College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

1 hour ago, Ted Cunningham said:

I like that Grambling uniform. It strikes a nice balance between the three colors, especially if, like the person modeling it, they wear it with bottoms that aren't red. (Like, black/red/black for instance.)

Oh! Quick edit: I didn't notice until I looked at the bigger pictures: the TV numbers are just black outlines. (Technically red numbers, black outlines, on red jerseys, though the photographs make it clear that they're just black screenprinted outlines of numbers.) Interesting choice. I still don't hate it.

2 hours ago, Rygi13 said:

New uniforms for Kansas and Grambling State
Grambling, notably on the new top-tier adidas template.

Kansas is still on the cheap-looking template.

Grambling jersey looks like an update of an old Nike design, just without the G on the sleeve stripes. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, Rygi13 said:

New uniforms for Mississippi State. New adidas template. Perforated numbers, and shoulder stripes?

GU_nUqQW4AA9hB-?format=jpg&name=large

Even the helmet logo is perforated.  🤦‍♂️ Every year, MSU gets further and further away from the near-perfect set they used to have.

4 hours ago, Rygi13 said:

It causes me physical pain to say this, but remove the "ROCK CHALK" and KU would look pretty sharp.

2 hours ago, AJM said:

gold is back in the desert

If it's not Sparky helmets, I don't care.  This team gives me everything except what I want.

• Like 13

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

12 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Charlotte "gold rush" uniform. This looks very similar to a uniform UCF had a few years back

Ah yes, Charlotte's "Gold Rush" uniforms that are the same shade of khaki as the cargo shorts you can buy from Costco... totally makes sense. Nike really needs to update their color codes to include a more accurate shade than this. It's too light. Kudos to matching the helmet to the shade, it kinda salvages the look, only a little bit though. Gold and white is a brutal look on the football field without a heavy dose of a darker color to even things out.

I will maintain that Charlotte's old gold chrome helmet may have been one of the few of its kind to actually look at least decent. It looked alright with the lighter shade of gold that Nike seems to be obsessed with.

SENIOR DAY GAME NOTES: Charlotte vs. Louisiana Tech - Charlotte Athletics

6 hours ago, Rygi13 said:

"Alright Kansas, all you got to do for these red alternates is just make them look like your regular uniforms, and you should be good to..."

"ROCK CHALK"

"... but why?"

"ROCK CHALK"

"Why are you like this?"

"...ROCK CHALK"

• LOL 4

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Something that’s driving me nuts with the adidas reveals as of right now is that they aren’t all standard in what we’re seeing. A&M just showed a jersey (with a hint of pants?) meanwhile Miss State, Kansas, ASU are showing us the whole uniform. Is it on the school for only showing one thing, or is it adidas telling them what they can/can’t show?

Also if Kansas used the font on the blackout uniforms, I think I’d like the new set they have more. The block names and numbers are still off putting.

It appears that the Gators orange jerseys may finally have silently been fixed to match the master stripe. 

I missed this at first but I was playing around with the Gators on CFB25 and noticed this, and behold my eyes weren't deceiving me.  Let's just say if we see these in the fall it's a small change that has long been overdue.  FWIW before the game update the orange jerseys were the older version with the mismatching stripes. 

• Like 7

KtHjnlJ.png

South Carolina has added what appears to be a throwback to their '75-'81 set, to be worn Sept. 21

Spoiler

And Liberty joins some of their other sports in adding a light blue alternate

Spoiler

• Like 4

Baby Blue for Baby blues sake (BBFBBS) seems like a weird thing to go with. I’d get it if it were baseball but are these gonna be road alts? Home alts? Mix and match with the white and red uniforms? If they were gonna do blue they could have done Navy like the prior set.

• Like 4

Is there some historical precedent for teams like liberty,ole miss, Louisiana tech, and Houston to have baby blue alts? I think Houston is basically a city connect though.

KISSwall09.jpg

26 minutes ago, hormone said:

Is there some historical precedent for teams like liberty,ole miss, Louisiana tech, and Houston to have baby blue alts? I think Houston is basically a city connect though.

Ole Miss had baby blues helmets from the 40s until 1977, then brought hem back in the 80s and 90s, so it was a part of their color scheme for a part of their history.

the other teams I have no idea. UH is to pay tribute to the Oilers.

• Like 6

On 8/16/2024 at 11:25 AM, SavardToColton said:

It appears that the Gators orange jerseys may finally have silently been fixed to match the master stripe. 

I missed this at first but I was playing around with the Gators on CFB25 and noticed this, and behold my eyes weren't deceiving me.  Let's just say if we see these in the fall it's a small change that has long been overdue.  FWIW before the game update the orange jerseys were the older version with the mismatching stripes. 

I'm still skeptical we see it take the field considering how Napier's avoided orange in his tenure (and the one time he didn't was orange pants vs Vandy, which... yeah), but this is a huge upgrade that they should've made long ago. Glad to see it

• Like 1

ExJworW.png

On 8/16/2024 at 11:25 AM, SavardToColton said:

It makes no sense to finally fix the sleeve striping to orange-blue-white-blue-orange and then to leave the numbers as  blue-orange-white-orange-blue like the old set.

• Like 3
  • Huh? 1

20 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Baby Blue for Baby blues sake (BBFBBS) seems like a weird thing to go with. I’d get it if it were baseball but are these gonna be road alts? Home alts? Mix and match with the white and red uniforms? If they were gonna do blue they could have done Navy like the prior set.

I prefer to think of it as "Pissing In The Titans' Corn Flakes for Pissing In The Titans' Corn Flakes Sake" (PITTCFFPITTCFS).

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

spacer.png

2 hours ago, burgundy said:

I prefer to think of it as "Pissing In The Titans' Corn Flakes for Pissing In The Titans' Corn Flakes Sake" (PITTCFFPITTCFS).

They can’t sue everyone if they all use powder blue 😂🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

On 8/15/2024 at 4:43 PM, Rygi13 said:

If they were gonna go with "Rock Chalk" they could've thrown it on the chest, though the KANSAS looks nice.

I also like seeing Kansas in a bright red jersey.

• Like 1