Astros

brinkeguthrie

You're allowed to wear alternates during the postseason? I thought there was a rule against it.

And if there isn't a rule against it, why didn't the Red Sox wear their red jerseys for Lowes two starts? If I remember correctly, Lowe loves those jerseys and they wear them a lot when he pitches. If not Lowe, it was somebody!

IUe6Hvh.png

actually, if you watched NLDS and NLCS, whenever the Astros were at home on a Saturday, they wore the white jersey's (no pinstripes) w/ red script, and Sunday home games they wore the brick colored home jerseys w/ sand script. Tonight is the first time they are wearing alts on the road.

You're allowed to wear alternates during the postseason? I thought there was a rule against it.

And if there isn't a rule against it, why didn't the Red Sox wear their red jerseys for Lowes two starts? If I remember correctly, Lowe loves those jerseys and they wear them a lot when he pitches. If not Lowe, it was somebody!

Did you even watch the 2003 postseason. I think the Yankees- Red Sox were the only team not to wear an alternate.

The Cardinals have some of the classiest-looking uniforms in all of baseball.

As for the Astros, I'm not so hot about them, although the brick alternate jerseys are cool.

My problem with the Astros uniforms are the fonts. That font would be just fine if Houston was still called the Colt .45s. The font, whatever the name of it is, seems to sport a Western theme. It almost looks like a lasso.

Granted, that is Houston and Houston is in Texas and you think of cowboys when you think of Texas. But the name of the team is Astros, and the font should better fit the name.

The Cardinals have some of the classiest-looking uniforms in all of baseball.

As for the Astros, I'm not so hot about them, although the brick alternate jerseys are cool.

My problem with the Astros uniforms are the fonts. That font would be just fine if Houston was still called the Colt .45s. The font, whatever the name of it is, seems to sport a Western theme. It almost looks like a lasso.

Granted, that is Houston and Houston is in Texas and you think of cowboys when you think of Texas. But the name of the team is Astros, and the font should better fit the name.

Well, they ought to look like lassos...the team name is done in chainstich. Has been since 2003.

The thing I hate about the Astros is the fact that they have about 37 alternates and home and away uniforms. It's a really nice scheme and I love some of the uniforms, but god, can you stick to something???

That's why I appreciate the classic unis. One alt is fine, like the Sox and the Giants (when they still existed) or no alts at all like the Dodgers.

But that's just me.

I understand the fact that they have 2 brick alts, for home and away, but they need to choose between the plain and the pinstripes. It's kinda silly how they have both.

VmWIn6B.png

The Cardinals looked classy, as always.

The Astros looked like a mess. Too many alternates, ugly J Crew colors, and a scheme that makes absolutely no sense with their name.

Once they decided not to change their name to "South Texas Railmen," they should have ditched the Railmen color scheme. The "Olde Weste" color scheme is incongruous at best.

The Astros looked like a mess. Too many alternates, ugly J Crew colors, and a scheme that makes absolutely no sense with their name.

agreed. they never should have changed from this:

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits...if&Entryid=1890

it actually looks like a uniform for a team named the astros.

The Cardinals looked classy, as always.

Once they decided not to change their name to "South Texas Railmen," they should have ditched the Railmen color scheme. The "Olde Weste" color scheme is incongruous at best.

Amen to that, Gothamite.

If I remember correctly, IronChef Shark did a concept a little while back that addressed this anachronism aspect of the name "Astros" and their unis. If I remember correctly, it was pretty good...

It is what it is.

Archived