MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

9 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

The Rockies purple jersey looks more like an electric blue or something.  It’s really an odd hue this year.  

Compare the jersey with the purple in the scorebug.  

The hats and jerseys are clearly different shades.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The jerseys look more like the old shade, and the hats are what the current purple is supposed to be.

• Like 4

spacer.png

11 hours ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

I'll say it. I love the Twins' new M  logo. It's all I wear now. Maybe it's because I'm an outstater that loves faux-backs, but it's fantastic. Completely grown on me. Love that we have it in the rotation.

These current Twins unis are the best they've ever had 

Yes! I do the same. I actually have two of them: One I wear while doing yard work because my dog tried to destroy it, and the pristine replacement I bought as a result of my dog.

I was born and raised in central Minnesota, so maybe that's part of it. But I also think fans of a certain age, like me, who still cling to the  championship years, like the idea of having an "M" hat back in the rotation. Having both an "M" and the "TC" is the best of both worlds made even better by being part of a cohesive design collection. It's almost enough to overcome the team's embarrassingly weak hitting. 

• Like 2

On 4/5/2024 at 2:21 PM, coco1997 said:

This text is reminiscent of those found in the historical documents throughout the city.”

No, I read that, but I can't find an actual visual example of that. Is there a document or something with type that resembles this new Phillies word mark?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Just bring back the Mercury Mets vests, cowards

They are actually doing a giveaway of a Piazza Mercury Mets replica jersey in July. Shame they won't wear them again for one game!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Brewers are back on the road and back in navy tonight. Have the road grays been seen yet?

No. They appear to only have home cream and away navy uniforms at the moment.

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Apparently this art has been on the MTA for years, but it would be funny if this more or less wound up being the Mets' design. 

Let's circle back to this with the "can I copy your homework" meme when they get unveiled. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 12:39 PM, Krona said:

I'm old and probably thinking of 2K14 😕

All-Star Baseball 2000

On 4/1/2024 at 10:28 AM, floydnimrod said:

I'm not sure what I think of the New Yankees gray uniforms. As someone who values parallel looks between homes and roads when possible I guess it's good that both and home and away uniforms have no cuff stirpes. 

More of an overall question: not considering the new template, are there any teams whose road grays are better, or at least on par with the home whites? I can't think of a single team where the road gray isn't just a worse uniform design than the home uniform

I much prefer the Bronx Zoo away grays, but I do have to admit that the change has been... okay.  I just kinda don't notice.

On 4/3/2024 at 4:00 PM, burgundy said:

I expect it to be an all-navy uniform mixed with elements of away uniforms from three World Series winning seasons.

Gray hats from 1935

spacer.png

Sleeve numbers from 1968

spacer.png

Arched script style from 1984, but probably "Motor City" instead of Detroit

spacer.png

I wonder what the chances are that we'll see a "Motor City Kitties" somewhere?

On 4/6/2024 at 12:26 AM, tBBP said:

Yeah, um...the readability of this thing is off. "City of Brotherly"?? I know that's supposed to connect (ha--"connect") to the LOVE, but the execution of this concept is...nah, man. 

They'd have been better off surrounding it with either 26 or 40 stars...of course then it'd look even more like the Union, but whatevs. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Man, that LOVE logo is the only local reference that wouldn't be put together by people on the West Coast who've never visited the city (bell, skyline, nickname), huh?  I know we have a lot of natives of the area around here.  Are we missing something?

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Apparently this art has been on the MTA for years, but it would be funny if this more or less wound up being the Mets' design. 

The weirdest part of this is that this is a ballgame between the 7 train and the Staten Island Railroad in Corona, but that's clearly the Bronx Courthouse on the right that stood in the outfield of the old Yankee Stadium.  Perhaps an easter egg by an artist who's a rival fan.

I honestly expected for the Yankees' CC to be the home pinstripe uniform with NEW YORK across the chest in dripping graffiti and a white cap insignia in the same style.  (I know I've seen a spray painted interlocking NY somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember where)  I was wondering, though, as the Mets were coming first whether they'd go with that idea.  Looks like I was wrong.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Two weeks in, and we have our NBA "oops my uniform fell apart" moment.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Brewers' road grays have arrived.

The Twins' alts do not seem as urine-y as the Phillies', at least not in these photos.

• Like 3
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 hours ago, MDGP said:

This just in: A joint spokesman for Nike and Fanatics has released a statement following today's pants incident. 

"Our new Nike FixBreak patented pant fabric is so thin and light, it's practically like a sheet of paper. In fact, it may actually be paper. Obviously, we're still working out the kinks, but that's to be expected from any product that's supposedly been rigorously tested for years prior to introduction. But, players now can run on average 0.00002% faster than before, and we save about 1.356 cents per material shipment to the Fanatics factory thanks to our revolutionary and oh-so-economical pant technology!

"...and if they do come off, you get a prime look at those big, meaty ballplayer legs, churning from base to base, pumping and shaking and dripping with sweat...I'm sorry, what were we talking about?"

23 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

The Rockies purple jersey looks more like an electric blue or something.  It’s really an odd hue this year.  

Compare the jersey with the purple in the scorebug.  

I noticed this too, especially in the sun. Not good considering their purple is a unique MLB color and blue is anything but that.

Purple is a hard color to get consistent and the Rockies have always seemed to struggle more than most. I know many of us here have advocated for a more desaturated "purple mountains majesty" shade so that it would be a little harder to shift into blue.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫