MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

Spiders is a cool name, but there was a 0% chance they went with that. No living person feels a connection to it, because anyone who saw them play is now dead.           The only thing they were known for was being a AAAA team for St. Louis.        Why         would they bring that back?     no way they would use purple either

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, damnyoutuesday said:

A sizeable portion of people here wanted them to do the Cleveland Spiders look

15 minutes ago, heavybass said:

What he said.

I still don't understand what that has to do with purple, or the Mets.

I wanted Cleveland to go with Spiders as well, and even made a concept. The only new color schemes I remember gaining any traction were Brown/Red and Black/Red. And the original Spiders wore black. So the lament that Cleveland didn't go with purple seems out of left field to me.

Anyway, the Mets look meh. Of course the only real prominent use of purple is for the swoosh because Nike gonna Nike.

• Like 2

spacer.png

2 hours ago, damnyoutuesday said:

What does that have to do with purple? Pretty much everyone expected them to keep the current colors regardless of name changes.

• Like 5

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

We haven't seen the 1983 White Sox Sunday throwbacks, though I did see an unconfirmed tweet that they've been flat-out dropped. Also not sure if their City Connects have been worn or not, because that would require watching White Sox baseball, and I've got enough problems right now.

Yeah, someone did earlier state in the thread they seem dead, so I didn't list those.  Last year the White Sox broke out the City Connect for one or two day as opposed to a regular rotation.  Not sure what their deal is with them.

spacer.png

spacer.png

21 hours ago, damnyoutuesday said:

I'm still devastated that they didn't use my concept, at least for a mascot:

dHnSMK4.png

• Love 1
  • LOL 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 4/14/2024 at 3:07 AM, BBTV said:

This is a very naive take, as it assumes that if it's not legal, people aren't walking down the street to the local bookie to place bets if they want to.  I can tell you from first hand experience (not placing the bet, but knowing the daughter of a bookie who may or may not have been mob connected) that it was huge business, and somehow, they still get action.

People who want to are just going to do it illegally (and get their legs broken when they can't pay their losses), so might as well legalize it, regulate it, and tax it.  It's not for me, but someone with a problem is either going to lose their house legally, or lose it illegally, which leads to even worse things.

No need to waste limited resources stopping things that can't be stopped, so just make it as "safe" as possible, and instead of spending money policing it, make money by taxing it.  

Oh really.......

-

"We’re killing the youth of America’: calls grow for crackdown on US gambling"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/dec/01/sports-betting-regulation-gambling-addiction

Treatment clinics are grappling with an influx of patients in their teens and early 20s and helplines are reporting record levels of calls.

• WOAH 1

On 4/19/2024 at 8:03 PM, Brian E said:

For the Mets, the process with Nike started after the 2021 season. Nike issued a brief on what goes into a City Connect uniform, and Goldberg and Benesh filled out a 12-page questionnaire posing queries such as, “What does New York mean?” Nike sent five design concepts based on the answers, and the team gave notes or directions to scrap whatever look altogether; five more designs would follow.

should have incorporated all these elements into the CC uniform

-

• LOL 3

• Like 10
  • Love 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, adsarebad said:

Oh really.......

-

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/dec/01/sports-betting-regulation-gambling-addiction

Treatment clinics are grappling with an influx of patients in their teens and early 20s and helplines are reporting record levels of calls.

No one ever Coca-Colaed away their kid's college fund.

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So I recall the argument for the small names and numbers seemed to be to make them as "light as possible".  I wont say these are quite as big as last seasons name and numbers and this I don't believe this  an on field jersey but it just proves that everything said is nonsense to cover their asses. Hopefully everything starts to change soon but my biggest fear is the batterman sticking below the collar piping.

spacer.png

22 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

No one ever Coca-Colaed away their kid's college fund.

oh yeah?...... dentist are expensive af.

but i digress,  gambling ruins families and lives.

F the 4 big leagues and the TV networks for allowing it.

And bookmaker odds right in the  game while you watch 🤡💩

On 4/20/2024 at 3:15 PM, MJWalker45 said:

What does that have to do with purple? Pretty much everyone expected them to keep the current colors regardless of name changes.

Because people hate how many blue & red teams there are, especially in baseball. Any time one of them is getting ready for a redesign people expect them to throw away their established colour scheme just for the sake of having something new.

On 4/21/2024 at 2:22 PM, adsarebad said:

Oh really.......

-

I mean when gambling was illegal people would be less likely to know about helplines or treatment options that are available to them, so it seems like common sense to be seeing record levels of calls. The toothpaste is out of the tube, so the best thing to do is take this influx of tax revenue and invest in robust youth education programs, while continuing to evaluate how you regulate the industry.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1