MLB jerseys

rnewvy9

We have a team in the AFL that dropped their location from their name. They're now just known as the Kangaroos - no city, no state. I think they are trying to become the default team for overseas supporters, and since they play several games at alternative venues, it made no sense for them to be tied to North Melbourne.

Cheers,

Greg

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I can really say ('cause it's all I really know) is that the Angels are now just referred to as the "Angels". No Anaheim, no California, no Los Angeles, etc.

And, the cap logo is now the primary...the former one with the Navy Blue diamond/ballpark shape is no longer being used.

However, the 2005 guide still has the Montreal Expos...

Ichiro, Ronaldo, the Angels. Is this baseball or Brazilian soccer?

Pantone, I'm not sure if it rocks to be you or sucks to be you.

I mean on one hand you get to know all of these things months and months in advance. On the other hand it must be a complete nightmare not to be able to show or share absolutely anything when a million people ask a million questions.

Hey, Pantone, if you can say anything, is there any word of any Philadelphia teams making any changes?

The only ones I really like are the Eagles and the Sixers. The only thing wrong with the Sixers is the overplay of black (OMG T3H RACIZM!!1!!11!1). They need to make it more of a red/white/blue/gold scheme and just use black as a accent.

philliescreamersig2copy.png

Orange is still a minor accent color. What they ARE doing though, is getting rid of that secondary logo - the one with "Marlins" superimposed over a baseball with the fish next to it. Don't know why.

No new alts.

that logo hasn't been used in years!!! probably never. but thanks.

1997 | 2003

Ok so far Pantone's given up that there's no new alts for either the Cardinals or Marlins. So I figure that all we have to do is post 28 more times, one for each other team saying "I'm a fan of (fill in the blank) please tell me there's no alts for them" and the ones he declines to comment on are the ones that will be sporting something new next year! Ding Ding Ding. Just playing pantone.

I actually am only curious about caps without saying who's who, would you be able to say how many new caps we'll be seeing next year in total, and actually how many are being retired. On one hand it's cool to see 20 new alternate caps but on the other hand that means I'll be forced to but 20 new alternate caps. Thanks

Orange is still a minor accent color. What they ARE doing though, is getting rid of that secondary logo - the one with "Marlins" superimposed over a baseball with the fish next to it. Don't know why.

No new alts.

Arent' the current Marlins "alt" jerseys the home white and road gray?

Pantone,

On my last business trip to Houston, I heard rumors of the Astros ditching there current threads for something more "them".....i.e. the return of the "Rainbows." Not specifically the hideous "rainbow guts" but rather a modified and toned-down version of the rainbow shoulders. I've also heard the team might also incorporate the old 60's "shooting star" script, something I never really liked. The old "H-Star" cap logo would also make a modified comeback. However, one main difference is that the Astros would ditch Navy for the "Midnight Blue" the team sported from 1994 to 2000.

From what I was told, apparently the reason for this upcoming rumored change was that fans in Houston have complained like Isles fans did over the "fisherman" switch. Some fans hate the new pinstripe look with a passion. I can vouch for this personally myself as I have always kept hearing from Astros fans say the pinstripe look is "just not the Astros!"

All this was passed along to me by an Astros rep during the All-Star festivities. I'm not sure if it was all hype (considering it was ASG time) or if this rumor actually held water.....that's why I'm coming to you.

Pantone, have you heard anything regarding this.

NYCdog.png

The only change to the Astros in 2005 is a new BP cap. I haven't heard anything regarding a retro-change, although nothing would surprise me.

That Navy Blue/Midnight Blue comparison is kinda weird...we're talkin' about a change from 282 C to 289 C. Those colors are almost identical. Most people can't tell the difference between them. Oh - maybe 289 has a little bit more green than 282, but who knows.

On a personal note...the Astros are a team that I am proud to say that I pretty much have a complete Pantone history for. Between my research and the extensive help from a certain MLB uniform historian (who produced all of the Cooperstown Collection graphics), the two of us have them pretty much nailed.

Ah -- the little things in life...

:blink:

I'm hearing...and I CAN'T say from who...that the Orioles are undecided about what's gonna be on their sleeves and caps next season. A return of the old cartoon bird is rumored, as well as a departure of the bird from the cap, to be replaced by an "O." Who do they think they are, the Angels?

donovan, maybe there is a way to talk the astros into using something like I made?

you know the one :hockeysmiley:

Hmmm...I did show your concept to that aforementioned MLB designer...maybe I'll ask him about it again.

That, is still probably my favorite concept I've seen on this or any other board.

tpoh59's on the right track, but not quite.

Astrobull21...not a new color, not exactly a new logo...

Absolutely NOTHING new with the Cubs. Or, the White Sox.

And, the Marlins' two alts remain the same: Black with Silver lettering trimmed in Black and Teal, and the White pinstriped one with the "F" logo on the left (player's left) side.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the Marlins have been using a custom Metallic Black (?!) textile for the lettering and numbers for the last few seasons.

Archived