NBC to show NLL games!

DEAD!

When you only have Arena Football and PGA golf until their part of the NASCAR package come to them later, what else can you show? Local affiliates may have run out of infomercials. Plus, they did get the NHL contract that was to begin for the 2004 season

Good for lacrosse fans. Boy, NBC Sports has really fell off, resorting to carry second-tier sports. This was the same network that broadcasted the first World Series on television, plus many great years with the NFL and NBA (probably its greatest success).

Good for lacrosse fans. Boy, NBC Sports has really fell off, resorting to carry second-tier sports. This was the same network that broadcasted the first World Series on television, plus many great years with the NFL and NBA (probably its greatest success).

That's because NBC puts most of their sports money on the Olympics, and perhaps NASCAR. They still have tennis and golf frequently. Bottom line is that they still make a tidy profit from sports, therefore they haven't really fallen off the map. It's good showing some second-tier sports because it gives these sports, like curling for example some exposure and therefore a greater following.

I saw, I came, I left.

...and if you thought the TV ratings for Arena Football and the XFL sucked...

Well, they are only showing two games. It's not like NBC expecting too much out of this. I think this is just an experiment. If things go well, they might show some regular season games.

I saw, I came, I left.

I saw it on FSN. Really great sport... just needs more west coast teams.

Half the teams are on the western half of the country. Anaheim, San Jose, Arizona, Calgary, Colorado

The NLL is a lot of fun, fast non stop action, lots of hitting, lots of scoring. Kind of what the NHL used to be......

I just hope they don't spend half the game explaining the rules like they do with Arena Football. Just broadcast it like your audience knows what's going on. If you don't the folks that do know the rules feel like they're being overlooked

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

This is absolutely killer news. As a huge lacrosse fan/player I am very happy to hear about this. I'll be on NBC in a couple years. Keep watchin' for me. I've practiced with the Roughnecks a couple of times and I hope by the time I become draft age (21, I am currently 18) that I will be NLL material. Im not that far off, just gotta put some consistent a$$-rockin seasons together. Anyways, this is awesome news for the NLL. If you have an NLL team near by, go check out a game. It's prett cheap and it is loads of fun, I highly encourage it.

I saw it on FSN.  Really great sport... just needs more west coast teams.

Half the teams are on the western half of the country. Anaheim, San Jose, Arizona, Calgary, Colorado

Oh yeah. The coasts of Alberta, Colorado and Arizona are just lovely. :P

Archived