2024 NFL Changes

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

It's been changing at least over the past four years. It was Under Armour, then New Era, and now No Bull. Under Armour had it for a long while after Nike took over the gameday uniform contracts. 

It'll change again next year as well. At least the performance gear which I don't really know if it matches the interview gear or not.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YelichGraphics said:

It'll change again next year as well. At least the performance gear which I don't really know if it matches the interview gear or not.

I was talking more the supplier than the designs.  But I would expect the overall designs to continually change. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

44 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

I seem to recall Elway refusing to wear the monochrome unis, so Nike had to scramble around and come up with some white pants pronto. Originally there was only the blue pants and the white pants with the blue stripe.

They were unveiled with both pairs of white pants available.

spacer.png

• Like 5

spacer.png

37 minutes ago, burgundy said:

They were unveiled with both pairs of white pants available.

spacer.png

Even with the white pants Elway doesn't look too happy there.  He's got kind of a "maybe I should have signed with the Colts" look about him.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

20 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Wearing all one color is trendy in actual fashion and is largely the norm in all three other major professional sports in the US. I don't think it should be surprising that it came to the NFL.

That's true, and it's likely why I like the "clean" look with white jerseys and pants. But football took the wrong lesson from baseball by imitating the "long pants" look with matching socks and pants. Looking at other sports for fashion tips can also tell you what NOT to do, and football uniforms should still look like football uniforms.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PurpleHayes said:

I seem to recall Elway refusing to wear the monochrome unis, so Nike had to scramble around and come up with some white pants pronto. Originally there was only the blue pants and the white pants with the blue stripe.

The only time he ever wore them was in the preseason vs. New England in 1997. I also remember him saying at the time that he hated the monochrome outright, but I'm not sure if Nike had to scramble based on his dislike, though that's a thing that definitely could have happened given his importance to the team.

spacer.png

I wanna say maybe 20 years ago, the eagles wore mono green and it was like the talk on the sports shows as much as the highlights of the game was. Fast forward to today and we’re begging the saints to wear gold pants.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
KISSwall09.jpg

2 hours ago, Captain Poncho said:

The only time he ever wore them was in the preseason vs. New England in 1997. I also remember him saying at the time that he hated the monochrome outright, but I'm not sure if Nike had to scramble based on his dislike, though that's a thing that definitely could have happened given his importance to the team.

spacer.png

I wish players today would say they hate monochrome. 

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Also check out those socks! NFL teams use to have wordmarks on socks and nobody remembers that!

It was basically entirely an AFC thing...most notably, the Bengals and Dolphins had them for most of the late 80s and early 90s.  The Patriots and Jets both used sock wordmarks for one season (1989), and the last team to use them was the Chargers, the lone team to take them into the 2000s.  Doesn't look like the Eagles' sock wordmarks even made it to the preseason, which would have made them the lone NFC team to use them, as well as the only instance of wordmarks on both the socks and jersey.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

39 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Check out the logo on the belt "buckle".

I never noticed it before, but apparently they had the logo on the belt buckle until 2011. Crazy that small details like that and the sock wordmarks can slip by.

spacer.png

spacer.png

15 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

When the Eagles first changed to their current shade of blue-green they dropped silver from everywhere but the logos.  Then a few years down the line inexplicably added that charcoal gray.  It was a weird decision.  Since there was already silver in the helmet wings and sleeve patch, if they had instead made all the elements that are charcoal the already in use silver, I think the whole look would be much better.  

Im personally very tired of the current Eagles uniforms and would love a return of a bright Kelly green, but since that seem stubbornly married to the drab dark teal , the least they could do is swap out the charcoal for silver (and update that ancient number font). Silver would add some contrast between the dark blue-green and equally dark black.  

The color they refer to as midnight green is so close in value to charcoal… then add in black… it’s all so drab and muddled.  

Hoping the alleged tweak they’ll be getting by the 2025 season has some of those changes. Anything beyond just updating the word mark on the jersey to the new one would be a plus.

Adding silver back in would be nice, especially since it’s back for at least two games now for the Kelly greens. Marry the two looks more.  That plus a new font is a doable change.

Wish they would either drop the black uniforms for a white alt of the Kellys

spacer.png

or if they must keep it, make a new one based on the throwback style instead of the home uniforms.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I feel like the Eagles should do a kelly green helmet with a chrome facemask. Something like the picture below but obviously update the wing.

PhiladelphiaEaglesRiddellSpeedReplicaHel

Man, that’s gorgeous. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Hoping the alleged tweak they’ll be getting by the 2025 season has some of those changes. Anything beyond just updating the word mark on the jersey to the new one would be a plus.

Adding silver back in would be nice, especially since it’s back for at least two games now for the Kelly greens. Marry the two looks more.  That plus a new font is a doable change.

Wish they would either drop the black uniforms for a white alt of the Kellys

spacer.png

or if they must keep it, make a new one based on the throwback style instead of the home uniforms.

I've often thought that simply adding silver (or a lighter grey, as Nike has been essentially unable to produce silver on fabrics to this point) would certainly improve their current look. I don't mind Philadelphia's current uniforms. Even though the "midnight green" is a byproduct of the late 90s to mid 00s NFL dark era, it's a unique color in the NFL and I don't hate it. As a general rule, I like away uniforms that go primary/white/secondary/socks when the primary color is dark and the secondary color is some shade of gold or silver. I think that works for balance. (Digression: I also think that's why gold pants work so well for Washington.)

With that context, the one broad thing about the regular home and away looks I have never really liked was the balance of the away uniform: green/white/white/socks. Silver pants would add a lot of balance to that look, and would still look good, too, with the home uniforms (maintaining that dark-over-light look and avoiding two-tone dark-over-dark looks like Tampa's current iteration of the pewter uniforms).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Hoping the alleged tweak they’ll be getting by the 2025 season

Source?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

51 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Source?

I’ll try to find them, it was from some of the local best writers after they updated the wordmark.

edit: here’s one of the two I remember. Another said probably 2025.

It could very well just be the wordmark change and that’s it. Hoping for more.

• Like 1