A Yankee fan comes to terms....

JQK

Well, it looks inevitable now. What all of us Yankees fans have dreaded for 86 years will happen sometime within the next few days, if not tonight.

Those obnoxious, self-rightious, pseudo-martyr Red Sox fans are going to get a title.

Well, it had to end sometime. The Rangers won in 1994. The Dolphins won a game last week. Nothing lasts forever.

Finally, Red Sox fans will know what it is like to be a Yankee fan. We feel like this every year. We go into every season with the thought of success, not the thought of "How the :censored: are we gonna blow it this year?" Now that will be gone for the Red Sox. Now they will go into next year, chests puffed out, proud and glorious, with the hopes and expectations of a series win, not another "Curse" moment.

So, we lose the curse, but one must look on the bright side.

This will add so much more to the Rivalry.

Nothing will ever be the same.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my friends told me this over Messenger, I dunno where he got it from so y'all might have already seen it, but word.

Boston Celtics won their first NBA championship in 1957. Celtics 4, St. Louis Hawks 3.

Boston Bruins won their first Stanley Cup in 1970. Bruins 4, St. Louis Blues 0

New England Patriots won their first Super Bowl in 2002. Patriots 20, St. Louis Rams 17

Looks like the Sawx are about to follow the pattern, even though it wouldn't be their first WS.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

One of my friends told me this over Messenger, I dunno where he got it from so y'all might have already seen it, but word.

Boston Celtics won their first NBA championship in 1957. Celtics 4, St. Louis Hawks 3.

New England Patriots won their first Super Bowl in 2002. Patriots 20, St. Louis Rams 17

Looks like the Sawx are about to follow the pattern, even though it wouldn't be their first WS.

That's creepy.

This will be the Sox's first with all four sports together.

But that's not true, the Bruins won their first in 1929 over the New York Rangers.

*sigh*

This adds a new element to everything.

Yankees-Sox will never be the same.

To me, the hatred is cranked up. On my end anyways.

It's the first time The Red Sox will believe they are on equal footing with the Yanks.

There will be fights, and anger, and fun.

Congratulations Boston.

Now suck my balls.

sB9ijEj.png

Not "believe", JQK. "Are." The Red Sox are World Champs. The Yanks are not.

You are right about one thing, though. Yanks-Sox will never be the same. Sox fans now have ammunition. And that, I really believe, scares the pants off Yankee fans like yourself. Your superiority complex is now shot to hell. No more 1918. No more "curse". Just the fact that your Yanks are the only team to blow a 3-0 series lead. Ever.

1918 is dead. Finally.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Not "believe", JQK. "Are." The Red Sox are World Champs. The Yanks are not.

You are right about one thing, though. Yanks-Sox will never be the same. Sox fans now have ammunition. And that, I really believe, scares the pants off Yankee fans like yourself. Your superiority complex is now shot to hell. No more 1918. No more "curse". Just the fact that your Yanks are the only team to blow a 3-0 series lead. Ever.

1918 is dead. Finally.

Last time i checked, 26 is more than 6.

Last time i checked, the Yankees won 4 World Series in 5 years.

Have your night. That's fine. You can have it. Try and feel proud, puff out your chests. You feel that? That feeling of being the best? On top of the world? Welcome to everyday for a Yankees fan.

The Red Sox scare nothing off of anyone. The Red Sox will never scare me. If anything my hatred and anoyance with your kind has been increased. But hey, you are the champs, and now You will be hunted. Not just by the Yankees, but by everyone. 2005 will be a most interesting season.

See you in April.

sB9ijEj.png

Archived