2024 NFL Changes

11 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I can't be the only one that thinks these are pretty similar to the Texans' H-Town uniforms....They're even both calling the Navy Pitch Blue.

toronto-blue-jays-city-connect-sleeve-pa960x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=1440

“Pitch blue” is about the stupidest name for a color I’ve ever seen. 

However, it’s slightly less dumb for a baseball team. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

I have a hunch this is a future Mountain Dew flavor.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

It's where I sit.

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

At least it makes a bit more sense than "midnight green"

17 hours ago, Krona said:

At least it makes a bit more sense than "midnight green"

To me, midnight green is just dark pine green or just pine green to be honest. Lurie's wife just did not want to call it pine green. Hell, I used to color the Packers that when I used to draw NFL teams back in 1994 during my 8th grade year.

24 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

To me, midnight green is just dark pine green or just pine green to be honest. Lurie's wife just did not want to call it pine green. Hell, I used to color the Packers that when I used to draw NFL teams back in 1994 during my 8th grade year.

midnight is typically associated with dark-navy blue.  The Eagles green has blue in it, making it a very dark blue green (albeit it looked darker on the original uniforms than on Nike's).  "Midnight Green" is a very logical way to describe this color, even if there's other ways too.  Calling it "pine green" is not accurate, as I haven't seen pines with blue in them.  The Packers or Testaverde-era Jets are closer to "pine" green, even if they're more like a "forest green".

Anything with green in it is going to look very different under different lighting, and is hard to match across different materials, so there may be some angles where Eagles look like a true "green", but I'm not sure there's anyone that wouldn't acknowledge that it's a blue-green, which is more evident in Nike's interpretation (which might not warrant the modifier "midnight", even if the helmet still does.)

ghows-LK-ad34764a-a291-4d72-a18c-2f1f590

796ab74b-a5dd-443c-94c2-a4aa87b9a298-USP

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXc1Chix8fpDac0MEdn7o

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

midnight is typically associated with dark-navy blue.  The Eagles green has blue in it, making it a very dark blue green (albeit it looked darker on the original uniforms than on Nike's).  "Midnight Green" is a very logical way to describe this color, even if there's other ways too.  Calling it "pine green" is not accurate, as I haven't seen pines with blue in them.  The Packers or Testaverde-era Jets are closer to "pine" green, even if they're more like a "forest green".

Anything with green in it is going to look very different under different lighting, and is hard to match across different materials, so there may be some angles where Eagles look like a true "green", but I'm not sure there's anyone that wouldn't acknowledge that it's a blue-green, which is more evident in Nike's interpretation (which might not warrant the modifier "midnight", even if the helmet still does.)

ghows-LK-ad34764a-a291-4d72-a18c-2f1f590

796ab74b-a5dd-443c-94c2-a4aa87b9a298-USP

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXc1Chix8fpDac0MEdn7o

Hold on, you mean?

Pine Green color hex code is #01796F (color-name.com)

and this,

Dark Pine Green color hex code is #193232 (color-name.com)

Oh and here is forest green

Forest Green color hex code is #228B22 (color-name.com)

Dark Forest Green color hex code is #125D0D (color-name.com)

Midnight green would be teal then if it's the bluish-green category. Dark teal category that is.

Deep Teal color hex code is #005F5F (color-name.com)

#004953 color name is Midnight Green (Eagle Green) (color-name.com)

On 5/23/2024 at 8:38 PM, DCarp1231 said:

A good watch-

Great find! Thanks for sharing.

In a vacuum, I kinda dig that skull with the pirate hat. Probably for the best that the team went in the direction it did, though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Battle red and wolf grey both pale in comparison to the stupidity of midnight green. 

Midnight green pales in comparison to the stupidity of pitch blue. 

Why is pitch blue so stupid? It's like pitch black... but blue-tinted. Makes sense to me.

• Like 1

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Why is pitch blue so stupid? It's like pitch black... but blue-tinted. Makes sense to me.

Because 'pitch' is an actual thing that is black.

• Like 5

It's where I sit.

15 hours ago, BBTV said:

. . . I haven't seen pines with blue in them. 

Please allow me to introduce you to Picea pungens, also known as Colorado spruce or blue spruce--native to the Rocky Mountains but also fairly common as an ornamental tree, as evidenced by my neighbor's backyard here in Minnesota.   In sports color terms, it's actually not too far off from the Cowboys' old silvery-green-blue pants:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, trekbkr said:

Please allow me to introduce you to Picea pungens, also known as Colorado spruce or blue spruce--native to the Rocky Mountains but also fairly common as an ornamental tree, as evidenced by my neighbor's backyard here in Minnesota.   In sports color terms, it's actually not too far off from the Cowboys' old silvery-green-blue pants:

spacer.png

spacer.png

See, that is what I thought. I always saw the Eagles with this type of green (albeit darker) which I alluded to with pine green being in between the teal/cyan and green family with only 30% green and 70% teal in it.

• Like 2

There are certainly blue (or blue-tinted) conifers. (Though to be fair, that's a spruce, not a pine, and we're nothing if not pedantic here at CCSLC.) But I take @BBTV's point: in the context of color, "pine" certainly makes me think of dark green before any other color, including the bluer green that Philadelphia currently uses.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

I take @BBTV's point

which means you're on the right side of the debate.

• LOL 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."