2024 NFL Changes

10 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Jets have their second uniform redesign  with Nike during this span. The first in 2019, and now 2024.

Jets and Browns I hope are done with redesigns for a long time. NYJ can add a Namath throwback, but that’s not the same as a redesign. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, burgundy said:

Damn, a player actually criticized a new uniform? I didn't think they were allowed to say anything other than "fire", "clean", or "dope".

Hey! They’re also allowed to say “icy whites ❄️

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

45 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Hey! They’re also allowed to say “icy whites ❄️

Detroit Lions social media accounts on a lame Thursday evening in December while playing in Minnesota-

⚠️ Caution ⚠️  Black Ice on the road… ⚫🧊🥶

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 17

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Longest tenured redesigns under Nike-

• Seahawks 13 seasons (2012- )

• Vikings 12 seasons (2013- )

• Dolphins 12 seasons* (2013- )

• Jaguars 7 seasons (2018- )

• Titans 7 seasons (2018- )

The Titans being on this list is laughable. 

I really hope they and Jacksonville and Seattle are working on something.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 9:47 PM, Cujo said:

Broncos leaked helmet -- Big yikes.

There's no way this is what Broncos the are doing. But the triangles match up with the what we saw on the jersey leak. 🤦‍♂️

GLklvdSWEAAtmgf?format=jpg&name=large

inb4 Nintendo sues

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4

The Jaguars may have started a bad trend with the oversimplified jerseys and pants. I don't remember any team using plain pants for all color options before them, and they are showing the only real option for making all jerseys and pants interchangeable: make all jerseys look like numbers were added to plain shirts and get single color pants.

If teams want pants that look good with primary and alternate jerseys, there is a better way. For example, the Broncos could have white pants with a navy/orange/navy or orange/navy/orange pattern for the primaries and alternate, then have only navy socks if the helmet shell remains unchanged, and then they only need a solid looking jersey template.

21 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

The Jaguars may have started a bad trend with the oversimplified jerseys and pants

Oversimplified? Like the Raiders, Packers, 49ers?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31304-1388709989-10

• Huh? 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6uXNWAo.png

33 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

The Jaguars may have started a bad trend with the oversimplified jerseys and pants. I don't remember any team using plain pants for all color options before them, and they are showing the only real option for making all jerseys and pants interchangeable: make all jerseys look like numbers were added to plain shirts and get single color pants.

Technically the Jaguars' pants are not plain. They have those dumb stripes at the back of the knee.

spacer.png

But they often get lost in the socks.

spacer.png

• Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 1

spacer.png

^ the Jaguars current uniforms are pretty harmless considering some of the horrid looks they’ve had in the past. Not as nice as the throwbacks they are about to debut, but probably one of their better looks. But those back of the knee mini stripes have got to be one of the stupidest design features I’ve seen on a football uniform. They aren’t ugly because of how subtle they are, but I have no idea what purpose they serve.

• Like 8

The Texans having two alts means those unis will be worn 1-2 times each.  Navy is primary home and white is primary road, so that's what, half the schedule?  And they'll probably wear white at home once or twice.  Maybe wear red on the road for one game?  I think the H-town uniform will be for a one game theme night or something. 

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

2020 saw a record 8 redesign teams. They’ll have the opportunity to change after this season. There’s not a whole lot of information to suggest any of them will change their uniforms. So it’s speculative as of now.

Team (% chance of change)

• Falcons (85%)

• Rams (35%)

• Patriots (25%)

• Bengals, Browns, Buccaneers, Chargers, Colts (0-10%)

- Atlanta needs a complete overhaul

-Rams are fine, but I could see them tweaking a couple things such as the number texture and gradient use. Also ditching the bone uniform.

- If the Patriots learn to use the grey/silver pants more, then they wouldn’t need to change, but I could also see them upgrading the throwbacks into primary status.

- The rest are great and don’t need drastic changes. The only change out of any of them I could see is Cincinnati not being idiots and consolidating the two pairs of white pants into one.

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1

25 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

2020 saw a record 8 redesign teams. They’ll have the opportunity to change after this season. There’s not a whole lot of information to suggest any of them will change their uniforms. So it’s speculative as of now.

• Falcons (85%)

• Rams (35%)

• Patriots (25%)

-Rams are fine, but I could see them tweaking a couple things such as the number texture and gradient use. Also ditching the bone uniform.

- If the Patriots learn to use the grey/silver pants more, then they wouldn’t need to change, but I could also see them upgrading the throwbacks into primary status.

- The rest are great and don’t need drastic changes. The only change out of any of them I could see is Cincinnati not being idiots and consolidating the two pairs of white pants into one.

Cincinnati changed in 2021

• Like 1

qqsnye7igxo8ec46p6i8.gif8w1hgru5dzdypj7inln83daen.giffh4wdzfefsmfcaxut0absohlk.giffie6s5apghfbj7vtla8v.gif

On 4/20/2024 at 9:27 AM, Cujo said:

Alt logo to incorporate Colorado's UNIQUE shape? 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

22 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

All of Detroits uniform combinations via GUD

GLne8CtXsAAxWX0?format=jpg&name=large

GLngcpeWgAAeT25?format=jpg&name=large

The Blue/Black/Blue/Black isn't awful. It's gimmicky for the Lions, sure but not as garish as some of the other alternates out there. Hopefully they go this route more often than the full black suit look.

The blue pants in the silver sets do badly need the w/s/w/s/w striping. If they are planning to actually use blue pants with the black alternate, I'm guessing they decided to leave the striping off so it wouldn't clash with the s/b/s/b/s striping on the black jerseys? 🤔

• Like 1

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

58 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

• Falcons (85%)

• Rams (35%)

• Patriots (25%)

Praying for a Falcons update.  

Pats just need to ditch the Navy pants,

but with Bill gone and new rookie franchise QB, you have to wonder if the Krafts & Mayo will want to go in a completely new direction.

I doubt the Rams will change.

Most likely candidates for new uniforms:

Bills

Commanders (new ownership waiver)

Eagles

Seahawks

Titans

Wild Cards:

Dolphins (unlikely)

Giants (unlikely)

Jaguars

Panthers