Washington Caps Concept

MonoMan

I wanted to keep the Capitol logo, just make it more aggressive. I also wanted to get rid of the black and go for a more classic look.

capitals.jpg

Updated Version

capspacage.jpg

I suffer from a very sexy learning disability..... sexlexia.

Conceptually, I like what you've done here. But I think you could pull it off much better.

1. The "Capitals" font is very difficult to read. Maybe lower the cross pieces of the As, Ps, and Ss. Also, maybe lose the serifs and bring the letters a little closer together. A good "Radom"-esque style would work well here.

2. The numbers look a little dull to me. Maybe something that matches the main font a little better. Also, the silver numbers on the white jersey don't work for me. Make them blue.

3. You kept the striping very minimal and that isn't bad. Personally I'd like to see a little bit more done, maybe something around the sleeves (like how the Blues do it.) But it could work either way.

Lots of potential with this one. Keep it up.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really like the logo. I do agree that the font is hard to read. There is something about the top of the Capital that doesn't look right. Maybe the top looks like a Cross instead of the statue that is on top of the Capital in Washington DC

Good start. I agree that the font is hard to read. And yes, there needs to be a dark outline arounf the grey umbers on white jersey and white outline around the grey numbers on black jersey.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I have to say, I think the logo is fantastic, better than the current Caps mess (Though I do kinda miss the eagle), but I'm not keen on the Jerseys, I think you could lose the silver/grey and just go with Red, White & Blue, like the old school caps colors.

I'd also change the Shoulder Numbers on the White Jersye to Blue, to match the main numbers.

My first reaction, without reading any responses, was that the font was hard to read. My second thought was that the colors seem to close to the Vancouver Canucks. Perhaps a lighter shade of blue, more in line with that used on the flag might make it look less like the Canucks colors.

Also, the striping is so minimal that the jersey looks really blank to me without anything happening on the shoulders, be it colored shoulders or secondary logos.

I like your rendering of the capitol dome very much. I'd try the logo a bit lower on the jersey as well as a bit larger to see how it looks, but it might be fine where it is.

It's nice and well executed. It will be interesting to see how this evolves.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

For my money, this is a really terrific start on what will be a great concept and a major improvement for this team! :D

I dig the colors a lot (and wish the Caps would go back to them), love the logo and font as well. I also appreciate the simplicity and cleanliness of the striping.

A few thoughts:

- Because the font is so interesting, I'm wondering if there's a way to carry that influence just a bit more into the numbers?

- As for the comments about the wordmark being a little hard to read, I agree. Possibly making the letters a bit larger and lowering the crossbars of the 'A', 'P' & 'S' ever so slightly might retain the uniqueness of the lettering and make it easier to read.

- Also agree that the logo needs to be just a hair larger. All of the detail is just too nice to not be seen.

- For consistency on the white jersey, maybe the shoulder numbers can match those on the back?

Again, really nice work. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing how this concept evolves.

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

Logo kicks ass, but you might wanna try a different jersey style. Maybe something like their current black jersey.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

[insert obligatory 'Caps unis were perfect when they wore blue in '98' statement here]

Good work on the concept. Nice presentation. Look forward to more from you.

:D

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

great looking capital rendering.

I think that you most definately should think about changing the typeface, and the jerseys are a bit vancouver.

Also, nit-picky, but either the positioning or size of the logo should be altered, looks like a bit too much space.

But that isnt to take away from an awesome start. Nice job.

One of the things I tried to accomplish with this set is to give the team a more classic feel, something that won?t be out dated in 10 years. My favorite uniforms in the NHL are the Coyotes, classic, simple and clean. I agree that the uniforms I did look live the Vancover, on my updated version I lightened the blue a little and made some adjustments to the strips. I also agree that the logo needs to be bigger and the text should be more legible. Thanks for all C&C it just helps me make my work better. I don?t want to kill the board with this thread, so I will not post the updated version. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts.

Thanks for all C&C it just helps me make my work better. I don?t want to kill the board with this thread, so I will not post the updated version.

I lied.

I still like the darker blue as the away jersey, but it was too close to the Vancover.

SO my last one with some old school touches.

*Move Picture up to the top.

Archived