MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

Fanatics seems to have a bit of a City Disconnect.

• Facepalm 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, The_Admiral said:

Purple is a hard color to get consistent and the Rockies have always seemed to struggle more than most. I know many of us here have advocated for a more desaturated "purple mountains majesty" shade so that it would be a little harder to shift into blue.

I feel they got it right a few years back.  No idea what happened this year besides the Nike/Fanatics takeover 

Everything around us is getting crappier, meaner, dumber, and more expensive, and I think we're seeing that more than ever in baseball this year. Five years ago, the idea of teams just not having uniform stock would have been unthinkable. So too would have been "I dunno the Sacramento Athletics for a while I guess and then Las Vegas I hope maybe." Everything sucks so bad.

• Like 15

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Fanatics seems to have a bit of a City Disconnect.

If all the trucks containing all the teams Cash Grab Connect uniforms were to crash and burn (and none of the drivers were hurt) the world would be a better place!

On 4/1/2024 at 2:48 PM, SportsFan12 said:

Sunday home games or all Sunday games? I really hope it's not reserved for just one day out of the week.

Marlins blue jerseys are for home day games (except for Opening day) so every Sunday but also any weekday day games.

Home Friday games are the black alternate. Home Saturdays are the City Connect. 

Gray is obviously road with black as the road alternate. They tend to use gray for road night games and black for road day games but they don't always stick to the road jersey schedule for various reasons. 

They're very consistent with their home uniform schedule.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

Everything around us is getting crappier, meaner, dumber, and more expensive, and I think we're seeing that more than ever in baseball this year. Five years ago, the idea of teams just not having uniform stock would have been unthinkable. So too would have been "I dunno the Sacramento Athletics for a while I guess and then Las Vegas I hope maybe." Everything sucks so bad.

You hit the nail on the head. It’s seeping everywhere around us and not just in sports. 

Quick bucks and cash grabs are becoming even more prominent, with more buzzwords being thrown in.

It’s not just nostalgia either!

• Like 3

On 4/1/2024 at 1:41 PM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

So if the Phillies wear the new City Connects on Fridays, that means the only time you will see home pinstripes for a weekend home series is on Sundays. In return you get whatever the garbage they're releasing + the new yellow Saturday alternates...

What yellow Saturday alternates?

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Marlins blue jerseys are for home day games (except for Opening day) so every Sunday but also any weekday day games.

Gray is obviously road with black as the road alternate. They tend to use gray for road night games and black for road day games but they don't always stick to the road jersey schedule for various reasons. 

So basically the home whites won't ever be worn for a weekend series game? And does this mean the blue jerseys won't be worn on the road or at night at all? That would be disappointing. They would really pop under. the lights. They did wear black on the road last Sunday. I hate when teams limit their uniform usage like this.

8 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

So basically the home whites won't ever be worn for a weekend series game? And does this mean the blue jerseys won't be worn on the road or at night at all? That would be disappointing. They would really pop under. the lights. They did wear black on the road last Sunday. I hate when teams limit their uniform usage like this.

You're right obviously unless they deviate from their schedule but the Marlins have been very consistent with their schedule for several seasons now.

5 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Wow.  Everyone else is having trouble and the Marlins seem to have gotten every single one of their uniforms.  They wore everything, like, within the first week.

• Like 3

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Wow.  Everyone else is having trouble and the Marlins seem to have gotten every single one of their uniforms.  They wore everything, like, within the first week.

The team may suck but at least they look good 😆

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

10 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

What yellow Saturday alternates?

the home day-game cream alts look…a little soured this season

Red  pinstripes are for home night games, powder blue throwbacks for home Thursdays, CC’s for home Fridays, cream alts for home day games, and road grays

On 4/7/2024 at 4:44 PM, SCL said:

Fanatics is responsible for the ens#!tification of the entire industry, they are co-conspiritors in this MLB mess.

oh absolutely.... i am not defending them, just saying that Nike designed and made these jerseys, and the  tiny letters and numbers, moving the Batterman logo etc....

They don't have the time to make alternates for teams, and customers have to wait over 2 months  for the gold program Texas jersey...........

But they have time to make and stock these Nike elite jerseys these players never wore!!

https://www.mlbshop.com/boston-red-sox/mens-boston-red-sox-david-ortiz-nike-gray-road-elite-player-jersey/t-36999631+p-806611139727832+z-9-1186862406?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r5c0:po-15&sku=200969955-

https://www.mlbshop.com/new-york-yankees/mens-new-york-yankees-derek-jeter-nike-gray-road-2020-hall-of-fame-induction-patch-elite-player-jersey/t-14997643+p-795567882728767+z-9-234434491?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0&sku=203655100

So :censored:ing stupid, what moron buys this!?

11 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

They don't have the time to make alternates for teams, and customers have to wait over 2 months  for the gold program Texas jersey...........

But they have time to make and stock these Nike elite jerseys these players never wore!!

https://www.mlbshop.com/boston-red-sox/mens-boston-red-sox-david-ortiz-nike-gray-road-elite-player-jersey/t-36999631+p-806611139727832+z-9-1186862406?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r5c0:po-15&sku=200969955-

https://www.mlbshop.com/new-york-yankees/mens-new-york-yankees-derek-jeter-nike-gray-road-2020-hall-of-fame-induction-patch-elite-player-jersey/t-14997643+p-795567882728767+z-9-234434491?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0&sku=203655100

So :censored:ing stupid, what moron buys this!?

David Ortiz has worn that jersey before, and I’m sure adding on to a product line that’s already in production is 10x easier that starting a new product line.

12 hours ago, dont care said:

David Ortiz has worn that jersey before, and I’m sure adding on to a product line that’s already in production is 10x easier that starting a new product line.

No, he has in fact never worn a Nike jersey. 

And these retired player jerseys should be made by Michell and Ness and no one else.

But hey look, now you can also get that Ortiz jersey with the ad patch on...... remember that time David wore the Red Sox jersey with ad patch on it?

good times.... good times

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/boston-red-sox/david-ortiz-boston-red-sox-nike-road-elite-player-jersey-gray/o-1221+t-70667442+p-7966567744724+z-9-700191826?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0

only $415 😍

On 4/9/2024 at 11:15 PM, The_Admiral said:

There's a good column today detailing this pivot by companies from planned obsolescence to active consumer hostility. More and more companies are now waving it in our faces with "yeah, our product is worse now, what are YOU gonna do about it" and having it happen in something as familiar and comforting as baseball (and not just on the uniform front, either) strikes a nerve in a way the tech overlords' bullcrap or constantly shrinking ice cream cartons doesn't, and it also makes consumers more aware of the increasing frequency at which we are being rawdogged.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2024/04/roku-tv-ads-patent/678041/?gift=bQgJMMVzeo8RHHcE1_KM0Y7O5mArBWf5kSkOx4yHpVw&utm_source=copy-link&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 4/10/2024 at 12:15 AM, The_Admiral said:

So too would have been "I dunno the Sacramento Athletics for a while I guess and then Las Vegas I hope maybe."

Five years ago, we had the Chargers playing at a 27,000-seat soccer stadium in Carson, waiting for Kroenke to build his new stadium so they could mooch off it for $1 rent. Basically, blame Dean Spanos. The A's are just following his example.

• Like 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12