Buffalo Ice Change Followup

Neon_Matrix

Buff.jpg

Buff1.jpg

Buff2.jpg

Doesnt look SOOOO bad...its an interesting idea for sure...but it takes away from hockey tradition...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesnt look SOOOO bad...its an interesting idea for sure...but it takes away from hockey tradition...

If you mean the lines, I agree.

But as for the blue ice... The ice was blue just 12 years ago.

I think it looks good. Except for the lines. Red would show up better than orange...

I'm lovin' the BlueIce, not the yellow line though. Pretty cool looking! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I still don't think the blue looks bad.

If they keep the blue lines blue and make the red line red (if there is one when the NHL returns) I think it'll be alright.

I do see a problem however. Players would show up better on blue (in theory) but the puck will still be difficult (perhaps harder) to see to the casual fan.

I thought when they said "remove the red line" that the line itself would still be at centre ice, but it would have no bearing on the rules as it does now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I thought when they said "remove the red line" that the line itself would still be at centre ice, but it would have no bearing on the rules as it does now.

Or, rather, there would be no two-line offside pass enforcement. The center red line (or whatever colour it might become) would still be used for enforcing icing calls.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

What are the lines that connect the goal line to the boards behind the nets for?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What are the lines that connect the goal line to the boards behind the nets for?

AHL goalie zone. The goalie may only play the puck behind the goal line inside that trapezoid.

AHL goalie zone. The goalie may only play the puck behind the goal line inside that trapezoid.

Thanks. I'm not sure if I like that or not.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think it will be VERY hard for the players yet alone fans to see a black puck on the blue ice. Who knows, maybe they will introduce a florecent green puck to go along with the new blue ice. :P

Butttt...the black in the Sabers logo at centre ice shows up pretty well...so you never know until you see it in action.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Just thought you guys would want to know - they've been interviewing some Amerks players on the local stations here in the Buffalo area, and the consensus seems to be they're OK with it as long as it brings fans to the game. I don't really know how changing the ice color will put more fannies in the seats, but far be it for me to question the wisdom of Ryan Miller. Personally, I think the fact that they've only lost 10 or so games this season should be more than enough...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Thanks. I'm not sure if I like that or not.

The intent of that zone is to help speed up the game. The goalie gets a delay of game penalty if he covers up the puck behind the goal line outside the zone. I believe the goalie is also legal to be hit if he strays outside that zone behind the line as well.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived