New Honda Logo

It's missing something.  Would have been better off giving the current logo a Volkswagen-like streamline while killing the fake chrome effect.  Certainly not ZOMG WORST LOGO EVURZ level but definitely on the boring side.

• Like 5

VmWIn6B.png

I just feel like since the 2000s it's been "killing one trend to adopt another" for every brand. Minimalism is fine until it's striped of all its integrity. I understand we're in a digital age where branding exists beyond paper, but you still have to create a strong stamp (almost literally) as a business.

I like the updated 'H' but it's so boring by itself. Box it like '81-2000, update the 'Honda' font, splash some color. Boom, done. Then you have a "print" logo for and can use the stripped down 'H' logo for car hoods and digital advertising.

That being said, it's fine. The purple is great. Overall, a lateral move for me.

• Like 2

Need to see it on a car to really judge it.  From the article, it sounded like it's only on those futuristic-looking EVs - not sure we're going to see it on an Accord.

If you look at the current logo, and try to forget that it's all you've ever known, you have to admit that the H is really goofy looking and clearly from another time.

At the end of the day, there's only one Honda I care about anyway:

punch-out-boxing.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So I'm guess they're scrapping red for purple, based on the pics? I don't know any other car company that uses purple, so it at least creates distinction.

The H feels somewhat weak on its own. I don't know how that will translate to the vehicles themselves so I may just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dynasty said:

So I'm guess they're scrapping red for purple, based on the pics? I don't know any other car company that uses purple, so it at least creates distinction.

The revised H logo is only going to be used on EVs, it may get phased in on their other Automobiles. Honda is not going to get rid of red for their motocycle branding though, the company will still be associated with that colour due to the Super Cub.

1 minute ago, pepis21 said:

Look wrong without a box. Unfortunately everything is moving toward to eliminate petrol engines, which mean this most likely gonna be their new general logo in few years.

More like 20.

EV's have been selling like crap and is pretty much a flop. I'll make sure to get a petrol based car before they are forced on everyone (well at least all new cars must be it)

• Yawn 1
  • Eyeroll 4

5 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

More like 20.

EV's have been selling like crap and is pretty much a flop. I'll make sure to get a petrol based car before they are forced on everyone (well at least all new cars must be it)

Your right though, EV’s are the push to have every new vehicle be an EV by 2030, but that will get pushed back as it’s seen the demand is bad, and the infrastructure won’t exist yet, and the ones who don’t adopt will hold onto their ICE vehicles as long as they can.

7 hours ago, dont care said:

Your right though, EV’s are the push to have every new vehicle be an EV by 2030, but that will get pushed back as it’s seen the demand is bad, and the infrastructure won’t exist yet, and the ones who don’t adopt will hold onto their ICE vehicles as long as they can.

I find that this discussion typically treads along social/political lines for some reason.

Regardless, I live in a very dense urban area where for a minute, for walkups, the city was actually giving you a parking spot with charging station right outside of your house if you bought an EV, but then people complained and the city realized that it doesn't work for multi-unit walkups and ripped it all down (it also didn't work if your house was on the opposite side of your charging port.  People drape their cords through trees to get them to the right side, but even that only works if you're parked near your house (I'm typically parked on the other side of a park that's 1/4 miles away.)

IMO that's the biggest thing holding us back, not the mindset of folks that won't give up their guns, bibles, and gas-guzzling pickups.  There's simply no solution for older cities, save for maybe having removable batteries that can be charged separately and swapped out (or stored in the trunk and easily swapped.)  Like... it's not a small problem.  I think it's completely impossible to ever solve for (though maybe it'd encourage more people in these areas to give up their cars, which is certainly happening, and if mine gets hit one more time while parked, will probably include me since I no longer have to rely on unreliable hour+ train rides (and driving when they're down) to get to work.)

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The new logo isn't bad, but it does feel like it's missing something. I agree with Vet, I need to see it on a car.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

There's simply no solution for older cities, save for maybe having removable batteries that can be charged separately and swapped out (or stored in the trunk and easily swapped.)

The batteries would need to be a lot smaller for that to work.

960x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=960

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

FWIW, at least one company is making it happen somewhat quickly:

To keep it on topic, I like the new Honda "H" badge. It will likely grow on me like the new Nissan logo has.

2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

The new logo isn't bad, but it does feel like it's missing something. I agree with Vet, I need to see it on a car.

I invested heavily in a company that's leading the charge towards solid-state batteries for EVs, which should be much smaller.  I can't confirm that, because every time they go to show off their prototypes - usually after announcing positive test results - something comes up and they can't actually demo it.

I'm pretty sure this is the Theranos of battery companies, and I'm down around 80% in a non-insignificant investment. 

If it works, and they can actually demo it and show plans for production, it should be a game changer and make me so rich that I'll buy the site from Chris and rename it the BBTVSLC.  As it stands, I'm clipping coupons to get frozen vegetables for 25% off.

EDIT: and once I run the BBTVSLC, nobody can stop us from being Communist Whores.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

18 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I'll buy the site from Chris and rename it the BBTVSLC.  As it stands, I'm clipping coupons to get frozen vegetables for 25% off.

EDIT: and once I run the BBTVSLC, nobody can stop us from being Communist Whores.

Just remember who endorsed you as CCSLC CTE Expert.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg