MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

On 4/22/2024 at 9:48 PM, spartacat_12 said:

I mean when gambling was illegal people would be less likely to know about helplines or treatment options that are available to them, so it seems like common sense to be seeing record levels of calls. The toothpaste is out of the tube, so the best thing to do is take this influx of tax revenue and invest in robust youth education programs, while continuing to evaluate how you regulate the industry.

I mean when gambling was illegal, people would be less likely to know about gambling and how to access it.

Do you also think narcotics should be made legal, so many people would be  more likely to know about helplines or treatment options that are available to them.

• Huh? 2
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, adsarebad said:

I mean when gambling was illegal, people would be less likely to know about gambling and how to access it.

Do you also think narcotics should be made legal, so many people would be  more likely to know about helplines or treatment options that are available to them.

Yeah, lots of people didn't know what gambling was.  LOL.  Ever hear of numbers running?  Maybe not in podunk towns (but even then), everybody that wanted to had a guy.  And if you think anyone  outside of the back woodisiest of back woods places didn't either know what gambling was or how to do it, that's just... something.

The narcotics point is much more complicated and I'm not sure we can have that discussion with mods shutting this part of the discussion down. 

Again, we're way off topic now so I'm preemptively moving on before we're rightly told to by the mods.  Feel free to have the last word.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, adsarebad said:

Hey, I personally just wanted to give you a heads up that the entire internet system is going to be down for it's annual yearlong maintenance starting at 7am CDT. We'll notify you when it's back up and running so we can all resume reading your insightful thoughts. Can't wait. Thanks!

• LOL 3

23 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I need to know how this is even possible, like how was there even a 2023 jersey available in the clubhouse for this to happen? And was this a mistake by him or did he know what he was doing?

IIRC, players used to be able to take home one jersey per season. (This was back when players generally were issued two homes, two roads and one each of any alternate jersey.) My guess is that a player of Harper's stature would be able to order as many extra jerseys (and apparently pants, too) as he wanted. My guess is also that he would have paid for them. For all we know, the man has a closet full of previous uniforms.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anubis2051 said:

Armed forces day caps are out and...yikes

spacer.png

I think it's one of the better looking ones, would rather the team logo's be in just a flat military green.

And no matter what these should just be fashion caps and not worn in a game (and ESPECIALLY the mothers/fathers day hats as well)

9 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

I think it's one of the better looking ones, would rather the team logo's be in just a flat military green.

And no matter what these should just be fashion caps and not worn in a game (and ESPECIALLY the mothers/fathers day hats as well)

Regular team colors with camo would be okay, but every branch wears their own pattern now, so you'd be favoring one over the others. Maybe the US flag on the side like the old 9/11 hats would be best? Or just an "Armed Forces Day" patch?

Ironically, the only time I've really liked the way camo look inside a logo is a hat Turtle wears in an old Entourage episode:

spacer.png

Been trying to find that hat for years, it doesn't exist as far as I can tell. 

• Like 1

Anubis.png

The Twins still don't have an ad patch, last I checked. But they moved their sleeve patches to the right sleeve. I assumed it was to make room for an ad patch (even though I think most teams put them on the out-facing arm, anyway).

I've been told that the default for team patches is now the right arm. Is that because more right-handers means the ad default would be the left? Fanatics is not able to put these patches on the left because Fanatics? Some other reason?

Seeing a patch on the right and not the left tweaks my OCD...it's always been the left.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'll have to find a picture but I have a nice version of the military caps from 10 years ago or so. The bill was camo, the main part of the hat stayed the same team color, and the logo was a gold/olive color. It's pretty tasteful and not too goudy. 

1 hour ago, Captain Invader said:

Agreed.

Though, I might add that the Guardians two years ago came out with the Gball logo on the right sleeve.

Yep. And I was irrationally upset about it.

They designed a logo that theoretically included a backwards "G" on the other side of the ball and, due to the design, had to put the patch on the right side.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

53 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

They do look like morale caps that some units wear, so at least there's that. 

I know it's branch specific, but I wouldn't hate seeing a Scrambled Eggs Design one year:

spacer.png

Patrol Cap design maybe? 

spacer.png

Or the simplest, a tactical hat, with Velcro patch:

spacer.png

Anubis.png

Just now, Anubis2051 said:

I know it's branch specific, but I wouldn't hate seeing a Scrambled Eggs Design one year:

Or the simplest, a tactical hat, with Velcro patch:

spacer.png

I'm surprised we haven't seen the velcro cap yet. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm surprised we haven't seen the velcro cap yet. 

Me too honestly, it would probably sell well too. With a patch like this:

spacer.png

I wonder if the issue is NE can't really claim that hat style? 

• Like 1

Anubis.png