24 MLB Season Thread

Gary

44 minutes ago, The_Admiral said:

What a finish, what a game. 

What's with the big Guardians pennant on the third-base grandstand? What is it covering? I don't remember.

4637781974_e6c6734773_b.jpg

restaurant club section. I don't know what they're doing with it, though. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

57 minutes ago, Sport said:
1 hour ago, The_Admiral said:

What's with the big Guardians pennant on the third-base grandstand? What is it covering? I don't remember.

restaurant club section. I don't know what they're doing with it, though. 

A while back, I watched a video that went over all the changes they're making, but damned if I can remember what they said is going to replace the restaurant section. I want to say it's going to be a patio/hangout type deal, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: It's going to be this...

3dwHhPAl.png

GvkMGixl.png

JWUYnidl.png

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

12 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Challenging if a player, who just hit a home run, touched first base might be the most petty and stupid use of a challenge ever.

Why not try? It wasn't totally clear from what I saw on TV that he hit it. If overturned, it's a game changer. If not, you lose one of your two challenges, which I think you get back if it gets to the next inning anyway. You can't take them with you.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

11 hours ago, infrared41 said:

A while back, I watched a video that went over all the changes they're making, but damned if I can remember what they said is going to replace the restaurant section. I want to say it's going to be a patio/hangout type deal, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: It's going to be this...

3dwHhPAl.png

GvkMGixl.png

JWUYnidl.png

This means the seat from my first game* at Jacobs Field no longer exists. We sat where that bar along left field is now. 

*This game. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

It is crazy to me that seemingly every MLB ballpark has been in the business of removing these seats for these hangout bars and such over the past decade. I generally prefer General Admission zones for casual game-attending so I have no issues with this as a trend, but wasn't Jacobs Field one of those places that they didn't even have enough seats to get everyone in during their 90s hot years?

5 hours ago, Digby said:

It is crazy to me that seemingly every MLB ballpark has been in the business of removing these seats for these hangout bars and such over the past decade. I generally prefer General Admission zones for casual game-attending so I have no issues with this as a trend, but wasn't Jacobs Field one of those places that they didn't even have enough seats to get everyone in during their 90s hot years?

I'm guessing this has something to do with it.

spacer.png

I think it was the Rockies who made it cool to do.

Mets/Dodgers game 5 is underway and is already a good game. I've never seen an angle on a home run like this before.

EDIT: sorry couldn't figure out how to embed.

MOD EDIT: Fixed if for you.

Edited by infrared41

On 10/2/2024 at 7:56 PM, Dynasty said:

Not trying to discredit the AL Central teams, but man, this really feels like it's the Yankees run to lose. Their track record against that division has been pretty good in the past decade. With no Boston or Houston to act as a roadblock, I think this is New York's best shot.

I figured as much.

"Mets fans, it's time to face reality. You're not watching a baseball team—you’re watching a tragic comedy where the punchline is always your team’s failure. 6-1 down, about to get bounced from the NLCS, and playing like they’ve never even seen a baseball. Honestly, the Mets should have just stayed home and saved themselves the embarrassment. I’d say ‘there’s always next year,’ but let’s be real, we all know that’s just code for another season of underachievement and shattered dreams. If you’re still holding on to hope, maybe take a break and ask yourself why you chose this life of endless disappointment in the first place. Mets fandom: it’s not just a curse, it’s a lifestyle. Good luck next century!"

- ChatGPT