MLB Opening Day Uni Thread

gbasalmon

1. The sleeveless clubs (Pirates and Royals) have the Majestic logo on the shoulder of the jerseys along with the sleeve now. It's just above the arm opening.

2. The Orioles, after having the 50th anniversary logo on their sleeves last year, have nothing on their sleeves this year. No cartoon bird, no patch for Chuck Thompson or Johnny Oates, nothing. Boo my Birds...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. The sleeveless clubs (Pirates and Royals) have the Majestic logo on the shoulder of the jerseys along with the sleeve now. It's just above the arm opening.

Add the Reds to that list.

1.  The sleeveless clubs (Pirates and Royals) have the Majestic logo on the shoulder of the jerseys along with the sleeve now.  It's just above the arm opening.

Add the Reds to that list.

It looks kind of awkward IMO. Its probably the most 'inconspicuously conspicuous' place for it though,

-Mitchell

Add the Devil Rays

Comments on the Rays jerseys. The ray on the sleev just looks dumb, not baseball at all. And the majestic logo on the shoulder? ew, totally akward.

Green hats? Plus!

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

One minor flaw on the Bucco unis. When a player wears the spandex long sleeve, he doesn't have a Pirate on his arm. Lawton was missing one today. Mesa did this all last year. It seems only to be on spandex long sleeves and not regular long sleeves. Pokey Reese used to wear spandex long sleeves, but he always had the Pirate head. Just something minor I noticed today and the end of last season with Mesa.

KISSwall09.jpg

Add the Devil Rays

Comments on the Rays jerseys. The ray on the sleev just looks dumb, not baseball at all. And the majestic logo on the shoulder? ew, totally akward.

Green hats? Plus!

Green hats are definitely a plus. I guess this is the lineup for the season:

Home

P0029342.jpg

Home Alternate

fwSRNAZt.jpgP0047509.jpg

Road

P0036476.jpg

Road Alternate

P0047507.jpg

I have yet to see the alternate cap with the white TB anywhere. Also note the difference between the jersey Alomar is wearing and what looks to be a graphic pulled from the MLB Style Guide.

It would be nice if the Rays brought this logo back, recolored like this Nike cap:

1_640.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I was working the Phils-Nats game today, so I saw ALOT of fans there wearing the navy road Nats caps. Most of them had a navy/gold MLB logo on the back, but a few had a red/gold MLB logo. What did the players have?

i've got the navy one with the red/gold mlb logo, and i think the nats looked really good today... i like the aways better than the home

This is the first year in their existance that I didn't pray that the Rockies would soon come to their senses and change their identity, aside from the name. Don't know why, but I like the uniforms they wore today, for some reason. Even though I've, in the past, i've hated their logos and unis. I guess they grew on me.

There's a link to a gallery with some pics. Not sure if the link will work, though.

Rockies/Padres gallery

IUe6Hvh.png

One minor flaw on the Bucco unis. When a player wears the spandex long sleeve, he doesn't have a Pirate on his arm. Lawton was missing one today. Mesa did this all last year. It seems only to be on spandex long sleeves and not regular long sleeves. Pokey Reese used to wear spandex long sleeves, but he always had the Pirate head. Just something minor I noticed today and the end of last season with Mesa.

I thought the players who wore the spandex sleeves underneath the sleeveless jerseys also wore the short sleeve undershirt that has the patch on the sleeve over the spandex sleeves.

I thought the players who wore the spandex sleeves underneath the sleeveless jerseys also wore the short sleeve undershirt that has the patch on the sleeve over the spandex sleeves.

There was one player in particular, Tike Redman, who had on the spandex sleeves with the pirate head patch sewed on, but a bit too low. It's a sleeve patch, not an elbow patch, people...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

This is the first year in their existance that I didn't pray that the Rockies would soon come to their senses and change their identity, aside from the name. Don't know why, but I like the uniforms they wore today, for some reason. Even though I've, in the past, i've hated their logos and unis. I guess they grew on me.

There's a link to a gallery with some pics. Not sure if the link will work, though.

Rockies/Padres gallery

As a huge Padres fan, it pains me to say that I cannot stand the away jersey. The giant "D" right in the middle just looks completely out of place. The home, alt, and bp jerseys I love. They just need to tinker with the away a little bit.

a lot of players on vest teams wear spandex sleeves without logos on them.

when Griffey first got traded to the Red I remember him wearing spandex sleeves without a logo on the shoulder.

Archived