The New NHL Logo unvieled

jkrdevil

I dig the new logo very much.

And having the logo on the back of each jersey (either at the neck or on the bottom) sounds like a very slick idea.

Someone needs to clean up this logo as a GIF.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the "motion serifs" on the font is probably the reason why the direction of the sash was reversed. It implies more movement going in this direction then it would have with the new font in the original direction would have.

Yeah, you're rite... with the "motion serifs" on the old logo's font, you maybe remember strongly how NHL was very down with the strike. :D

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Someone mentioned earlier that this might "alienate" some fans. HUH? Do we all really think a modified logo is going to drive away "old" fans? Blame that on the strike / lockout NOT a new logo. That is giving WAY too much power to 2 colors and font skewing.

I admit it feels different at first but I got used to it and I actually like it more than the old logo personally.

The NHL is doing a little makeover of the game and I think this new logo breathes a little life into those changes. We all are going to see a new game out there, centerline excluded from 2-line pass, restricted puck handling by the goalies etc.

If anything this change symbolizes the next generation of NHL hockey. Embrace it. WE GOT HOCKEY! :D

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...722_175401_5236

There is an article on the new logo. It is silver to represent the cup and the NHL is going up to show progressiveness. Go figure.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I wonder if the bevel effect is just for the site, and the real logo is just the black outline.

Also, the uniforms did show the old logo in team specific colors.

As long as the team was the Flyers. :D

Actually, NHL uniforms featured the logo in black and silver.

I wonder if the bevel effect is just for the site, and the real logo is just the black outline.

I watched the press conference and draft lottery yesterday and the beveled effect seemed to be on every shield on the backdrop and everywhere else.

Also, the uniforms did show the old logo in team specific colors.

As long as the team was the Flyers. :D

Actually, NHL uniforms featured the logo in black and silver.

They did that as a way of showing the Authentic from the Semi-Pro. My 3 year old Authentic Leafs jersey has the silver sheild on the back of it at the bottom.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Officially, the logo is the gradient-mess. There are THREE official colors - Black, "Heavy" Silver, and Light Silver. There is a couple of alternate versions - one with no gradients (for embroidery use), and another one with only the Black and Light Silver (for applications under 1.5").

Here are the three versions (in all their glory):

Official Logo:

NHLShield_PL_2006-9999_SOL.jpg

Embroidery Use (no gradients):

NHLShield_EmbroideryUse_2006-9999_S.jpg

Special Use (applications under 1.5"):

NHLShield_SpecialApplications_2006-.jpg

:notworthy:

Can I just say again how much Pantone ROCKS? He does!

And while "Deep Hurting" is good, it's nowhere as effective as "Rock Climbing", but it's more efficient than "Sand Storm"... :D

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived