N.Y. Islanders concept...

P.I.L.L.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yhollander... I must say, that was BRILLIAMS .

as for the "overwhelming minority" statement: the original version of this logo (the shark / island ) was emailed to nearly 1000 Isles fans last year, and the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY response was that they preferred my concept over their current logo, many pointing out what a few Isles fan posters on this thread had noted~ I've preserved the tradition of the emblem, but modernized it...

anyway, as for your analysis of me... first impressions are very difficult to overcome, no doubt... I've made some mistakes, but like the logos, I'm a work in progress... pointing out my own weaknesses and hopefully evolving as a result.

I understand the anamosity for the most part, but I assure you... I'm a genuinely good person, w/ many fantastical dreams which I'm passionately pursuing. I would hope that everyone here makes the most of their gifts and talents, and continually strives to be true to themselves~ no matter what.

Lastly, I DO take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism EXCEPTIONALLY well, and I will continue to do so. As for taking the unabashed bashings, it's not always easy to ignore, but I think I've done ok lately... obviously there are some people that will never take me seriously, but that's OK, I didn't join the board to make friends... although there are some people here who I have the utmost respect for, and if I ever came to a CC conference, I'm sure some of the people that despise me, would change their tune in a hurry, and hey some wouldn't... but that's life ya know.

~CJ

i have no  idea what it means but brilliams

see, now you went and committed brilliams! abuse. not only are you not allowed to say it, but you said it wrong.

Brilliams!, mings. Utterly, deliciously, Brilliams!

Welcome to DrunjFlix

yhollander... I must say, that was BRILLIAMS

as for the "overwhelming minority" statement:  the original version of this logo (the shark / island ) was emailed to nearly 1000 Isles fans last year, and the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY response was that they preferred my concept over their current logo, many pointing out what a few Isles fan posters on this thread had noted~ I've preserved the tradition of the emblem, but modernized it...

anyway, as for your analysis of me... first impressions are very difficult to overcome, no doubt...  I've made some mistakes, but like the logos, I'm a work in progress... pointing out my own weaknesses and hopefully evolving as a result.

I understand the anamosity for the most part, but I assure you... I'm a genuinely good person, w/ many fantastical dreams which I'm passionately pursuing.  I would hope that everyone here makes the most of their gifts and talents, and continually strives to be true to themselves~ no matter what. 

Lastly, I DO take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism EXCEPTIONALLY well, and I will continue to do so.  As for taking the unabashed bashings, it's not always easy to ignore, but I think I've done ok lately... obviously there are some people that will never take me seriously, but that's OK, I didn't join the board to make friends... although there are some people here who I have the utmost respect for, and if I ever came to a CC conference, I'm sure some of the people that despise me, would change their tune in a hurry, and hey some wouldn't... but that's life ya know.

~CJ

i am an islander fan and i think you should post it on this site. and see what they think of it. and i think you should also show them the originally version and see what they think of that one too

http://islandermania.com/

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

yhollander... I must say, that was BRILLIAMS .

as for the "overwhelming minority" statement: the original version of this logo (the shark / island ) was emailed to nearly 1000 Isles fans last year, and the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY response was that they preferred my concept over their current logo, many pointing out what a few Isles fan posters on this thread had noted~ I've preserved the tradition of the emblem, but modernized it...

anyway, as for your analysis of me... first impressions are very difficult to overcome, no doubt... I've made some mistakes, but like the logos, I'm a work in progress... pointing out my own weaknesses and hopefully evolving as a result.

I understand the anamosity for the most part, but I assure you... I'm a genuinely good person, w/ many fantastical dreams which I'm passionately pursuing. I would hope that everyone here makes the most of their gifts and talents, and continually strives to be true to themselves~ no matter what.

Lastly, I DO take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism EXCEPTIONALLY well, and I will continue to do so. As for taking the unabashed bashings, it's not always easy to ignore, but I think I've done ok lately... obviously there are some people that will never take me seriously, but that's OK, I didn't join the board to make friends... although there are some people here who I have the utmost respect for, and if I ever came to a CC conference, I'm sure some of the people that despise me, would change their tune in a hurry, and hey some wouldn't... but that's life ya know.

~CJ

prologo, as like darthman has done, you have committed brilliams! abuse. please shut up, you are not allowed to say brilliams! and you said it wrong to boot. good day ma'am.

thanks again Joshua, not sure how to take your sarcastic compliment though :blink: honestly, I do appreciate the CC on this one.

as for the island, I thought it would be better design wise to sharpen the island in to a more fish tailish / dynamic shape...

and whats the point of a fish tail shape? is it the shark thing that you just havent changed yet? and i never realized that it was a fish tail so you obviously did a bad job. if you make the logo exactly the same as the current logo and just change the colors i think it would be better than the real jersey

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Cash man, I'll be honest with ya - I identify more with the shape of Long Island than I ever would a shark. However, a lighthouse would not be a bad idea - it's definitely a part of the history of the area. So much so, in fact, that Nassau Coliseum(where the Isles play) is being totally revamped to include a lighthouse of sorts.

The Arena is gonna have a lighthouse built on it? That sounds kinda cool!

If that's the case, maybe any new logo change will include similar imagery along the line as well. It's just a shame that the Islanders have a pretty mediocre logo at the moment and yet have so much history and cultural influence to draw from.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

yhollander... I must say, that was BRILLIAMS

as for the "overwhelming minority" statement:  the original version of this logo (the shark / island ) was emailed to nearly 1000 Isles fans last year, and the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY response was that they preferred my concept over their current logo, many pointing out what a few Isles fan posters on this thread had noted~ I've preserved the tradition of the emblem, but modernized it...

anyway, as for your analysis of me... first impressions are very difficult to overcome, no doubt...  I've made some mistakes, but like the logos, I'm a work in progress... pointing out my own weaknesses and hopefully evolving as a result.

I understand the anamosity for the most part, but I assure you... I'm a genuinely good person, w/ many fantastical dreams which I'm passionately pursuing.  I would hope that everyone here makes the most of their gifts and talents, and continually strives to be true to themselves~ no matter what. 

Lastly, I DO take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism EXCEPTIONALLY well, and I will continue to do so.  As for taking the unabashed bashings, it's not always easy to ignore, but I think I've done ok lately... obviously there are some people that will never take me seriously, but that's OK, I didn't join the board to make friends... although there are some people here who I have the utmost respect for, and if I ever came to a CC conference, I'm sure some of the people that despise me, would change their tune in a hurry, and hey some wouldn't... but that's life ya know.

~CJ

prologo, as like darthman has done, you have committed brilliams! abuse. please shut up, you are not allowed to say brilliams! and you said it wrong to boot. good day ma'am.

I believe you too have been using it incorrectly.

For Shame Josh, for shame.

Brilliams!

Archived