College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

I actually really like the flatirons design on the Colorado sleeves but sideways on the pants doesn't work.  And really, even though I like the jersey itself, the previous uniforms were good enough that it's a downgrade still.

• Like 3

IUe6Hvh.png

What a dramatic downgrade for Colorado.

First of all, they don’t need a Black helmet whatsoever.  Their Gold one is iconic, the White one is absolutely beautiful, and the Silver one they didn’t wear last season at all is their best one.

Adding these mountain line drawing patterns on the uniform and putting those White masks on such a generic glossy Black shell makes these look damn near semi-pro.

Brutal.  

Deion has to put his stamp on everything, for better or worse.   This is a “or worse”.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Don't Arkansas and Mizzou do this uniform look every year? Do they get penalized too?

Not sure about ARK-MIZZ, but I believe USC and UCLA go color on color and decline the penalties yearly.  

I'm surprised to not see anyone talk about how awfully out of place the white facemask is for Colorado. Just looked absolutely terrible with the rest of the uniform. It made the helmet look like a bad ESPN graphic that where they generically place a white facemask on every team.

• Like 11

I wonder if Colorado went back to the gold helmet and then threw some gold in those sketchy mountain designs, if that would help this set. This set has somehow made the gold numbers look out of place, which is a travesty. Colorado should be black and gold primary. Not black and white with gold numbers. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Don't Arkansas and Mizzou do this uniform look every year? Do they get penalized too?

As far as I can tell, Missouri always wears color @ Arkansas:

71695624007-usatsi-21963914.jpg

1355731682.0.jpg

878663976.0.jpg

But Arkansas always wears white @ Missouri:

maxresdefault.jpg

9e470a6e-cfd2-4cc2-ad1b-ea3b7dba2282-112

lock.jpg

Which is pretty interesting.

• Like 4

ExJworW.png

16 minutes ago, PrimalCookie said:

As far as I can tell, Missouri always wears color @ Arkansas:

71695624007-usatsi-21963914.jpg

1355731682.0.jpg

878663976.0.jpg

But Arkansas always wears white @ Missouri:

maxresdefault.jpg

9e470a6e-cfd2-4cc2-ad1b-ea3b7dba2282-112

lock.jpg

Which is pretty interesting.

This makes me hope that one day, Iowa-Iowa State will do a color/color game. It's possible and contrasting enough. However a few matchups have been devoid because of the schools Matt Campbells decisions to not wear school colors (besides last years matchup), so part of me doubts it. 

3 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Sigh...

mens-nike-white-colorado-buffaloes-untou

Couldn't just leave last year's nice White set alone.

I don't think the mountains on the sleeves are actually that bad. It wouldn't hurt to have them filled in with gold. I didn't mind the pants as much, but I think they would do better without them and just go stripe-less. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

I thought TCU's matte purple helmets were pretty a good look the last couple of years, but the metallic glossy purple helmets just look way better. 

Stanford wearing cardinal pants - with no stripes despite what the Nike merchandise was showing.  They look better in white/cardinal/white, but I wish the white pants had the thick cardinal stripe again. And maybe bring back the khaki pants they wore in 1998  for an alternate. 

1998 Stanford Football

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

27 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I thought TCU's matte purple helmets were pretty a good look the last couple of years, but the metallic glossy purple helmets just look way better. 

Stanford wearing cardinal pants - with no stripes despite what the Nike merchandise was showing.  They look better in white/cardinal/white, but I wish the white pants had the thick cardinal stripe again. And maybe bring back the khaki pants they wore in 1998  for an alternate. 

1998 Stanford Football

or bring back the 2008-2011 pants stripes

• Like 2