2024 College Football

Harbaugh getting out before the sanctions hit. Gotta respect it.

I’d be shocked if it’s not Sherrone Moore. Apparently Michigan must post the job for 7 days due to state laws before making the hire. I could see that possibly causing problems with the portal (Michigan players get a 30 day window due to HC leaving) due to the length of uncertainty.

• Like 1

Was reading that guy's profile.  Does Michigan really name its coaching positions after people, almost like sponsors?

https://mgoblue.com/staff-directory/sherrone-moore/3711

He is in his third season as the Donald Graham Offensive Line Coach and in his first year as Sanford Robertson Offensive Coordinator after two seasons as co-O.C. (2021-22).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, dont care said:

According to who?

It's going to be a rebuilding year but FSU has done a great job filling holes in the portal. 

You seem to be basing your stance on one exhibition game where FSU's sole motivation was a bowl check. Norvell is about as honest as they come with his players and was 100% on board with any player who wanted to sit that game out to protect their own futures.

• Like 2

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

32 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Was reading that guy's profile.  Does Michigan really name its coaching positions after people, almost like sponsors?

https://mgoblue.com/staff-directory/sherrone-moore/3711

He is in his third season as the Donald Graham Offensive Line Coach and in his first year as Sanford Robertson Offensive Coordinator after two seasons as co-O.C. (2021-22).

Stanford does the same thing

• Like 1

14 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Told ya.

13 hours ago, infrared41 said:

My guess is Sherrone Moore gets the gig.

13 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Harbaugh getting out before the sanctions hit. Gotta respect it.

I’d be shocked if it’s not Sherrone Moore. Apparently Michigan must post the job for 7 days due to state laws before making the hire. I could see that possibly causing problems with the portal (Michigan players get a 30 day window due to HC leaving) due to the length of uncertainty.

It always seemed weird to me that Michigan was trying to keep Harbaugh on campus when it was always likely he was going to face some more punishment from the NCAA from multiple issues. But I guess when the guy gets you an undisputed championship you have to back the truck up and pay him how much is he worth. Sherrone Moore is a good stop gap until they find someone that is a bigger profile. I just don't think Moore is going to last 2 years there. 

12 hours ago, BottomlessPitt said:

Stanford does the same thing

I think a few Big XII schools do this as well. Isn't there a D2 school that has some crazy sponsors for their coaches? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The coach positions being sponsored is basically the same thing as naming a building on campus after them. Someone donated a ton of money to the program, and in exchange they get to see their name associated with the OC position.

• Like 1

Trying to imagine how bad it would feel to sponsor a coordinator job only to see something like the USC defense out there flailing about in your name. I guess it would feel fine knowing you had enough money to spend on something so weird.

• LOL 4

5 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Trying to imagine how bad it would feel to sponsor a coordinator job only to see something like the USC defense out there flailing about in your name. I guess it would feel fine knowing you had enough money to spend on something so weird.

What if the they got sponsors for the roles?

like the Ruffles Offensive Coordinator, the Tostitos DB coach, Verizon head coach, etc

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 hours ago, BBTV said:

like the Ruffles Offensive Coordinator, the Tostitos DB coach, Verizon head coach, etc

Senior (Offensive/Defensive) Assistant, sponsored by AARP.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39492371/ohio-state-hire-ucla-coach-chip-kelly-new-oc

If this comes to fruition, based on Bill O'Brien going to Boston College, I think this is actually an upgrade for Ohio State. It also leaves plenty of egg on UCLA's face, since they had just put the knives away after planning to fire him halfway through last season. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39492371/ohio-state-hire-ucla-coach-chip-kelly-new-oc

If this comes to fruition, based on Bill O'Brien going to Boston College, I think this is actually an upgrade for Ohio State. It also leaves plenty of egg on UCLA's face, since they had just put the knives away after planning to fire him halfway through last season. 

No wonder he bailed, looking at the UCLA schedule:

@Hawaii

vs. Indiana 

@LSU

vs. Oregon

@Penn State

vs Minnesota 

@Rutgers

@Nebraska 

vs. Iowa

@Washington 

vs. USC

vs. Fresno State 

2 hours ago, BottomlessPitt said:

No wonder he bailed, looking at the UCLA schedule:

@Hawaii

vs. Indiana 

@LSU

vs. Oregon

@Penn State

vs Minnesota 

@Rutgers

@Nebraska 

vs. Iowa

@Washington 

vs. USC

vs. Fresno State 

If the school wants you to leave, this was the best thing to happen for him.  They said they'll have a replacement in 4 days. I wonder who's answering that call?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/25/2024 at 6:25 PM, BBTV said:

The sport as a whole is probably heading in that direction, especially since it's only a matter of time until the schools have to start paying players.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 1/25/2024 at 8:25 PM, BBTV said:

I look forward to the Brawndo Water Boy. It’s what players crave! 

• LOL 1

11 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

The sport as a whole is probably heading in that direction, especially since it's only a matter of time until the schools have to start paying players.

Paying them legitimately, am I right? Texas A&M bought Eric Dickerson a Trans Am, and he never played a down for them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png