The New NHL Logo unvieled

jkrdevil

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1005shield.gif

Our new banner :notworthy: kicks NHL.com's new banner's butt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

i would also like to see the officials whear the all grey jerseys they wore during the last world cup of hockey.

I'd like to see them use the silver, but still be zebras. I loved the look the league had for the 2000 ASG for the refs. Anyone has pics of them?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I like it's modern "look", but:

1.) Go back to orange. This is as colossal a chromatic identity blunder as when the Flyers ditched their orange sweaters for the ugly black ones.

2.) REVERSE THE ANGLE OF THE TEXT BACK TO ITS ORIGINAL.

Here's how it should look...

98r2xh.jpg

I like it. I agree that the direction the text goes on the new logo is akward to read.

I have a mixed inital reaction. I usually like slight modifications, especially to something that is as established as the NHL shield. But I wasn't expecting 'slight' here. I thought they'd even drop the shield.

But while you could nit-pick the particulars, which aren't numerous. It still looks like the NHL logo. And that's fine with me.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

the new NHL shield's gonna take some getting used to. it feels like waking up and finding out I'm now a lefty :blink:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I hope they be like MLB and each team wears the shield in their team colours on the jerseys.

This man knows his sports uniforms. He may not know his grammar, but he knows his uniforms. The logo on each jersey in the team's colors would look damn slick.

I wonder if the bevel effect is just for the site, and the real logo is just the black outline.

Also, the uniforms did show the old logo in team specific colors.

As long as the team was the Flyers. :D

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived