MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

9 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

There's a good column today detailing this pivot by companies from planned obsolescence to active consumer hostility. More and more companies are now waving it in our faces with "yeah, our product is worse now, what are YOU gonna do about it" and having it happen in something as familiar and comforting as baseball (and not just on the uniform front, either) strikes a nerve in a way the tech overlords' bullcrap or constantly shrinking ice cream cartons doesn't, and it also makes consumers more aware of the increasing frequency at which we are being rawdogged.

Think of how many of this message board's boutique issues in this vein have rapidly gone mainstream. "Why do these official uniforms look like cheap Chinese counterfeits that fall apart?" "Why does this sports team need a new building already?" "How do they charge me THIS MUCH for parking and still claim that they lose money?" Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, adsarebad said:

No, he has in fact never worn a Nike jersey. 

And these retired player jerseys should be made by Michell and Ness and no one else.

I feel you, except...Fanatics also owns Mitchell & Ness now (and I believe '47 Brand, too). M&N's stuff ain't what it used to be when it was still its own little independent shop. Doggone shame, too.

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

14 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I feel you, except...Fanatics also owns Mitchell & Ness now (and I believe '47 Brand, too). M&N's stuff ain't what it used to be when it was still its own little independent shop. Doggone shame, too.

There’s gotta be some kind of Anti-trust law Fanatics is violating.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

42 minutes ago, tBBP said:

It appears '47 is still private

• Like 4

Anubis.png

13 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

It appears '47 is still private

Please no one touch 47 brand. One of my favorite brands in the world. Their stuff has gotten a bit overpriced, but what hasn't. I love their hats and their shirts are probably the softest on the planet.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

Really shocked they seemingly have gotten the Phillies powder blue throwbacks mostly right (except for the small NOB but that has been inaccurate anyways since it isn't vertically arched)

It's missing the retro Phillies patch on the sleeve, though.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

Please no one touch 47 brand. One of my favorite brands in the world. Their stuff has gotten a bit overpriced, but what hasn't. I love their hats and their shirts are probably the softest on the planet.

I'll second the part about the shirts...'47 Brand's cotton-blend t-shirts are top-shelf.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

I'll second the part about the shirts...'47 Brand's cotton-blend t-shirts are top-shelf.

4 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

They're incredible and some of my favorites, but Homage is softer I think...

Anubis.png

3 hours ago, namefornamesake said:

It's missing the retro Phillies patch on the sleeve, though.  

3 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

Nevermind then, that stinks.

I don’t think they had the patch last year, either. Check the time stamp.

On 4/9/2024 at 8:36 PM, The_Admiral said:

Purple is a hard color to get consistent and the Rockies have always seemed to struggle more than most. I know many of us here have advocated for a more desaturated "purple mountains majesty" shade so that it would be a little harder to shift into blue.

That's part of the reason the D'backs ditched purple

22 hours ago, tBBP said:

Does fanatics own New Era?  

22 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

There's a good column today detailing this pivot by companies from planned obsolescence to active consumer hostility. More and more companies are now waving it in our faces with "yeah, our product is worse now, what are YOU gonna do about it" and having it happen in something as familiar and comforting as baseball (and not just on the uniform front, either) strikes a nerve in a way the tech overlords' bullcrap or constantly shrinking ice cream cartons doesn't, and it also makes consumers more aware of the increasing frequency at which we are being rawdogged.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2024/04/roku-tv-ads-patent/678041/?gift=bQgJMMVzeo8RHHcE1_KM0Y7O5mArBWf5kSkOx4yHpVw&utm_source=copy-link&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share

This is arguably happening with Marvel/Star Wars/other entertainment stuff too

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FrutigerAero said:

Does fanatics own New Era?  

No[t yet].

But they do own Lids, for what that's worth...

• Like 1

It's not awful except for the squatchee/squatcho.  Some of these hats are alright.  I broke down and got a 39thirty Phillies City Connect hat, though I'm going to take a seam-ripper to the "Philly" that's on the back (in a font that neither I nor any of my friends have seen around Philly, despite the idiotic Nike Speak about it.). I also take exception to the formal / official use of "Philly" in any and all circumstances.  Phila is perfectly acceptable, as it's used all the time for things like mailing addresses and it's an abbreviation.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

And a possible Tigers leak, too:

if the mets use the new york city script, it could be decent. i just don't like the tone they're setting with that bridge embroidery on the cap. borders on gas station cap design.

sig2024.png