Dumbest Thing Anyone's Said To You

Ron Mexico

At a Twins game, the Twins pitcher was pulled with two out in the seventh. I quized my frield on how many innings he had pitched and he said "seven and three fourths?"

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know one thing, my little cousin came by yesterday and he sorta started his basketball card collection on me-shoot, he left me with one Jordan and I think he ganked my Shaq too :D at least he's honest-he knows his hoops, but he don't really know baseball or football other than Sammy, Jerry Rice or TO, and he sorta gave me a measure of how far Griffey's fallen-I mentioned his name and he said "who?"

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

My cousin once asked me if we could go to a game the next time the Yankees were in town.

Keep in mind, I was living in Buffalo at the time.

This is the same cousin who got frustrated because he couldn't find Brooklyn on a map of Italy.

OMG ROFL!!! Wow that is great rofl.

My cousin once asked me if we could go to a game the next time the Yankees were in town.

Keep in mind, I was living in Buffalo at the time.

This is the same cousin who got frustrated because he couldn't find Brooklyn on a map of Italy.

OMG ROFL!!! Wow that is great rofl.

Sadly, neither one of those are the dumbest things he's said/done.

And his brother is worse.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

"T.O. loves it here"

-Philadelphia 2004

"Cardinals in 6."

-Me October of 2004

"I think the bears will make the playoffs this year."

-Me every year, however this is me wishing and not actually making a prediction.

"He's what the bears need! Playoffs no question."

-Me about Kordell Stewart

"I think the MLS will overtake baseball in about 5 years."

-Me about 6 years ago. Now, at the time baseball wasn't doing so good, and I was kinda right as the MLS has made major strides, but at least I'll admit my horribly misguided statements.

I've had some quasi-gems too...

"Illinois will hire Ron Zook."

-Me after Turner got fired

"Watch the bears sign him..."

-Me about Doug O'Brien the day he was cut by the Jets.

"The bears should run the option with Kordell"

- Me completely joking...then they did to everyone's horror...

My wife who was listening to the Super Bowl a couple of years ago, St Louis v Patriots.

Now remember, we're a day ahead, and it's Monday lunchtime when the Super Bowl is played, so I was in my car, getting updates over the phone, from my wife who was watching it.

St Louis were coming back and had just scored.

"St Louis scored another touchdown"

"WHAT??? How"

"They kicked the ball into where it's colourful. They said it was a touchdown"

Touchback, Touchdown, there's a BIG difference lady.

One gives a long suffering Pats fan heart problems, the other just keeps him on the edge.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

My wife who was listening to the Super Bowl a couple of years ago, St Louis v Patriots.

Now remember, we're a day ahead, and it's Monday lunchtime when the Super Bowl is played, so I was in my car, getting updates over the phone, from my wife who was watching it.

"WHAT??? How"

One gives a long suffering Pats fan heart problems, the other just keeps him on the edge.

Your wife & mine should watch a game together.

Your wife's "touchdown" was the result of the play mine calls "running in a line"

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

"WHAT??? How"

Your wife's "touchdown" was the result of the play mine calls "running in a line"

my probably future wife would call it "why the fluff are you watching football? lets go outside and do something" and that something isn't anything good unfortunately

"WHAT??? How"

my probably future wife ...

:lol:

You know, I'm willing to bet money on that not being the sort of commitment she's after.

wib - "Running in a line". :lol:

Tell her there's people in Australia laughing at how little she knows about the game.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

My brother (who is a Steelers fan in name only) got the "touchback/touchdown" thing confused too.

Also: "How come Bledsoe's not out there?" (when the other team had the ball)

My mother watching a Super Bowl many years ago: "How do they not get killed?"

My uncle about 10 years ago told me his 2 favourite NFL teams were the Cowboys and 49ers.

Me, in 2001, the day after Mo Lewis's Shot Heard Round New England: "Tom Brady or Marcia Brady, the Pats are going nowhere this year." How glad I was to be wrong... :)

someone who I've long forgotten: "Why is the Washington team called the Capitals?"

JPK

How's this one from me about a day ago in the thread about cities with the best uniforms?

Cities that need some help:

LA: Lakers/Clippers are a mess logo wise, The Raiders are ok.  The Dodgers really don't have a logo but they have a good look, and LAA has too much red, plus the disney look is still leaves a sour taste. 

:rolleyes:

During tonight's Jays/Cubs game.

My mom: There's a team called called the Towers?

Me: No mom, that's the name of the pitcher. (Josh Towers)

There are 2 teams here named the Towers in fantasy leagues--but maybe one day in the real world...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

My buddy Ian, referring to this season.

- "The Mets will win a hundred games this year."

My friend's dad: The Red Sox will sweep the Cards in the World Series

Me: No way! St. Louis is way too good for that!

A person I had just met: You're an Islanders fan? How were the last four losses you attended?

Me: 1-0, 2-1, 4-1, 8-1

My friend Chris: How come this game hasn't ended yet?

Me: Cause the Yanks and Red Sox are tied - that means extra innings.

Chris: Well that's a gay rule. I wanna go to sleep.

Oh, and before I forget: Anyone, ANYONE, who's ever told me that Mark Prior will have a full season "this year".

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

One time at an Ice Pilots game, they had an autograph signing and I was talking it up with one of my favorite goalies Maxime Gingras cause the line was going slow. The line starts moving and the lady behind me goes "Who was that you were talking to?" I said "the goalie." Then she goes silent and says "He's the one that stand in front of the net and stops the pucks, right?"

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived