College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

12 hours ago, damnyoutuesday said:

When was the last time Nebraska wore white over white?

"The Huskers are 7-14 since 1970 when wearing all-white uniforms. The last time NU wore the white uniform combo was against Buffalo in 2021, though that was an alternate uniform, and the last time they wore the all whites was in the 2016 Music City Bowl."

Husker fans are superstitious about the all-white uniforms.

"Older generations, however, have dubbed the look "surrender whites". Some of that sentiment comes from the 1992 game at Iowa State where No. 7 Nebraska was upset 19-10."

After today's game, this combo may not ever be seen again.

Source

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

20 hours ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

Where does the board stand on the whole Sparky v Pitchfork debate? Most of my friends in undergrad preferred Sparky, but agreed the fork is pretty cool. I'd like sparky as primary with the fork as an alt or secondary 

The pitchfork looks so much better on a helmet.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

13 hours ago, MJD7 said:

It look’s like they maybe did it when they switched to the Vapor Fusion template: all the photos I see with the Vapor Untouchable template still have the logo, while it’s missing on any newer photos of the Vapor Fusion.

I think they should put it back on, along with some stripes on the pants.

Looks like they stopped in 2022, the last year they were in the VU:  https://texassneakers.com/texas-longhorns-reveal-new-uniforms-for-the-2022-football-season/

I completely forgot about their minor refresh.  That’s when they removed the TV numbers, too.

At first, I felt like the jersey looked unfinished.  Now, looking at comparison photos, I actually like it without it.  Puts the emphasis back on the “TEXAS” on the chest.  It’s busy with the Longhorn.

2C6EDTP7QFGBTPCRPIMOMWOLQY.jpg?auth=e8d5

71018779007-texas-longhorns-kansas-jwj-2

• Like 8

4 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Looks like they stopped in 2022, the last year they were in the VU:  https://texassneakers.com/texas-longhorns-reveal-new-uniforms-for-the-2022-football-season/

I completely forgot about their minor refresh.  That’s when they removed the TV numbers, too.

At first, I felt like the jersey looked unfinished.  Now, looking at comparison photos, I actually like it without it.  Puts the emphasis back on the “TEXAS” on the chest.  It’s busy with the Longhorn.

2C6EDTP7QFGBTPCRPIMOMWOLQY.jpg?auth=e8d5

71018779007-texas-longhorns-kansas-jwj-2

Vapor Untouchable > Vapor FUSE. I think its pretty clear, and not just for Texas

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

When did Texas go back to using those dark helmet decal? At one point they were using metallic decals which matched the shade of the rest of the orange uniform elements better.

2021 (Sarkisian's first year). I liked the 2014-16 chrome decals under Charlie Strong too, but if they're not chrome, the traditional darker burnt orange works for me. 

https://www.helmethistory.com/texas.html

The jerseys definitely look better without the logo on the collar. Just too many logos with the logo on there. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The pitchfork looks so much better on a helmet.

The problem is ASU has used the pitchfork 800 different ways and multiple sizes.(which sometimes makes for one-sided helmet numbers, which are always bad). 

The standard Sparky logo is pretty consistent. Plus Sparky looked great on the helmet for decades and still does. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BandaBassotti said:

Vapor Untouchable > Vapor FUSE. I think its pretty clear, and not just for Texas

1,000,000%.   Could not agree more.

Nike could’ve kept the Vapor Untouchable for another decade or more.

I despise the bacon neck front collar on the Vapor FUSE.  Only time it works is when Oregon wears their version with the molded plastic piece some of their’s have:

FCQtrbNVkAU7JJH.jpeg

FCQtrbMVIAUXYvj.jpeg

It’s almost like the jersey was designed to have these for everyone but then they nixed it due to production issues or costs and just went with how the collar looked underneath.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

2021 (Sarkisian's first year). I liked the 2014-16 chrome decals under Charlie Strong too, but if they're not chrome, the traditional darker burnt orange works for me. 

https://www.helmethistory.com/texas.html

The jerseys definitely look better without the logo on the collar. Just too many logos with the logo on there. 

Just noticed these yesterday, too.  Call me crazy, but I think I prefer when it matched the jersey:

usatsi_11302716.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Looks too Brown now:

042024_orange-white_KW.jpg

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Just noticed these yesterday, too.  Call me crazy, but I think I prefer when it matched the jersey:

Looks too Brown now:

I'm so used to the darker shade that was worn for decades that the lighter shade looks off to me. Just personal preference. 

The chrome decals worked in that you could have the lighter shade and a darker shade based on the lighting. . 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

1,000,000%.   Could not agree more.

Nike could’ve kept the Vapor Untouchable for another decade or more.

I despise the bacon neck front collar on the Vapor FUSE.  Only time it works is when Oregon wears their version with the molded plastic piece some of their’s have:

It’s almost like the jersey was designed to have these for everyone but then they nixed it due to production issues or costs and just went with how the collar looked underneath.

Back when Oregon first started testing the FUSE template in spring of 2018 (Ohio State tested them, too) there were a couple different versions of the jerseys but one of them had the bacon neck/cowcatcher/whatever you wanna call it collar that we see today. Even when Oregon actually debuted the template in 2019, the jerseys had that collar. It wasn’t until their 2021 uniform set came out that they added the molded plastic piece, which they’ve now kept a simplified version of on their new unis this year. I think it’s more of a case of Nike adding that extra little touch for the Ducks, not necessarily something they were looking at doing for other schools or in the NFL. It definitely looks better, though.

Speaking of templates, I don’t think I ever shared this back in the Spring but the Ducks started testing out what was likely the first iteration of the next template that Nike is working on. It’s… very interesting:

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

28 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Back when Oregon first started testing the FUSE template in spring of 2018 (Ohio State tested them, too) there were a couple different versions of the jerseys but one of them had the bacon neck/cowcatcher/whatever you wanna call it collar that we see today. Even when Oregon actually debuted the template in 2019, the jerseys had that collar. It wasn’t until their 2021 uniform set came out that they added the molded plastic piece, which they’ve now kept a simplified version of on their new unis this year. I think it’s more of a case of Nike adding that extra little touch for the Ducks, not necessarily something they were looking at doing for other schools or in the NFL. It definitely looks better, though.

Speaking of templates, I don’t think I ever shared this back in the Spring but the Ducks started testing out what was likely the first iteration of the next template that Nike is working on. It’s… very interesting:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDI5EzqW_mlandR8Q3ysb

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

GI-kFRpbwAAtqXh?format=jpg&name=large

Seems like this template is more in line with what Adidas and UA are moving to (more of a straight neck than a V neck). The Fuse collar is way too tall and pushes any team names and numbers way too far down the chest!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

^ I would be shocked if they don’t offer a traditional v-neck in that template. Just can’t see certain schools going for the flat neck style which would go against decades of tradition for teams that use a contrasting collar.

They would probably just do the same thing as the untouchable template.
josh-allen-01132022-getty-ftr_1tafhqaci8

• Like 1

12 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

^ I would be shocked if they don’t offer a traditional v-neck in that template. Just can’t see certain schools going for the flat neck style which would go against decades of tradition for teams that use a contrasting collar.

It bears repeating that what Oregon was testing back in the Spring was very much a “Version 1” of whatever new template Nike is working on. They had Nike personnel in Eugene watching spring practices and getting live feedback from the players, so there will definitely be some things adjusted. I expect them to have a new version to test next Spring. I could definitely see the collar layout getting tweaked and I’m curious to see what comes of the “shoulder loops” as well.

The Ducks are always the first to debut Nike’s new template but since they just unveiled new uniforms this year, I think the absolute earliest we could see the them actually debut a new Nike template is as a playoff/bowl game uniform in 2025 or new unis going into 2026. 

• Like 6

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 10/20/2024 at 3:42 PM, WSU151 said:

The problem is ASU has used the pitchfork 800 different ways and multiple sizes.(which sometimes makes for one-sided helmet numbers, which are always bad). 

The standard Sparky logo is pretty consistent. Plus Sparky looked great on the helmet for decades and still does. 

I like Sparky over the fork, regardless what size he is on the helmets.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

ASU needs to go back to Sparky full-time and the Territorial Cup should never be anything other than Arizona in white-navy-white and ASU in mustard-rust-mustard.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 10/20/2024 at 3:47 PM, HOOVER said:

Looks too Brown now:

I prefer the darker almost-brown helmet decal as that is what it has been since the 60's with the exception of the 3 years with chrome and 4 years with the lighter orange. I know the helmet decal SHOULD be the same orange as the rest of the uniform and team branding. But it just looks odd when it was a darker decal for so long. When they were using the lighter orange it almost looked like they were using knock-offs that just took the logo from sportslogos.net and slapped it on a white helmet.