2024 NFL Changes

7 minutes ago, MDGP said:

Could've easily been told to use a throwback logo as well and just picked that one on google they saw and boom. Certainly wouldn't be the first time an intern did that.

Yeah I just assumed whoever made it would have official team issued logos, vectors, wordmarks, colour codes etc. 

44 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Addendum to my comment about the Broncos 'Club 1977' that was using an updated 'D' logo that was taken from a fan concept, apparently that's not the case.

https://twitter.com/masedenver/status/1778542035210752116?s=46&t=EsXZXf63qJs621q-gvh_Pw

https://twitter.com/mikeklis9news/status/1778541613729415265?s=46&t=EsXZXf63qJs621q-gvh_Pw

Also that portal no longer displays that logo either. I wonder if this is a case of some web-design intern going rogue.

Modernizing the throwback D Horse primary mark feels like an obvious move though. I thought we would see this as part of the package. It could’ve looked great IMO

With the Texans confirmed to debut a 3 helmet on 4/23 with the rest of their new uniforms (see my prior post), might we see the Broncos unveil a 3rd helmet too? White primary, Throwback secondary, Navy 3rd helmet? 

Might we see the Jets and Lions all unveil 3rd helmets? 

• Like 1
NYCdog.png

54 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Addendum to my comment about the Broncos 'Club 1977' that was using an updated 'D' logo that was taken from a fan concept, apparently that's not the case.

https://twitter.com/masedenver/status/1778542035210752116?s=46&t=EsXZXf63qJs621q-gvh_Pw

https://twitter.com/mikeklis9news/status/1778541613729415265?s=46&t=EsXZXf63qJs621q-gvh_Pw

Also that portal no longer displays that logo either. I wonder if this is a case of some web-design intern going rogue.

I designed this as a concept a few years ago. The Broncos Wire beat writer has been in contact with me since yesterday regarding this. I'm not sure how it happened either...

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

22 minutes ago, NYCdog said:

Modernizing the throwback D Horse primary mark feels like an obvious move though. I thought we would see this as part of the package. It could’ve looked great IMO

With the Texans confirmed to debut a 3 helmet on 4/23 with the rest of their new uniforms (see my prior post), might we see the Broncos unveil a 3rd helmet too? White primary, Throwback secondary, Navy 3rd helmet? 

Might we see the Jets and Lions all unveil 3rd helmets? 

When was the white helmet confirmed as the primary for the Broncos' new set? I don't remember seeing anything confirming that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lumbergh said:

I designed this as a concept a few years ago. The Broncos Wire beat writer has been in contact with me since yesterday regarding this. I'm not sure how it happened either...

Wait, wait, WAIT. Am I reading back through this thread correctly, that this was emailed out officially by the Broncos??? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lumbergh said:

FWIW Its a great modernization, well done.

1 minute ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Wait, wait, WAIT. Am I reading back through this thread correctly, that this was emailed out officially by the Broncos??? 

Apparently the Broncos emailed season ticket holders about a new premium suite at Empower Field called "Club 1977", the splash page featured the graphic in my original comment.

If you follow the link now, it has been updated to only include the  current primary. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lumbergh said:

I just googled Denver Broncos Throwback D logo and it was literally in the first row of results from a version of your logo that someone posted on pinterest. At some point someone working for the broncos gave it a right click and trace, and either it was placed in the broncos database or whoever designed this did it themselves.

• Like 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, rfraser85 said:

When was the white helmet confirmed as the primary for the Broncos' new set? I don't remember seeing anything confirming that.

I don’t think it’s totally confirmed. I haven’t seen anything official. 

As a Lions fan the uniforms are fine, but when they do, get rid of the Lions/WCF off the arms and honestly it would be a drastic improvement 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Agreed. I mean paying tribute is fine for a few seasons, but the guy died 10 years ago. 

Da Bears still have Halas' initials on their jersey and he died 42 years ago. He was a notorious cheapskate too.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

24 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

Da Bears still have Halas' initials on their jersey and he died 42 years ago. He was a notorious cheapskate too.

It’s kinda also like how the Chiefs should get rid of their Lamar Hunt/AFL patch

• Like 4
  • Dislike 4

47 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

And if you live in Detroit you know he wasn’t exactly beloved as an owner.  

34 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

7 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

It’s kinda also like how the Chiefs should get rid of their Lamar Hunt/AFL patch

Of course, Halas and Hunt had something in common, something Ford never even got close to…

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Gary said:

As a Lions fan the uniforms are fine, but when they do, get rid of the Lions/WCF off the arms and honestly it would be a drastic improvement 

As a Cleveland Browns fan I was so happy when the AL was removed from their jerseys.

• Like 1

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Teams should not wear perma-memorials. If the owner passes away, sure, wear a patch for that season. But the team does not need to wear a patch 20-30 years after they have passed and ownership has changed hands. I liked how the Ricketts described their ownership of the Cubs. They described themselves as stewards of the ball club. They recognize they are in control right now, but their ownership is really just a moment in time until their time ends.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

And if you live in Detroit you know he wasn’t exactly beloved as an owner.  

I couldn’t stand him honestly 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Of course, Halas and Hunt had something in common, something Ford never even got close to…

I'd add a couple other points to the championships. Halas and Hunt were instrumental to the NFL and the AFL, respectively. Also, they were both founders of their teams.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

I'd add a couple other points to the championships. Halas and Hunt were instrumental to the NFL and the AFL, respectively. Also, they were both founders of their teams.

Halas is the beneficiary of some revised history as I understand it.  However, they both are worthy of the honor bestowed by their respective teams.

It's where I sit.