The worst sports uniforms ever

jamesjduncan

timeline_1979.jpg

whitesox76.jpg

I nominate these. Anyone have another bad one? Please share your wretched threads with me.

Wow, that Phillies uni is HORRIBLE! :puke:

HEY KOOL-AID MAN! :shocked:

And those White Sox unis are terrible in their own way. Shorts, what were they thinking (if they actually WERE thinking)? :therock:<_<

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some fugly ones I can think of off the top of my head...I'll post pics later on when I have a chance to find them :lol:

Beast Of New Haven (1997-99): Not exactly the best of logos, but they also used neon green as an accent color...it didn't help much.

Hartford Wolfpack Alts (2000-02): Take the Rangers blue jersey, change it to red and have the numbering and lettering in red....what really made these putrid was the fact that they wore BLUE helmets and BLUE socks...owch

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Wow, good work everyone. Some of these are astonishingly bad, and I'm surprised I've never seen them. But in football, this one's still the worst:

a_clemens_i.jpg

Even worse when you can see the full black socks:

s-3fc0ed01cd635-34-1.jpg

They're so bad--they're kind of neat...

The Canucks' "V"? It's just bad....

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

We shall have no mention of...

The 80's Denver Nuggets "Rainbow Skyline" unis

OR the Tampa Bay "Creamsicle" unis.

Because both of those rocked.

And...for those Nets jerseys...are you sure that's not just weird lighting? What are the white spots? OR...is this a joke that went over my head? Stay tuned for more Rocky & Bullwinkle.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

We shall have no mention of...

The 80's Denver Nuggets "Rainbow Skyline" unis

OR the Tampa Bay "Creamsicle" unis.

Because both of those rocked.

And...for those Nets jerseys...are you sure that's not just weird lighting? What are the white spots? OR...is this a joke that went over my head? Stay tuned for more Rocky & Bullwinkle.

Nuggets and Bucs unis - "rocked"????? Really????? Yipes.

And, certainly the Nets' tie-dye unis were intentional...they weren't THAT long ago, were they?

(I be old)

Wow, good work everyone.  Some of these are astonishingly bad, and I'm surprised I've never seen them.  But in football, this one's still the worst:

a_clemens_i.jpg

Even worse when you can see the full black socks:

s-3fc0ed01cd635-34-1.jpg

They're so bad--they're kind of neat...

I agree. Due to my skewed taste of unis, I actually loved the day-glo unis. :D

And as for the Lithuania jerseys: I'm glad they learned from their mistakes, because the unis they wore at the Olympics were awesome. As for the 96 ones, they look like rejects from an NBA STUFF Commercial from the late 90s.

Day-Glo unis.....Interesting.....

See, there is an appeal to bad uniforms. I agree with TheFlameOfAtlanta that some things are so fugly, you just can't help but look at them.

Take the Phillies from the 80's, for example. Powder blue and maroon. That's about as pretty as Rosie O'Donnell at a chinese buffet. Being that woofin makes it cool. It's like staring at a car accident. Ya don't want to, ya just can't help yourself.

BTW, I never saw the original Broncos uni before this. It looks like used toiletpaper. :puke:

I'm surprised no one has posted anything about the Tampa Bay Storm's unis in 1991 (maybe 1992 as well).

taht was covered under "Zubas jerseys." TB was one of those, sadly.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived