My Minnesota Vikings concept

Avenger

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love the purple jersey... the white one is only ok...

and i don't really like the logo update. it could be done better, knowing your skills... he looks more sad than angry.

...he looks more sad than angry.

In the spirit of updating what they originally had, I kept the face pretty close to the original... I didn't neccessarily try to make him look more angry. I kinda like how stoic their current one is. I do wonder, however, if Ben Barnes has a point about me tilting the head too far, and the might contribute to him looking sad to you. I think I'm going to tilt him closer to the original so he's looking straight forward. Hopefully that'll fix the problem.

My main goal with the warrior was to make the existing composition more contemporary and dynamic, as opposed to more fierce or aggressive.

...he looks more sad than angry.

In the spirit of updating what they originally had, I kept the face pretty close to the original... I didn't neccessarily try to make him look more angry. I kinda like how stoic their current one is. I do wonder, however, if Ben Barnes has a point about me tilting the head too far, and the might contribute to him looking sad to you. I think I'm going to tilt him closer to the original so he's looking straight forward. Hopefully that'll fix the problem.

My main goal with the warrior was to make the existing composition more contemporary and dynamic, as opposed to more fierce or aggressive.

yeah, that's what i meant.

he looks more sad than he did before. before, he looked sort of determined and stoic... but for some reason, yours looks a little more sad and dejected.

it very well may be the tilt of the head. maybe like he's looking at the ground, kicking an empty soda can :)

if the helmet didnt have the lavender outline around the logo, it would be the perfect update. liek soemone said before, the oultine m,akes it look more like a mark than "part" of the headgear.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I got super inspired by the new Cardinals mark. I was amazed how effective a simple modernization could be. So I decided to apply it here on the Vikings. One thing I wanted to do was eliminate black from the logo... It just didn't fit without looking cartoony to me. Instead, I used a two-tone purple scheme, and I really like the results.

What do you guys think?

vikings.gif

The pants would be interchangable (though the all purple set would be used rarely), and I picture the dark purple having a specular finish to it, similar to the Giant's blue.

Great fricking job!!!!!!!!!!!

I likey!!!!!!!!!!!!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

Really nice work. I like the purple jersey the best. I especially like the font for the numbers. The Updated logo is really nice too.

I living in Minnesota, I think this would be well recieved.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Logo? Yes

Wordmark? YES

Helmet? Yep

Uniforms? Not so much.

I think its a combination of what everyone else has been saying. I really like the yellow collar accent, but I'm not a fan of the light purple piping (reminds me too much of the neon blue look on the Bills uniforms). And the number font combined with purple and gold is too Ravens for my liking.

Awesome job all around, though.

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

Alright... two more versions. One that I like the best (pretty much the same), the other that's probably going to be more popular.

On both of them, I've tilted the viking warrior up a touch, and I've changed the pants slightly.

On the second one here, I've made the away jersey more white and I've removed the lighter purple from the scheme. I still like the color, but I knew it probably wouldn't be well-liked by everyone.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, guys. Feel free to keep it commin'.

vikings2.gif

vikings3.gif

I got super inspired by the new Cardinals mark. I was amazed how effective a simple modernization could be. So I decided to apply it here on the Vikings. One thing I wanted to do was eliminate black from the logo... It just didn't fit without looking cartoony to me. Instead, I used a two-tone purple scheme, and I really like the results.

What do you guys think?

vikings.gif

The pants would be interchangable (though the all purple set would be used rarely), and I picture the dark purple having a specular finish to it, similar to the Giant's blue.

That would be a great new look for the Minnesota Vikings. Maybe there is a way to send the design in to the Vikings organization and have them take a look at it because that logo and new jersey is awesome. Better than the boring color and esign they have right now.

Can I just say GREAT!

There, I said it.

Great work.

I still think the logo bevels should be sharp, not round...but you've kinda done that on the third one so I'm happy.

Also, related but unrelated....I really think that we are on the cusp of a "piping" revolution in pro football.

Its been used somewhat in NCAA over the last few years, but the NFL has to find a way to "class" it up just a hair and then look out.

And why wouldn't they? Your dark violet jersey with those thin gold lines is SO sharp. The white shapes that mimic both horns and "V"s.

Were it mine, I might tweak a couple things.....but Its really excellent.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived