Varitek gets a captain's "C"

VandyDelphia Mike

MAMD101122413_640x480.jpg

Why wouldn't they use a "C" in the style of the "Boston" typeface? And is it unusual to present a guy with both a home jersey and a road jersey when you're signing (or in this case, re-signing) him? The home jersey peeks out behind the road one that Jason's holding.

I also don't expect the Sox to take the field with the World Series patches in 2005. Maybe a commemorative Champions patch, but that looks like the World Series patch they wore against the Cardinals.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

It's taken I believe from ice hockey, where the captain wears a "C" on the left shoulder chest on the front of the jersey, and his assistants (or associates) wear an "A". In soccer, the captain wears an armband on the left arm.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Doesn't Barry Larkin wear a "C" similiar to the hat "C" on his jersey?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"Doesn't Barry Larkin wear a 'C' similiar to the hat 'C' on his jersey?"

Yes, he did.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I'm sorry, but I think hockey is the only sport that the "C" or "A" on the jersey works. It looks lame on all other sport jerseys. I (don't kill me if I'm wrong) believe the Georgia Bulldogs do it and Greene has a C and it looks gay. The C on this jersey looks gay too.

KISSwall09.jpg

I'm sorry, but I think hockey is the only sport that the "C" or "A" on the jersey works. It looks lame on all other sport jerseys. I (don't kill me if I'm wrong) believe the Georgia Bulldogs do it and Greene has a C and it looks gay. The C on this jersey looks gay too.

it looks like it only wants to have sex with other c's? :blink:

rocketis6.png

I think the "C" is tacky in sports that don't have actual on-field responsibilities for captains. It makes sense in Hockey and Football since the captains need to be identified as such for things like coin tosses and discussions with officials. If it's a symbolic captainship, with no tangible responsibilities, it's just tacky.

Umm..just a word of advice before making any remarks such as these,you never know if your mis-use of terms may offend any of our members here.I know you're not using it to identify anyone's sexual prefence,but still I think there are others here that would agree with me.

98Falcons.png

Archived