MS Paint only! Contest

Brass

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to make my first offering (not counting the wizard's hat sitting atop a basketball... that was 'cuz someone asked for it) to the general public. No better time than in an MS Paint-only contest.

I wanted to undo the disservice done to the Dallas Mavericks. They're not my favorite team, but the Rolando Blackman-Brad Davis era green unis with the funky numbers (double outline) were my favorites even at a young age. Ditching the big M with the cowboy hat a couple years ago always struck me as wrong. A team named the Mavericks in a southwestern city like Dallas shouldn't have dropped it cowboy imagery.

So I ditched the postmodern font for a more traditional western one. And I ditched silver and brought the green back as the trim color (I'm aware that the faux throwbacks are green, but they don't wear them that often). And since they play in the Lone Star State, I added a lone star on each hip (sorta borrowed from the Dallas Stars), and a star inside the 2 "A"s in "DALLAS". Though you may not see it due to resolution problems, the numbers on the road unis are double outlined, light blue outlined by green. (The home uniforms are single-outlined.)

As this is my first public display of an mjDesign, please give me your C&Cs irrespective of the competition.

Much thanks to SyPhi for his template.

mavsredesign.jpg

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

i might enter this one...take it back to the old days....

Well it's official, save for Steve-O: The MS Paint All-Stars are ALL represented in this contest. YAYYYYYY :notworthy:

I'd enter, but I'm not sure which one of my several hundred ideas I should enter.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Man, you must not have much of a life! Thats crazy. :wacko:

I've been making concepts since February 2002, ALL OF THEM involving MS Paint in some way (most of logos are not my creation, I usually just take them off websites and shrink them down to a suitable size).

In fact, most of the hockey jerseys I see in this thread are using my template(s) and/or letters and number kits. I've gotten the art of making a hockey jersey in paint down to a formula that it usually takes me no more than ten minutes to create a concept.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

First-time competitor apologizes for his ignorance:

Who judges these contests?

And can we submit more than one entry?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

ThaFlameofAtlanta: Where did you find that template? I can't seem to find the raster version of it anywhere.

I got it from BavarianMW. I'll send it to whoever wants it, or just post it in the templates thread.

Here's my Wild concept. I like the idea of a red home jersey.

What I am doing with the alternate should make sense to any old north stars fans.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I would just like to say this contest is not an equal opportunity contest, and I believe that I have been discriminated agaisnt just because I have a mac, which doesn't have a paint program.......

Hell, you know I'm just messin around with ya. Macs seriously dont have a paint program that comes with the OS though.

Archived