World Bowl XIII

MJWalker45

img8163070.jpg

there

Wow that sucks. That's the first time I've said anything sucks on this board. But it does. :cursing:

yeah i hear ya, well it doesn't suck, but it could be a lot better. i think they might have stayed inhouse with this one instead of gettin one of the major guys

Freeware fonts on a multimillion-dollar league logo? I do not think that is acceptable, especially when Pointedly Mad is almost identical to the 49ers font.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

"I didn't think it was possible, but that does indeed both suck and blow at the same time."

And you forgot to add "bite" abd "Stink" as well. Ah, the unholy superfecta!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Oh, but the "O" in "Bowl" is a football!

Because it's a football game!

Do ya get it? Huh? Huh?

Seriously, can someone please inform the NFL that just because Dusseldorf has a lot of men wearing leather chaps, that doesn't mean it's a rough-and-tumble frontier town? It would be ever so appreciated.

I long for the creativity that went into the '95 WLAF unis. Instead, now I get to look forward to another season of six teams wearing the same NFL-team-based uniform with different colors, a bad generic block font, and absurdly large NFL team logos on the fronts of jerseys. Sigh.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Apparently this is a sign the NFL plans to kill the league and bring it back to the States. The owners want a "minor" league to build experience but apparently this is the sign they want it here where they can control costs(travel, hotel, etc.) more effectively. I think they forgot that except for Birmingham and a couple of small market teams, the league didn't catch on well here in the U.S..

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It shoulda tied in with teh Fire scheme...for all I know, if they didn't have "Dusseldorf" up there, I'd think they were holding it at Texas Stadium or somewhere. I liked that one from World Bowl XI or XII, whichever one was in Scotland-it tied in with Scotland with the roman numerals on teh flags and all...this is definitely a step WAAY down. :cursing: they disgrace my Fire with this piece of crap?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The NFL Europe League has released the logo for World Bowl XIII. Looks like the old Texas Rangers star with Tropicana font "World Bowl XIII" centered on it.

www.nfleurope.com

IT LOOKS LIKE THE ONE USED FOR THE 1995 MLB ALL STAR GAME. AIN'T THAT IRONIC?

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

Apparently this is a sign the NFL plans to kill the league and bring it back to the States. The owners want a "minor" league to build experience but apparently this is the sign they want it here where they can control costs(travel, hotel, etc.) more effectively.

Because they've chosen to go with a World Bowl logo that smacks of "Old West" symbolism, you've come to the conclusion that this is the indication the NFL is planning to kill the league?

:rolleyes:

Wow! Now I've heard it all.

Personally, I just think it's an indication that the NFLE powers-that-be chose a lousy logo.

They came up with a lame logo, and the league is in it's "lame duck" year? Sorry but I don't know too many cowboys in Europe. I don't think too many folks outside the U.S. would think of the last game of the year as a duel in the desert. Yes it's American football but you'd think they'd look to the host city for inspiration like the towers of Old Wembley for World Bowl I. If they still had the rule of awarding the game to the first half champ I could see the use of such a generic logo.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived