2024 NFL Changes

5 hours ago, BBTV said:

Paul's  piece.  But that part was interesting for two reasons.

1. the timing.  He said 2015 or 2016, which kindasorta lines up with when they started lobbying for the kelly green helmet to "test" a return to the color by first using it as an alt.   The story says that Lurie got cold feet and thought he should just keep the current uniform, which validates his desire to "test" it first.

2. after he nixed the redesign, he asked for "just give me some cool pants stripes, something that's never been done" (paraphrasing.). The proposals that were shown in the article were rather tame, but Lurie just swiped left.

As for a rumor that he'd "never change", that's simply not true.   He's flat out said that he'd consider it.  But they're very conservative and brand conscious and aren't going to make any decision that's not very well thought out (note - I didn't say well executed, just well thought out.)

*the wordmark fiasco would seem to run contrary to what I just said, since it wasn't timed right to get on the uniform in time, though we don't know the fully story there (like, maybe they were told it was minor enough to not require 2 years, or something like that.)

Paul, yes, thank you.  I mistakenly interchange Paul Lukas and Uni-Watch Deputy Editor and heir apparent Phil Hecken all the time.  Appreciate the correction.

2 minutes ago, McCall said:

How does the Chiefs winning Super Bowls validate your statement about Bills fans clamoring for the return of the Jim Kelly era uniforms?🤨

How does your douchebag reply to my comment prove they aren't?

This board is super enjoyable...except when the few contrarian pricks aren't chiming in to :censored: on other people's opinions. 

If you don't agree with someone's opinion or statement, you can use the react buttons or you can offer an opposing opinion in a respectful way.  You don't have to be an :censored:, though I know it makes you feel better (in a really pathetic, lonely way).

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 2
  • Facepalm 4
  • Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

So many "that's fire" comments in this short clip that I want to light myself on fire.

Not a single fan will agree with these players

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

22 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

So many "that's fire" comments in this short clip that I want to light myself on fire.

Well, if they’re “fire” they can’t also be “icy” or “cold”, right? That’s how it works?

• LOL 3

16 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

This board is super enjoyable...except when the few contrarian pricks aren't chiming in to :censored: on other people's opinions. 

If you don't agree with someone's opinion or statement, you can use the react buttons or you can offer an opposing opinion in a respectful way.  You don't have to be an :censored:, though I know it makes you feel better (in a really pathetic, lonely way).

It's not an opinion when you specifically said that Bills fans were lobbying for them. That's a statement of observation you made, which implies factually information that you are now calling an opinion when called out on it. Maybe instead of falsely calling people "douchebags", you might want to A. Check your ego as you clearly were applying your personal opinion to those of another team's fanbase to make it seem like they agreed with you, and B. Learn what the word "opinion" means.

6 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Lot of assumptions here.

Lots of Bills fans lobbying for a return the Jim Kelly-era uniforms.

Washington hasn’t confirmed any of those details, though I would welcome both.

Phil’s recent Nike pieces mentioned that Laurie considered changing uniforms, shooting a hole in that longstanding rumor that Lurie would never change.

15 minutes ago, bowld said:

Have to think giants and vikings are also real since we already know they both have alternate helmets coming out

The Giants already use an alternate helmet for their throwbacks, but I don't know what the Vikings can use. Maybe white to complete the white-out.

15 minutes ago, bowld said:

Now I need CTESPN to post the Ravens new alternate that will pair with their new alt helmet 

I'm curious, from one Ravens fan to another, what would you suggest for the Ravens to use? The most likely thing I see is they do what the Lions did this year, swapping purple for blue, except keep the white numbers on the black jersey.

56 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I wasn’t sure these uniforms would look good, but I can now rest assured based on these genuine reactions by these players!

• LOL 1

Not a huge fan of the Vikings alternate. The current Vikings white on white uniform is probably their best, so a white alternate is overkill. The Vikings set in my opinion are Nike's best modern redesign (I am a Vikings fan so there is some bias). The white alternate will hurt more than it helps

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

33 minutes ago, McCall said:

It's not an opinion when you specifically said that Bills fans were lobbying for them. That's a statement of observation you made, which implies factually information that you are now calling an opinion when called out on it. Maybe instead of falsely calling people "douchebags", you might want to A. Check your ego as you clearly were applying your personal opinion to those of another team's fanbase to make it seem like they agreed with you, and B. Learn what the word "opinion" means.

You've both had your say now let's go to neutral corners and let it go.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

BB52Big.jpg

17 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

The Giants already use an alternate helmet for their throwbacks, but I don't know what the Vikings can use. Maybe white to complete the white-out.

I'm curious, from one Ravens fan to another, what would you suggest for the Ravens to use? The most likely thing I see is they do what the Lions did this year, swapping purple for blue, except keep the white numbers on the black jersey.

Really not sure. I love the QB practice jerseys with the purple and gold numbers

1 minute ago, bowld said:

Really not sure. I love the QB practice jerseys with the purple and gold numbers

I don't know, purple numbers might be hard to read on black jerseys. The Colorado Rockies have a purple jersey with black numbers and the numbers disappear at 70 feet, which I believe is the closest fans can see on an MLB field. The Rockies use a purple similar to the Ravens, so I would think visibility would be about the same. You would need a thick border to make that work.

Gold numbers might work, though. And that could replace the CR purple, which would be a bonus to me.