2024 NFL Changes

46 minutes ago, Sport said:

Jets speedrunning their uniform cycle. Just going to flip flop between the Namath throwbacks and the 80's throwbacks for the rest of time. 

As a Jets fan I am happy to see these back and wouldn't mind the flip flopping lol. This has to be the fastest a team has thrown back to a look in the history of the four major sports. I know there are some differences but in totality they are quite similar. Especially since it is the white jersey which is only highlighted by the green shoulders and numbers. Even in the hunter green era these appeared brighter in the sunlight.spacer.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Delicate Genius said:

Yes please. The all-navy look is so bad.

So what is the point of this tweet since the patriots wore silver pants twice last year and once in 2022 unless he is saying that the silver pants will become the default.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, smarisca03 said:

so it's a fauxback like the Giants Century Red 

How so? You can't exactly mimic the shoulder stripes due to the cut of the uniform. What makes this a fauxback as opposed to a throwback in your opinion?

It's where I sit.

4 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

How so? You can't exactly mimic the shoulder stripes due to the cut of the uniform. What makes this a fauxback as opposed to a throwback in your opinion?

Different elements from different eras doesn't make it a true throwback in my opinion.  Still a great uni

• Like 1

For me the Namath Jets look is the definitive look for Gang Green. So it will be something if they end up trial and erroring back to that look. That said, I like the shade of green better with these throwbacks than the shade of green they had before the 2019 change, so I hope these throwbacks are what they roll with when they inevitably return to that jersey style. 

• Like 2

KtHjnlJ.png

An interesting tweak I haven’t seen mentioned: they’re using a fabric insert for the stripes with what looks like the white stripe stitched on top of the green. This is very different than the ribbed inserts they previous used, and probably helps with color consistency.

• Like 4

They also are using 60s numbers and lettering,  which is a gigantic improvement over the serifed font they used in the late 90s/00s. The Cowboys use the same font and it always seemed off to use the series.

If they just could resist adding black to everything, I'd be happy with them flip flopping identities every few years. At least both looks (60s, 80s) look like the Jets. The black is thr worst decision ever.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Delicate Genius said:

Yes please. The all-navy look is so bad.

That tweet makes no sense. They do have silver pants, and they already wore them last year. Unless the talks were to make them the primary home look there is nothing to report here

• Like 2

One thing I find amusing is how often teams will try and roll with these edgy fonts or grim block numbers as an attempt to make themselves look tougher or more footbally but meanwhile there's a team who has worn these loopy, round, soft edged numbers for three quarters of a century going, "We're the Monsters of the Midway."

GettyImages-76427782.jpg

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

One thing I find amusing is how often teams will try and roll with these edgy fonts or grim block numbers as an attempt to make themselves look tougher or more footbally but meanwhile there's a team who has worn these loopy, round, soft edged numbers for three quarters of a century going, "We're the Monsters of the Midway."

GettyImages-76427782.jpg

Packer fan here. Don't eff with that uniform, Bears. It's freaking awesome.

• Like 9

It's where I sit.