2024 NFL Changes

13 hours ago, LakeShow24 said:

Since the 2025 season will allow teams to have 3 helmets. I would think all teams would participate on it, including the conservative  team Raiders (if it's possible).

They still have to give notice like a year or two prior I'm pretty sure. Like the Eagles supposidly can't bring back their back helmet until next year (I wish never,  but that's me) 

4 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

They still have to give notice like a year or two prior I'm pretty sure. Like the Eagles supposidly can't bring back their back helmet until next year (I wish never,  but that's me) 

I'm not so sure about that. If you're using the Browns for a reference, their logo being their helmet may have caused a delay. Not to mention several teams adapted the second helmet in 2022 with little notice.

That said, I hope teams don't just add another helmet because they can. This could easily turn into an excuse to make a blackout or a whiteout uniform, both of which are completely unnecessary.

22 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

Honestly, I think the Eagles’ black helmet is far better than their black jersey or black pants. 

6 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Not likely. It appears to be part of New Era's City Originals line, which takes existing team identity elements and makes new logos out of them, mostly interlocking monograms. See other parts of the collection here.

Many of these were unveiled in the '90s which is why there's such a retro feel to them. Logos were brought back in 2023 to sell merchandise. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Honestly, I think the Eagles’ black helmet is far better than their black jersey or black pants. 

How is the black helmet better, I barely could tell the difference between the black and midnight green during the Packers game in 2022 since their normal helmet is already pretty dark. I agree with you on the black pants sucking but the black alternate jerseys are fine. Packers vs. Eagles | November 27, 20222022 NFL Week 12: Philadelphia Eagles vs. Green Bay Packers - Bleeding  Green Nation

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg

12 minutes ago, FriedPickles said:

How is the black helmet better, I barely could tell the difference between the black and midnight green during the Packers game in 2022 since their normal helmet is already pretty dark. I agree with you on the black pants sucking but the black alternate jerseys are fine. Packers vs. Eagles | November 27, 20222022 NFL Week 12: Philadelphia Eagles vs. Green Bay Packers - Bleeding  Green Nation

Eagles black helmet is the most pointless alternate helmet. Yeah other ones look worse, but an alternate helmet is beyond pointless if people can't even tell you're wearing it because it looks so close to your normal helmet

• Like 11

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

This may be unpopular, but I wonder if the Eagles should consider making the black helmet the primary. It should look okay with their main three jerseys, and maybe it would encourage them to wear the black socks full-time again. If the midnight green socks aren't coming back, and the Eagles insist on staying with their current colors, this could be a better option than having three helmets.

I know most of this forum is tired of all the black accessories, but if black helmets meant no more white socks, I'd consider that to be an improvement.

• Hurl 1
  • Huh? 2
  • Dislike 6

23 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Or the Cardinals.

Or the Eagles.

Or the Panthers.

Or the Jaguars.

Good Lord, the state of NFL uniforms is truly in a crappy place.

The worst thing is that’s not all of them. But should the Panthers count since black is their primary jersey color?

14 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

The worst thing is that’s not all of them. But should the Panthers count since black is their primary jersey color?

They specifically introduced a black alternate helmet so that they could wear black from head to toe. They absolutely count.

51 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Or the Cardinals.

Or the Eagles.

Or the Panthers.

Or the Jaguars.

Good Lord, the state of NFL uniforms is truly in a crappy place.

You left off the Jets

23 minutes ago, schlim said:

You left off the Jets

You’re right.  And the Falcons.  And Pittsburgh’s Color Rush. 

Also, if you want to count teams who wear black jerseys and pants, but with a different color helmet you have the Bengals, the Saints, and this year, the Lions.  

So, that’s nine teams with an all black uniform and another three with a black from the neck down uniform.  

I really think the NFL has plenty of all black uniforms.  Maybe teams could try something else?

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Also, if you want to count teams who wear black jerseys and pants, but with a different color helmet you have the Bengals, the Saints, and this year, the Lions.  

So, that’s nine teams with an all black uniform and another three with a black from the neck down uniform.  

I really think the NFL has plenty of all black uniforms.  Maybe teams could try something else?

Maybe mono white with white socks? That'd be icy!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • WOAH 1

8 hours ago, FriedPickles said:

I just think it looks less like garbage. Of course, a team with such a dark primary color doesn’t need black at all, but…

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The Bengals fairly often wear orange socks with their black jerseys and pants. I actually like that look - with the top and bottom being orange and the middle being black, it feels very balanced. 

• Like 1

I mentioned it before on here but as a Raiders fan I see only two real other alternate uniform options other than the 1970 throwback.

Black pants:

raiders_color_rush.jpg

1960 Throwback:

FENNh6dXMAQykUg.jpg

Anything else wouldn't be so good. I'm open to experimentation though.

• Like 2

bSLCtu2.png