The worst sports uniforms ever

jamesjduncan

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when those Sixers unis were introduced. They asked Charles Barkley how he felt about them.

He said it looked as though someone gave his 8 year old daughter a box of crayons and a tank top, then told her to make a pretty shirt.

One of the interesting things about reading Ball Four was how Bouton and the rest of his team mates for the Pilots didn't like there uniforms.

I think the Braves uniform that Hank Aaron was wearing when he went past Babe Ruths home run mark was pretty bad actually.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

One of the interesting things about reading Ball Four was how Bouton and the rest of his  team mates for the Pilots didn't like there uniforms.

You're right and here is the proof:

3862947.jpg

pilots69.jpg

FUGLY!

Those uniforms aren't bad, if you remember they were used in 1969. There's no way those would fly today.

(And, as I write this, I am proudly wearing the Pilots cap I picked up in Cooperstown about 10 years ago. So :P .)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Memphis Mad Dogs

nelson.jpg

Woof woof!

maddogsuni.gif

Old Yeller.

What was worse about these was the road unis used a different colour set!

The Shreveport Pirates were pretty bad too...

(the first two are based on and close to their actual unis--the ither 2 are just my feevr induced ideas)-

pirates.jpg

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

3862947.jpg

I was on the logo page. In the actual description, which is not supposed to be funny, I think, this is described as "scrambled eggs on a blue background" :D

By the way, I have been so entertained looking at the absolute CRAP you guys have found. I am very impressed. Your knowledge of bad......is good.

:therock:

In the one year Sam Wyche coached the Indiana Hoosiers, 1983, he (or someone) decided to take Indiana's colors of crimson and cream literally. Well, not really -- the crimson wasn't as dark as crimson should be (i.e. their current uniforms), but instead of white trim, the second color was indeed cream -- cream-colored jerseys, cream-colored pants, and cream-colored facemasks. I saw an Indiana-Kentucky game on TV and thought there was something wrong with my TV set. Then I saw the uniforms in person at an Indiana-Wisconsin game. It appeared as though someone had left a brand new yellow shirt in when the whites were washed.

The other thing Wyche did with those uniforms is make them so that you could not read the numbers from the press box (or on the black & white game film of the day). The number font was such that you couldn't tell 8's from 9's or 6's at a distance and the "cream" on "crimson" made it even tougher to distinguish the numbers. I broadcast a couple of games on the student radio station that year and it was next to impossible to read the numbers - particularly considering how high up the press box is in Bloomington. Wyche was always credited with that design and I believe he had most if not all of the input in the design of those uniforms.

My roommate was in the Navy, and he is very upset that we are making fun of the old Pilots unis. My other roomie was in the Marines. He keeps saying they look gay, just like a Navy uniform. I'm staying outta this one, just wanted you all to know how this dumb little thing has affected my home life!

I think I should start a web site with this stuff.

Those Pilots uniforms weren't that bad. Somewhat accurate from what I've read to actual naval officers hats (or is it Air Force?). Gimmicky, yes, but not awful.

For awful, we have the yellow monstrosities of the Atlanta Hawks and New Orleans Hornets.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The main reason why Madison, WI will never have another pro hockey team, the Madison Monsters:

monsters_front.jpg

:shocked::shocked:

LOL, yikes, thanks for bringing back nightmares. I remember those scary jerseys.

Pinstripes on a baseball uni: Good

Pinstripes on a purple hockey uni: :puke:

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Archived