2024 College Football

I just don’t know why you’d want to put your body through 9 years of college ball. He isn’t going to be signed by the NFL. He must have graduated by now and probably has a doctorate (if he doesn’t he’s been wasting his damn time). He isn’t getting NIL money or if he is it’s insignificant. If he just enjoys playing football then ok play for the UFL or CFL or arena. Just staying in college for no other reason than to play football makes no sense to me.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

I just don’t know why you’d want to put your body through 9 years of college ball. He isn’t going to be signed by the NFL. He must have graduated by now and probably has a doctorate (if he doesn’t he’s been wasting his damn time). He isn’t getting NIL money or if he is it’s insignificant. If he just enjoys playing football then ok play for the UFL or CFL or arena. Just staying in college for no other reason than to play football makes no sense to me.

Cam McCormick spent 7(!) years at Oregon before transferring.

What strikes me as interesting is Maryland QB Tualia Tagovailoa entered the transfer portal, but got denied eligibility so now he essentially has to prep for the NFL Draft.

What makes these players so different? Why wasn’t McCormick told to get out of college after 5 years? Sympathetic towards injuries?

McCormick’s college timeline:

• 2016 - Redshirt at Oregon

• 2017 - Full Season at Oregon

• 2018 & 2019 - Season ending injuries at Oregon

• 2020 - DNP due to Pandemic

• 2021 - Season ending injuries at Oregon

• 2022 - Full Season at Oregon

• 2023 - Transferred to and played full season at Miami

• 2024 - Granted Eligibility for record 9th year

If this upcoming season goes without fault, he will not only have accrued enough time for a standard 4 year college player, but has also surpassed the average career length of an NFL player at 3.3 years.

On 1/19/2024 at 6:13 AM, heavybass said:

So Ohio State is hiring Bill O Brien as their next coach?

Michigan is winning again.

Since Day won't be calling the offense it's an improvement. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/14/2024 at 1:59 PM, Gary said:

Not only that, but welcome back to sucking Arizona 

Don't get too ahead of yourself.

• Yawn 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 1/19/2024 at 6:01 AM, dont care said:

I don't know if this guy is a starter or not, but if so, it totally sucks for whoever is behind him that never expected they'd go their whole college career behind a guy that somehow managed to stay on the team for nearly a decade.

I don't blame a guy that likes playing for doing whatever he can to keep playing.  Hell, if you get in another year of pulling all the tail you want, then go for it!  But it just seems wrong.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 hours ago, BBTV said:

I don't know if this guy is a starter or not, but if so, it totally sucks for whoever is behind him that never expected they'd go their whole college career behind a guy that somehow managed to stay on the team for nearly a decade.

Two of those years he didn't play a single game so whoever was behind him on the depth chart got a shot.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

the Saban retirement has caused a bit of a domino affect in coaching:

Saban retires.  Bama hires Kalen DeBoer from Washington.  Washington ends up hiring Jedd Fisch from Arizona.  Arizona hires Brent Brennan from San Jose State.  San Jose State hires Ken Niumatalolo.  

Don't forget. Bama hires South Alabama's HC as DC and Buffalo's HC as a defensive assistant. 

This is a full-blown trend at this point. It used to be you'd go G5 to work on your HC chops but now you're seeing these G5 coaches thinking their best shot at a P5 (or whatever it'll be now) will be to be already working for a team in the group.

• Like 1

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

1 hour ago, BottomlessPitt said:

Hey Cal Golden Bears, Welcome to the ACC

Your first conference game:

@Florida State ☠️

If FSU has a 2001 Canes like season time to bring a bunch of ambulances for Cal. Could be a bodybag game of the ages

In other news: Jim Harbaugh goes from a Michigan man to a Southern California man.. Not THAT Southern Cal. But still coach a team from there as he is going to Inglewood to coach for the Chargers.

9 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

If FSU has a 2001 Canes like season time to bring a bunch of ambulances for Cal. Could be a bodybag game of the ages

In other news: Jim Harbaugh goes from a Michigan man to a Southern California man.. Not THAT Southern Cal. But still coach a team from there as he is going to Inglewood to coach for the Chargers.

For which team? FSU will be a husk of themselves next year

• Like 1

Lousy timing for Michigan, unless they're planning to promote from within.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."