2024 NFL Changes

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

A black Flames sweater looks more wrong to me than the helmet finish does. 

That's a Canucks sweater.

spacer.png

THIS is a black Flames sweater.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ruttep said:

That's a Canucks sweater.

spacer.png

THIS is a black Flames sweater.

A black Canucks sweater? I get that black-red-yellow used to be their scheme, but after so many years of the classic, lovely blue and green, the black Canucks sweater looks even more wrong than the Flames one. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

A black Canucks sweater? I get that black-red-yellow used to be their scheme, but after so many years of the classic, lovely blue and green, the black Canucks sweater looks even more wrong than the Flames one. 

I agree, so obviously the logical move would be for them to wear the black sweater in the playoffs as their home jersey (there were rumors of this a couple months ago)

My only real issue with the current uniform for the Chargers is the size and location of the bolt on the shoulder.

Chargers QB Justin Herbert officially ruled out for season - Bolts From The  BlueLooking Back at Drew Brees's Charger Days | LA Chargers

I much prefer the 1990-2000s version where it sits up on the shoulder and goes up and around. If they tweaked the current uniform to make the bolt more like that, I would like them more. Although maybe you can't do that on a modern template.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

18 hours ago, ruttep said:

Technically the only sock option that the Chargers currently have for their primary uniforms is powder blue, so adding powder blue pants would most likely mean a powder blue leggings look. No thanks.

A few years ago, I too wondered what this would look like, so I threw together a quick mock-up.  I felt the same as you though, the powder socks really take away from powder pants:

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Hurl 2

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

17 minutes ago, HailGoldPants said:

A few years ago, I too wondered what this would look like, so I threw together a quick mock-up.  I felt the same as you though, the powder socks really take away from powder pants:

spacer.png

This wouldn't look bad with gold socks, but knowing they wouldn't be able to resist the siren song of powder blue mono I hope they never do it.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

19 hours ago, GFB said:

I prefer the logic of the current bolts (disregarding the navy alternates, which intentionally break these rules):

1) Is the lightning bolt placed on a yellow surface?

If no, the bolt is yellow.  If yes, the bolt is white.

2) Is the bolt placed on a blue surface?

If no, then the bolt's outline is blue. If yes, then the outline is white.

usatsi_19251649_168396005_lowres.jpg

6cfe37_b55a5c5ba9374a17b9c5fb50f02b9b40~

kfmcbttmkzswsrkmyfgs.jpg

People forget how disjointed the Chargers were for so long with different bolts on different surfaces with different rules and they couldn't get any form of logic or consistency:

f0056e49d37643ac92448b63aaf6b765.jpg?d=7

THZA3HRZ4FOEZJR4KMYPGO6SJU.jpg

91834f551aa80ca701e68aec4260f335.jpg

mwcdybnlv4g41.jpg

A1hChKjR49L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

That was the one thing I appreciated about the 90s look: they made a decision and committed to the bit (white bolt, outlined in blue and then gold, always on a blue surface):

untitled__62_.0.jpg

116614775.0.jpg

I loved those 90's Chargers uniforms. 

My grandparents lived in San Diego so I always associated that set with visits for holidays. I don't know if it's the Chargers BEST look but It looks amazing.

To be clear, I really like what they have now. I like how straightforward the design is and how the right combination can really hit against the right opponent. The fact that we get the below every year now is an absolute gift.

1760048385.jpg

I just have a couple thoughts rolling around in my head that I'd be curious to see even though they probably would fail.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I loved those 90's Chargers uniforms. 

My grandparents lived in San Diego so I always associated that set with visits for holidays. I don't know if it's the Chargers BEST look but It looks amazing.

To be clear, I really like what they have now. I like how straightforward the design is and how the right combination can really hit against the right opponent. The fact that we get the below every year now is an absolute gift.

1760048385.jpg

I just have a couple thoughts rolling around in my head that I'd be curious to see even though they probably would fail.

Overall it’s a great set.  I do wish they removed the helmet numbers and I could go without the Royal Blue alt because the Navy alts are so nice.

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, HailGoldPants said:

spacer.png

I mean, all else considered...that wouldn't be terrible. Of course, they'd also just as soon wear all white socks/leggings with those powder pants, so even that wouldn't be as much of an issue.

4 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

1760048385.jpg

That is among if not my top favorite away uniform set in the league...yes, even with the white socks/leggings. In fact, this may the one instance of an all-white sock adding to a look rather than detracting from it.

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So I was going to make my usual "I don't like the Chargers gold pants, in fact I don't like any uniform where all 3 elements are different and the helmet's the lightest of them" post that I always make whenever the Chargers come up, and then I came across this picture.

The reason I was never a fan was because it made the uniform imbalanced and the helmet sticks out like it doesn't belong. The white numbers help somewhat (Wyoming is much worse than the Chargers because they have gold numbers), but yeah. I'm now realizing I think white socks fixes the problem. It makes it white at the top and bottom, and then blue/gold in between. The color blocking works now. Light-dark-medium-light instead of light-dark-medium-dark.

I will never say this again: thank you players for wearing the incorrect socks, because it actually improved the look this time.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 3

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, PrimalCookie said:

So I was going to make my usual "I don't like the Chargers gold pants, in fact I don't like any uniform where all 3 elements are different and the helmet's the lightest of them" post that I always make whenever the Chargers come up, and then I came across this picture.

The reason I was never a fan was because it made the uniform imbalanced and the helmet sticks out like it doesn't belong. The white numbers help somewhat (Wyoming is much worse than the Chargers because they have gold numbers), but yeah. I'm now realizing I think white socks fixes the problem. It makes it white at the top and bottom, and then blue/gold in between. The color blocking works now. Light-dark-medium-light instead of light-dark-medium-dark.

I will never say this again: thank you players for wearing the incorrect socks, because it actually improved the look this time.

Thank you for backing up my point I made a few posts up. 👍🏽

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

7 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I loved those 90's Chargers uniforms. ... The fact that we get (Chiefs vs Chargers) every year now is an absolute gift.

99-NFL-Chiefs-005.jpg

1,231 Kansas City Chiefs Vs San Diego Chargers October Stock Photos,  High-Res Pictures, and Images - Getty Images

Looks good to me!

And since we're talking Denver's shade of blue:

2020 vision: Looking ahead to Denver's Week 11 matchup vs. the Los Angeles  Chargers

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

10 hours ago, HailGoldPants said:

spacer.png

I wish the Chargers wear white at home again. The white uniform looks good with the team's field at the home stadium. Especially the midfield logo.

Kansas City Chiefs defeated the Los Angeles Chargers 23-20 in over time during an NFL game.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I much prefer the 1990-2000s version where it sits up on the shoulder and goes up and around. If they tweaked the current uniform to make the bolt more like that, I would like them more. Although maybe you can't do that on a modern template.

I feel like the initial renders of the Chargers uniform showed the bolt arching around the shoulder kind of like in older uniforms, while the on-field product more shows it as plastered on the sleeve. I still like the current uniform as is, but I remember feeling slightly underwhelmed when it took the field

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm a fan of all of these...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As long as the pants are Yellow, gold, silver, or some other light color, I think it's an enjoyable little quirk, in small doses. Those Charger and Breaker uniforms especially are two of my favorites.

I'm probably in the minority judging from other comments, but I've always LOVED that Wyoming uniform.  White lid, brown jersey, yellow pants and the license plate logo.  It's uniquely Wyoming all over the place.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
crsig.jpgnsig.jpg