Thrashers Alternate

Thrashers3.gif

Stars Alternate

Stars2.gif

Preds Alternate

Predators4.gif

Isles Alternate

Islanders3.gif

all of those are amazing ecxept for the stars, thats probably the worst jersey in the nhl

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

• 2 weeks later...
My Hall of Shame:

SOCCER:

1996 Entire MLS League except DC United

1978 Colorado Caribous

1985 Liverpool alternate

2004 FC Porto -- looks like white blood cells under a microscope

2002 Shimizu S-Pulse

1994 Team USA -- Wavy Stripes and Denim Stars not a feast for the eyes

2002 Nike World Cup teams -- South Korea in neon pink, Belgium in neon red, Holland in neon orange, Brazil in psychadelic yellow, and Nigeria in neon green

2003-04 Werder Bremen -- green and orange with those skin-tight cycling shirts!

I got others but can't think of them all now ...

I remembered ...

2002 Paraguay's alternate jersey was copper-colored (copper being a principal export), but ESPN called it orange, and someone on one of the soccer boards called it "meat-colored."

2002-3 Arsenal's alternate was navy, white, and light blue; some sort of weird pattern you would find on your Spirograph (remember that one, kids?)

And what about Australian women and their penchant for body suits -- basketball, plus the nation's netball and 1997 lacrosse teams had some sort of baby-doll tunic to go along with the bodysuit. Yeesh.

My Hall of Shame:

SOCCER:

1996 Entire MLS League except DC United

1978 Colorado Caribous

1985 Liverpool alternate

2004 FC Porto -- looks like white blood cells under a microscope

2002 Shimizu S-Pulse

1994 Team USA -- Wavy Stripes and Denim Stars not a feast for the eyes

2002 Nike World Cup teams -- South Korea in neon pink, Belgium in neon red, Holland in neon orange, Brazil in psychadelic yellow, and Nigeria in neon green

2003-04 Werder Bremen -- green and orange with those skin-tight cycling shirts!

I got others but can't think of them all now ...

I remembered ...

2002 Paraguay's alternate jersey was copper-colored (copper being a principal export), but ESPN called it orange, and someone on one of the soccer boards called it "meat-colored."

2002-3 Arsenal's alternate was navy, white, and light blue; some sort of weird pattern you would find on your Spirograph (remember that one, kids?)

And what about Australian women and their penchant for body suits -- basketball, plus the nation's netball and 1997 lacrosse teams had some sort of baby-doll tunic to go along with the bodysuit. Yeesh.

large_ahl_allstar.jpg

I like the standard Providence Bruins jersey on the left, but the alternate one on the right is amazingly bad. Where on earth did they get the orange and pink from?

They play at the Dunkin' Donuts Center (formerly the Providence Civic Center). Those are the company's corporate colors and you can see their name at the bottom of the sweater here if you scroll down to "Player Bench Advertising".

http://www.providencebruins.com/sponsors/arena_signage/

Two words make those great uniforms : Lauren Jackson

19014d27.jpg

Two words make those great uniforms : Lauren Jackson

19014d27.jpg

OMMF has bingo. :wub:

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I can't beleive these haven't been mentioned:

5480_dt.jpg

:blink:

I actually liked those unis. But my Father quit watching the game because he "couldn't stand watchin those guys run around in women's clothing"

Also, it you went back a little further in the trash heap of God-awful uniforms, the short-lived Liberty Basketball Association had the same type of uniforms that the Aussies and Brazilians both wore in Athens. Thank the magnificent uniform Godesses for disowning them for that.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I doubt I could find a pic of it but back in the Larry Brown Days for one game Kansas wore a yellow jersey like the Jayhawks beaks. Need less to say they were booed off the court. Speakin of yellow...

p1496310reg.jpg

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I like the standard Providence Bruins jersey on the left, but the alternate one on the right is amazingly bad. Where on earth did they get the orange and pink from?

If I'm not mistaken, those are their pre-game warmup jerseys, which have (as was mentioned) Dunkin' Donuts advertising on them.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I doubt I could find a pic of it but back in the Larry Brown Days for one game Kansas wore a yellow jersey like the Jayhawks beaks. Need less to say they were booed off the court. Speakin of yellow...

p1496310reg.jpg

I was at the game when they wore those and . . . .

I STILL FLUFFIN HATE THEM! I HATE THEM, I HATE THEM, I HATE THEM!

That had to be the WORST idea in the Saints' history. Well other than drafting Shaun Knight in the first round of the '82 draft, but other than that. Wait, worse than signing the two Billy Joes. Wait, even more worse than . . . .

I think that you get the picture.

dodgers-1.png

if we're talking about hideous yellow-ish jerseys...here's one that really twists my stomach around

727808738309.jpg

i just can't imagine this with a gold helmet and red pants.....blech. And people complain about the Patriots dirty white uniforms. those look great compared to this thing

Here's another one (and I'm going to be obvious on this): Those puketastic Astros' unis from 1975-1987. You know, the ones with the red, orange and yellow bands across the torso.

I'm also nominating the Eagles' green pants (even Merrill Reese, the long-time radio announcer for the team thinks they're as fugly as hades). Back in '96 in that imfamous Monday Night game against the 49ers at The Vet, and again in '02 when they hosted the Redskins, they wore the green shirt and pants with the helmet and looked like giant dill pickles.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived