tonight.

The Twins' jerseys definitely seemed more blue than their pants did.

In close-up, during his postgame interview, Cedric Mullins' Orioles jersey looked like waffle weave (?) or circa 2003 OG Cool Base. Very textured looking. Looked like it might have had a velcro closure between the 2nd and 3rd buttons as well.

On-field jerseys have had velcro closures for many years.

39 minutes ago, McCall said:

On-field jerseys have had velcro closures for many years.

SOME TEAMS on-field jerseys have had velcro closures for many years. I'm an Orioles fan, and they stopped having the Velcro closures (as a standard issue, on every jersey item) when they stopped using Russell Athletic at the end of the 1990s.

Not sure if this was an issue across MLB, but the Braves and Astros both had 42 positioned much lower than I recall in years prior. The number was in the spot assuming a name will be applied. They need to take the Yankees approach and apply the number higher when there isn’t a name.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Braves have still not worn the new navy blue jerseys. I’m assuming the regular season versions haven’t come in, seeing as they were worn in ST.

Also, how is no one talking about their mismatching home and road belt loops? I haven’t seen anyone reporting on it. I did a deep dive on it a couple weeks ago but the home pants do not match the home pants worn in ST (which were on Nike’s new template) and the homes are also different than the aways.@SportsLogos.Net News any help?

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 2024-04-15 at 1:39 PM, BBTV said:

Oh I HATE HATE HATE that I start reading an article on a blog, expecting it to be something insightful about the team, then I realize the beginning of the article is just setting up for the rest, which is all about gambling.  I don't care that people do it, but the way it's infiltrated nearly every medium is nauseating. 

It's not just that, it's all over the broadcasts too. Pregame and halftime shows are more useless than ever, and the studio bros seem to RELISH talking about gambling stuff even as they also awkwardly tiptoe around whatever rules are governing it. Weird uncanny effect that's no fun at all.

• Like 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

7 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

The Braves have still not worn the new navy blue jerseys. I’m assuming the regular season versions haven’t come in, seeing as they were worn in ST.

So I was thinking this too but going back looking at the first road trip of the year, it looks like it’s in players lockers.

i think the players might just hate the jersey.

So the Braves have still not worn blue jerseys -- 10 out of 10 road games so far in the greys. I am holding out hope that the fan backlash on the piping change was loud enough that they are going to just to go without them this season, but I am sure it's more to do with the Fanatics delays

Diamondbacks' City Connects are certifiably banana yellow.

• Dislike 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

13 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

So the Braves have still not worn blue jerseys -- 10 out of 10 road games so far in the greys. I am holding out hope that the fan backlash on the piping change was loud enough that they are going to just to go without them this season, but I am sure it's more to do with the Fanatics delays

The post above yours shows they have them hanging in their lockers.

1 hour ago, SportsFan12 said:

A’s have worn green once in 18 games. The gray jerseys say Oakland too. I don’t understand. It was voted best in the league and it never sees the field anymore.

Wearing an alternate draws attention. That's why they're (also) used to celebrate special occasions. And they sell. 

The A's gray is utilitarian. No piping, nothing fancy, just a gray jersey to denote the road team and Oakland because it has to say something. Nobody's running out to buy it (except me, and even then from China because screw Fisher). 

I was at the Mets game today and finally got to see the difference between this year and last years on field jerseys. Behind home plate at citi field the Mets sell grossly overpriced game worn jerseys, hats, pants etc.  On last years jerseys the orange outline and blue numbers were layered. Now they are this weird frankenstein mix. They aren't like the screen printed twill numbers on the old replica/ swingman jerseys but are only one piece. The orange outline and blue number are connected with the orange outline being raised a little. The jersey patches are an absolute disgrace. They use what appears to be cheap unlayered and ironed on twill. Something truly has to give to end this disgusting disgrace. From a fans standpoint I also cannot imagine these would hold up long after a few washes.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Diamondbacks' City Connects are certifiably banana yellow.

Come on...  Those things are clearly butterscotch.  🤣

I've been watching the uniforms to update the current lineup for each teams.  Here's the jerseys still MIA at the moment...

Boston Red (although it was worn as Spring Training) and Navy

Tampa Bay Gradient

Toronto Powder Blue

Angels City Connect

Seattle Cream

Texas City Connect

Cubs City Connect

Milwaukee Pinstripe and City Connect

Pittsburgh City Connect

St. Louis Cream and Powder Blue

Atlanta Red and Navy

Washington Pullover

Dodgers Los Angeles Gray

San Francisco Orange and City Connect

Obviously, this early in the season there's plenty of chance some teams just haven't gotten the day to line up (usually home Friday) for them to wear their City Connect uniform and we've gotten direct word that some are delayed, but anyone heard any news on the rest of these?  And inside scoop or official word I've missed on any of these being trashed?

spacer.png

spacer.png