BEST MLB uniforms

gordie_delini

Who do you think has the BEST looking unis in the MLB?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we're just talking home unis, it's Detroit.... no contest.

But overall with home, road, and alts (and they have many), the best uniform set belongs to the Houston Astros.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

I dont know why but the Padres . Mabye because the colours they used and i guess i like them and their font they used, and i really like their away becuase its different from the others. Sucks too becuase i cant pick the blue jays lol.

4kv29i.jpg

The Mariners. They look as good now as they did when they debuted. The colors, the compass rose S logo and everything else still work and they fit in with the northwest vibe perfectly.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

As much as I'm sworn to hate them (Mets fan and all), I had to give the nod to the Atlanta Braves. Bringing back the tomahawk and updating the 50s era Milwaukee jerseys was the best thing the team could have done, IMO..you can almost picture Aaron, Spahn, Burdette, Matthews, etc. in those...they were perfection until this year and the introduction of the red alt...I don't mind the alt hat, but the jerseys have to go (as do the red Red Sox ones for that matter)...

Honorable Mention

-Cards (a VERY close 2nd to the Braves...even the alt hat doesn't look that bad...if it had a tiny bit of piping on the sleeve or pant leg, then I'd give it the nod over the Braves)

-Yanks (the pinstripes and no names on the back on either jersey are just classic..hard to tamper with a set that's won 26 world titles)

-Red Sox (like the Braves, they lose the red alts, they'd be perfect)

-Tigers (the home jersey is just beyond classic...the road's an improvement over past years (remember the mid 90s one with the racing stripes? Seeing Cecil Fielder in that thing was just ow..)

-Cubbies (like the NNOB move at home and the roads are nice...just stop using the damn blue alts every other game please!)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I'm gonna have to go with the Cardinals. Even though they don't have an alternate jersey (which I think are pointless anyway), and they have kept modernizing it, the bird-on-bat logo on their jerseys is one of the oldest and most unique concepts used in all of sports. They are one of the first teams to use a graphic on their jerseys, and they are still as nice looking as they were back in the days of the Gashouse Gang.

the bird-on-bat logo on their jerseys is one of the oldest and most unique concepts used in all of sports. They are one of the first teams to use a graphic on their jerseys, and they are still as nice looking as they were back in the days of the Gashouse Gang.

I agree, Cards get my vote. The bird-on-bat is classic and yet still works wonders.

I voted for the Dodgers, and I say that anyone who doesn't agree ought to be an umpire. :P

I think you can classify uniforms sort of like historians rate the presidents: Great, Near-Great, Average, Below Average, and James Buchanan.

My list would be something like:

Great

Dodgers

Cardinals

Braves (though it pains me to admit that)

Near-Great

Nationals

Giants

Yankees

Astros

Brewers

Red Sox

Average

Twins (would be Near-Great if they stuck with the M cap and no blue shirts.)

Angels

Rangers

Phillies

A's

Cubs

Royals

Indians

White Sox

Tigers

Mariners

Padres

Orioles

Below Average

Mets

Reds

Marlins

Rockies

Diamondbacks

Pirates

Devil Rays

James Buchanan

Blue Jays

Which makes the Nats the Teddy Roosevelt or Harry Truman of baseball uniforms, and I can live with that.

20082614447.png

This was a tough pick.

If you wanted to pick the best singular uniform, not counting both home and road combined, it would be the Yankees home uniforms with the Tigers a close second. But both teams have sub-par road uniforms.

I would have picked the Dodgers, but their uniforms lost a bit of charm when they got rid of the names on the backs. If they're going to do that, they need to make the numbers bigger.

Which left me with a choice between the Red Sox and Cardinals. Damn tough pick. Both are great, both home and away. But I went with the Cardinals just because I like their road caps.

And to follow on what BallWonk wrote, I'll list my views on this:

Great: Cardinals, Red Sox, Braves, Dodgers, Yankees, Tigers.

Near-great: Mariners, Cubs, White Sox, Indians, Twins.

Average: Athletics, Angels, Rangers, Giants, Brewers, Phillies, Padres, Orioles, Pirates, Blue Jays.

Below average: Astros, Royals, Mets, Reds, Marlins, Diamondbacks, Devil Rays, Nationals.

James Buchanan: Rockies

of course i'm gonna say the o's are the best, but they need "baltimore" on the roads and they need to burn those "o's" hats... :evil:

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

yankees. clean. simple. classic

Boring. (Sorry, had to be said.)

Yes, I'm biased (no!), but I voted for the Red Sox. The home uniform hasn't changed much since 1938. The Red Sox of today could stand next to the 1939 Sox of Teddy Ballgame and fit right in.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals, Cubs, Tigers and Dodgers are all Classics.

Giants and Astros are next best.

Mets would be great also if they would lose the black trim on the Pinstripes and Snow Whites. It adds nothing and creates a cluttered look on the Mets logo on the front of the jersey.

If we're just talking home unis, it's Detroit.... no contest.

But overall with home, road, and alts (and they have many), the best uniform set belongs to the Houston Astros.

Completely agree...I love the Tigers home unis.

Could not be easier in my eyes.

The Detroit home is the best uniform in sports. Sorry New York.

And their Away is modern, but clean and appealing.

And great colors.

That and i really really like to say whatever makes joel fiasco horny.

Archived