Utah Yetis NHL

RSL1

In light of the coyotes' relocation to Salt Lake City, I seized the opportunity to delve into branding by crafting concepts for potential team names. Among my favorites is "Utah Yetis," a moniker that resonates with strength and local flair.

At the heart of this concept is a powerful emblem: the visage of a roaring Yeti, where the letter "U" seamlessly integrates into its formidable beard, representing the spirit of Utah. Adorned with pine trees and mountain peaks, the Yeti's silhouette pays homage to the state's rich wildlife and majestic landscapes.

Complementing the primary mark are secondary logos that further encapsulate the essence of the team. One features a stylized "Y," cleverly shaped like Utah itself, with a hockey stick motif cleverly woven into the negative space. The other showcases a snowflake formed from the intertwining of "U" and "Y," subtly forming a star reminiscent of Utah's flag.

I invite your insights and feedback on this endeavor.

53704914882_f9cef40181.jpg 

53704914867_d7d79324ce.jpg 

53705814936_9c0fedabe4.jpg 

53705814926_d4a19ca253.jpg 

53706028118_7124df2406.jpg 

53704914862_52fc4a4c13.jpg 

53706028063_451f8155f9.jpg 
53705814911_82d3cdbc62.jpg 
53706251065_2ace0fe6e0.jpg 

53706149424_cda7531d04.jpg 

• Like 17
  • Love 3
  • Applause 1

I hate the name, but that's not on you. You managed to turn in a stellar identity based on that name. I absolutely love all the logos, especially the secondary/tertiary ones. If it were me, I would make the "UY" badge the primary. I am in love with the "Y" logo with the state shape and the hockey stick in it. I'd build your wordmark and number font around that letter. The snowflake you built from the "UY" is also incredible.

My one nitpick is that your two jerseys have different number fonts.

• Like 2

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

I think the logos are stunning (although i'm not sure about the stroke on the Y logo). But I think the colors should be actively different from the Kraken. So much to build on, but my mind immediately went to Seattle.

• Like 1

Logos are stellar, but like Raysox and others have mentioned, the colors are pretty much the Kraken. I'd try a purple and light blue (purple being the dominant color). Unique to the NHL and fitting of the region and identity. Also, I'd remove the lower white portion of the eyes that touch the "cheek" area. They're making the actual eyes look really wonky. Would probably look better without them. Other than that, I would say ditch the 'Y' standalone logo, at least on the jerseys. The yeti head is a terrific primary, the 'UY' a great secondary and the snowflake a really good tertiary logo. The 'Y' isn't really needed.

Great work!

• Like 2

I'll echo a lot of what's been said already. The logos are pretty much perfect, there just might be too many of them. The state outline Y feels timeless and would probably work best on a Winter Classic jersey. The colours are a bit Kraken-y, but I think swapping the navy blue for purple would do the trick. The sleeves & shoulder of the jerseys feel a bit busy, but I do like the curved hem stripe. I'd just have that carry over to the sleeves similar to the old Pens jerseys.

Ok, I've heard your feedback and I have updated the colors to feature a purple instead of a dark navy. I think this update would differentiate from other teams in the league (including Seattle). I added some badges that could be used for team apparel or shoulder patches on the uniforms. I will update the uniforms a little later.

53708208986_ebb5c7b4ac.jpg 

53707297437_ebfd295c41.jpg 

53708418373_4b4109fca9.jpg 

53708640680_cff295f82b.jpg 

53708208796_a146b3fca3.jpg 

53708537689_09f150525b.jpg 

53708640880_e487c6b60b.jpg 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@RSL1: When posting images, right click on the image itself, click on "Copy image address" and paste it into the compose/reply box on the boards. The image should automatically embed as long as it ends in .jpg or another raster file format. No need to use the full embed code from Flickr.

• Love 1

I love the logos and the updated colour scheme.

I think the only thing I'd change is some of the linework on the primary logo...

I feel like the eyes should be a separate shape from the blue shape under it. At first glance, it looks like the Yeti's eyes are welling up with tears (not sure if this is the right way to describe it but that was the first thing that came to my mind). Maybe a slightly different shape could be helpful.

Adding a pupil (like this) could also make it pop and give it an added element of ferocity.

Separating the nose shape from that blue piece would help as well. Interested to see how that would look.

Overall, outstanding work!

The logos are top notch. It's a great concept and overall well executed.

The jerseys don't scream "NHL/professional level hockey". They're too busy and feel very minor league/arena football league. 

I think someone mentioned tying the franchise to the Utah Jazz. That's a really smart idea and will help in making it feel like the franchise has deeper ties than it does. 

If you look at their logo history from 1996 - 2010 (https://1000logos.net/utah-jazz-logo/) they incorporated a light blue, navy blue, purple and silver. The 1996 logo had a copper. 

You could also go with the navy, green, yellow they most recently went with for a pseudo - Pittsburgh vibe. 

• Like 1