College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

11 minutes ago, Nickishim2838 said:

Am I the only one that Thinks the Purdue Throwbacks from last year should be there Programs full time look? 

Maybe a few tweaks to make it more modern could work? 

Yes. Don't care for the various monochrome and stripeless looks they've done. I don't hate them trying to use train elements, but haven't fallen in love with any of this. This is a solid base, could use a few tweaks.

15 hours ago, Nickishim2838 said:

Am I the only one that Thinks the Purdue Throwbacks from last year should be there Programs full time look? 

Maybe a few tweaks to make it more modern could work? 

The throwbacks are way better than what they've been wearing. However, I think this is the best Purdue has ever looked. 

spacer.png

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Eszcz21 said:

The throwbacks are way better than what they've been wearing. However, I think this is the best Purdue has ever looked. 

spacer.png

My favorite is this set from the early 90s - the dark, brassy gold, the white/black/white stripes that set it apart from the Saints or Vandy, the gold numbers outlined in white...just seemed like a great look for a team named Boilermakers. 

Catching Up With | Corey Rogers | Purdue Boilermakers Football

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

There's very little separating that look from, say, Vandy or Wake Forest, and Purdue certainly hasn't distinguished itself with success on the field.

The cowcatcher stripe was a good idea, it just needed to be prominent, not sublimated.

Ofc, When They first released their Cowcatcher Design. I fell in love with the idea of them using Train elements. I just think that since almost every FBS Team is going with the trend of blending Classic and Modern Elements to their identity, I Thought Purdue could do something like that Since it's been over a decade since there latest Redesign

Oregon will unveil their black uniform this Wednesday, and it will be the first of many. They usually don't unveil new uniforms so early, but I have to imagine they wanted to beat any EA Sports game leaks. 

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

This appears to confirm the change to Notre Dame’s sleeve logos

I am not a fan of this sad and unnecessary move to change the sleeve logos. Plus, the logo looks  bigger on the navy jerseys than it does on the green.  I would hope the actual jerseys will have that logo featured in a metallic gold treatment similar to the uniforms they wore in the 2018 CFP, but either way this  is a change that just ruins an all time great uniform.

16 hours ago, Lights Out said:

There's very little separating that look from, say, Vandy or Wake Forest, and Purdue certainly hasn't distinguished itself with success on the field.

The cowcatcher stripe was a good idea, it just needed to be prominent, not sublimated.

One of those teams needs to adopt OG New Orleans Staints’ old gold. Saints should too. 

• Like 1

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

23 hours ago, jdukie said:

I am not a fan of this sad and unnecessary move to change the sleeve logos. Plus, the logo looks  bigger on the navy jerseys than it does on the green.  I would hope the actual jerseys will have that logo featured in a metallic gold treatment similar to the uniforms they wore in the 2018 CFP, but either way this  is a change that just ruins an all time great uniform.

Let's see how they look on the players before we overreact. The gold on replicas always looks like butt. This is obviously a pretty major update as far as ND uniforms go; possibly the most noticeable change (to the homes) since Gerry Faust; but it's still relatively tame. At least it's not gold side panels.

spacer.png

The new jerseys are very similar to the limited edition “Operation Fly Era” jerseys that were released by the Ducks’ NIL platform back in late 2022 (but were never worn on field):

spacer.png

The diamond plating has been stripped down a little bit from those collectors jerseys and the numbers have been switched from iridescent green with yellow number outlines to silver with apple green outlines. Based on what I’ve been told, there are two more uniforms to be revealed with this same general design. There will also be two uniforms released that are sort of a hybrid throwback look and are completely different to these.

• Hurl 1
  • Facepalm 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1